Welcome to Gaia! ::

Explorer

where are these threads coming from
i love them though
lmao at the voting being disabled because its stupid anyway
you said exactly what curtneko means about who cares whats going on here even when people were hating on me
the forum is active at least my goodness

Rogue

curtneko
Miyaka Hana
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
curtneko
then make it about your contributions (using someone as an excuse to post about zomg) as opposed to just you (using zomg as an excuse to post about someone)

People normally, do, do that, however are still bashed. That's what I'm calling out.
better make clear you don't approve of the threads i linked then! you're no better if you make no effort to combat them

I'm no one's mom, people are gonna do what they want, I have no control over that.
you're like a christian

you'll pray till the end of time, but you never actually do anything
Curt D: you are dragging religion now? D:

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko
but that's different from what we're talking about

discussing dms is part of the game, telling anteros/miya you love them or informing the whole forum that someone's quit (which again is just to milk replies since the person is already gone) is not

they may be relevant to people, but are they relevant to the game? no one bar the devs should be

The devs may have created the game but it's the players who give it life. They are the blood that keeps the Game running and so each and everyone of them are equally important. scream
i don't think creating a thread just to say you love someone (while encouraging posts just to get the megathread achievement in some cases) constitutes as zomg-related nor a contribution whatsoever to the forum

I already accepted that Toshi's threads are spam. razz The real issue here is that if a person expresses some action in relation to game, In this case, leaving it, then it is absolutely valid.
but it never is from that person nor about the game

it's always "omg [person] is quitting let's cwy about it anyone who disagrees is a d**k!!!1!~!1`!~1`

I've seen so many cases of people wanting to quit and many a time it's due to a feeling of neglect and estrangement from the community and the game. It only makes sense then that there should be a shoutout from the community to show that they are cared for. Ultimately, it's all about the preservation and unity of the zOMG! community and zOMG! is the zOMG! community.

boichiro's Senpai

Vicious Cutesmasher

Silk Kanishk
"I want to quit because there isn't enough threads about me."
That's basically what you're trying to justify with.

Aged Nerd

I don't even bother posting in the zOMG! forum these days. If I wanted to be disrepected by children younger than my own, I'd take a job as a lunch lady at the local high school. There's not enough "community" in the community anymore.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
beckygrendel
I don't even bother posting in the zOMG! forum these days. If I wanted to be disrepected by children younger than my own, I'd take a job as a lunch lady at the local high school. There's not enough "community" in the community anymore.

Exactly. There's too much hostility and hate in the community, and when love tries to shine through, the haters want to take it away.

Angelic Sex Symbol

30,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Winged 100
  • Generous 100
Miyaka knows exactly how I feel right now about some of the ZF..

IRL Cat

Miyaka Hana
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk

The devs may have created the game but it's the players who give it life. They are the blood that keeps the Game running and so each and everyone of them are equally important. scream
i don't think creating a thread just to say you love someone (while encouraging posts just to get the megathread achievement in some cases) constitutes as zomg-related nor a contribution whatsoever to the forum

I already accepted that Toshi's threads are spam. razz The real issue here is that if a person expresses some action in relation to game, In this case, leaving it, then it is absolutely valid.

it's always "omg [person] is quitting let's cwy about it anyone who disagrees is a d**k!!!1!~!1`!~1`"

Miyaka Hana
The issue im seeing is love vs hate. People want to be known and recognized. Chastising them for that isnt fair because im sure that you would like to be known and recognized as well. If youre not being recognized then youre hating on the ones that are. I am sure thats no t always the case but there is some truth to that statement.
again, that is no justification for spam
Spamming does not mean said person being spammed about deserve to be hated and bashed.
nor does it give them privilege to be posted about

if "those people" don't want to be hated, perhaps they should be smart and make clear they don't condone the threads?

ToshiTo-chan
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
This...is a very complicated issue. If you were to go by standard gaming forum rules, anything that isn't explicitly about the game would be considered off-topic. But then, zOMG! was never your standard game. razz

The thing is, zOMG! is more than just a game. It's a community of gamers. The people make the game what it is. I think that reason alone is enough to make threads celebrating its users.
using someone as an excuse to post about zomg = good

using zomg as an excuse to post about someone = bad

the end, not complicated whatsoever

I don't see how it's not zOMG! related. A person leaving zOMG! has everything to do with the game and the community. Using your logic. Even threads by newbies about playing the game for the first time would be considered invalid.
but threads like these?

as much as this game is about the community, a newbie posting about playing the game for the first time (actually about the game) isn't the same as a thread about someone quitting (the person's already gone, meaning they're 100% about milking replies... what most of toshi's latest threads are for)

If you guys think that I am creating spam threads, then think so! Those threads were made because there is a circle of people that are regulars of the game AND if they weren't around who would teach others how to play the game? Starting with normal and not so normal threads! If you don't like them, don't post there... I didn't ask for 200+ posts in those threads. Neither did I asked for, NOR AM ASKING, "popularity" as you say so. I think people like Hana, Eros and others contribute to the game. And I never asked for votes nor anything... So please be so kind and those who think you are too important... STFU!
what you said is sweet and all, but that doesn't make a thread consisting of just "[person] we love you" any more relevant to the forum

unless of course you feel they're more important...

Leasfy
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
curtneko
Miyaka Hana

People normally, do, do that, however are still bashed. That's what I'm calling out.
better make clear you don't approve of the threads i linked then! you're no better if you make no effort to combat them

I'm no one's mom, people are gonna do what they want, I have no control over that.
you're like a christian

you'll pray till the end of time, but you never actually do anything
Curt D: you are dragging religion now? D:
r/atheism

Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko
Silk Kanishk

it's always "omg [person] is quitting let's cwy about it anyone who disagrees is a d**k!!!1!~!1`!~1`

I've seen so many cases of people wanting to quit and many a time it's due to a feeling of neglect and estrangement from the community and the game. It only makes sense then that there should be a shoutout from the community to show that they are cared for. Ultimately, it's all about the preservation and unity of the zOMG! community and zOMG! is the zOMG! community.
[whale child]

Miyaka Hana
beckygrendel

Exactly. There's too much hostility and hate in the community, and when love tries to shine through, the haters want to take it away.
don't forget, becky's the one who completely disrespected and disregarded aryvane's points in her guide just because she disliked a word but refused to talk it out because she felt she'd be served by a "child" (since becky is so caught up in informing the rest of us that she's older thus better/smarter/to a higher standard)

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
curtneko
Silk Kanishk
curtneko

it's always "omg [person] is quitting let's cwy about it anyone who disagrees is a d**k!!!1!~!1`!~1`"

Miyaka Hana
The issue im seeing is love vs hate. People want to be known and recognized. Chastising them for that isnt fair because im sure that you would like to be known and recognized as well. If youre not being recognized then youre hating on the ones that are. I am sure thats no t always the case but there is some truth to that statement.
Spamming does not mean said person being spammed about deserve to be hated and bashed.

if "those people" don't want to be hated, perhaps they should be smart and make clear they don't condone the threads?

You still don't understand that we don't have the authority to control what others do. I'm gonna stop responding after this because you're never gonna get it.

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Whale Child
Silk Kanishk
"I want to quit because there isn't enough threads about me."
That's basically what you're trying to justify with.

It's the exact opposite in fact. Threads about people exist because they want to quit.

boichiro's Senpai

Vicious Cutesmasher

Silk Kanishk
It's the exact opposite in fact. Threads about people exist because they want to quit.
"I want to quit because there isn't enough prior attention given to me so I'm going to leave despite that I'm fully/have a sense of awareness that there will be a thread created of my absence thus will signal a return that I'm actually 'wanted.'"*
Still calling for attention. The only difference, at least from what I'm trying to understand in your argument, is the when the thread is created during the process of the player leaving; either before or after.

If not, then I don't get it.
You said, "I've seen so many cases of people wanting to quit and many a time it's due to a feeling of neglect and estrangement from the community." I'm interpreting that as 'a person isn't satisfied with what the community has given/offered them.' Then you said, "It only makes sense then that there should be a shoutout from the community to show that they are cared for." Last time I checked a community isn't a ringlet of friends. Not only that, but just because a person is leaving does not mean that said person suddenly gains the privileges to undermine what is defined as spam. If so, and by the looks of it - it apparently is, never was I aware that by becoming part of the z!F community you then have to take up the responsibility to fix or condone someone's 'I feel neglected' problems.

Undead Enchantress

This is the problem of forums with no future to look forward to. The people can only look backwards and at themselves.

IRL Cat

Miyaka Hana
curtneko
Miyaka Hana
curtneko
Silk Kanishk

Miyaka Hana

You still don't understand that we don't have the authority to control what others do. I'm gonna stop responding after this because you're never gonna get it.
you don't need authority to make a suggestion, quit making excuses

everyone likes attention in some form/degree, but that doesn't mean the attention gained from those types of threads is right

Waghih's Wife

OG Marshmallow

21,550 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Firestarter 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Miyaka Hana
The z!Forum has become a forum to talk about the people in the game of zOMG who have made a difference to you in your own personal life or in game. People will post threads about someone that a lot of people know, such as farewell threads or "You're awesome!" threads. Several people seem to find this irrelevant to the forum and downvote (Which I just disabled, umad?). Is it really that irrelevant? We're talking about the members of gaia that we met THROUGH zOMG, who are you to say what is and is not relevant?

I believe people are in denial that the game itself is hanging by a thread, and the ones that try to make the game survive are being recognized and then bashed upon.

So, why don't I care that the z!forum is this way? Because, it keeps the community alive, even with all the haters and bashers, if those threads didn't exist, the activity in the z!Forum would be as slow as a snail. (Not turtles, because those ******** are fast, js.)

Some may say Quality over quantity, I agree, however your definition of quality may be different than another's, so instead of bashing someone, why not just not post instead? If you truly believe these threads do not belong, instead of trying to make the people being recognized feel bad/guilty, just ignore it. People do not seem to know how to do that anymore.

If you do ignore it, more people will follow, thus resulting in what you guys might like, less threads that aren't "zomg related". In conclusion, stop being butthurt and authoritative and walk away. You're not compelled to post a response to every thread you see.

Agreed ^^

Magnetic Prophet

14,700 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Partygoer 500
Whale Child
Silk Kanishk
"I want to quit because there isn't enough prior attention given to me so I'm going to leave despite that I'm fully/have a sense of awareness that there will be a thread created of my absence thus will signal a return that I'm actually 'wanted.'"*
Still calling for attention. The only difference, at least from what I'm trying to understand in your argument, is the when the thread is created during the process of the player leaving; either before or after.

If not, then I don't get it.
You said, "I've seen so many cases of people wanting to quit and many a time it's due to a feeling of neglect and estrangement from the community." I'm interpreting that as 'a person isn't satisfied with what the community has given/offered them.' Then you said, "It only makes sense then that there should be a shoutout from the community to show that they are cared for." Last time I checked a community isn't a ringlet of friends. Not only that, but just because a person is leaving does not mean that said person suddenly gains the privileges to undermine what is defined as spam. If so, and by the looks of it - it apparently is, never was I aware that by becoming part of the z!F community you then have to take up the responsibility to fix or condone someone's 'I feel neglected' problems.

How can anyone know for certain that a thread will be created about them if they leave? No matter how popular anyone is, can they for sure know that a thread will be created for them?

And I'll admit I'm in error for saying that the people who leave were doing so because they felt neglected. In fact, neither you nor I can deduce their reasons for leaving.

For example. The first of such threads was for an anonymous user who gave gifts to everyone saying he/she was leaving. There have been several threads in the past in the z!f over anon gifts and this was no different(with no complaints against them might I add). In this case, the user was unknown and din't intend on being found out. It was only through a lot of search the giftees eventually found out it was Dandeliondart who was leaving and since the revelation occured within that thread, so too did further discussion on it including attempts to bring it back.

Next it was Miya who posted on her status section that she's thinking of quitting. Being my friend, I immediately meeboed her and asked her what was wrong. She said she just had lost interest and felt like she'd done everything there is to do in the game. Others who saw her status quickly came to the forum and started a thread where they could together appeal to her not to quit. Did she say she's thinking of quitting just to get attention? Better yet? Should people not even be allowed to comment on their statuses what they're feeling? (When that's exactly what the status bar is for). Or should people leave without any notice or any goodbyes? Just leave the people who you spent so much time with and shared so many experiences with. Can you humanize that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff