Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The z!Forum has become a forum to talk about the people in the game of zOMG who have made a difference to you in your own personal life or in game. People will post threads about someone that a lot of people know, such as farewell threads or "You're awesome!" threads. Several people seem to find this irrelevant to the forum and downvote (Which I just disabled, umad?). Is it really that irrelevant? We're talking about the members of gaia that we met THROUGH zOMG, who are you to say what is and is not relevant?

I believe people are in denial that the game itself is hanging by a thread, and the ones that try to make the game survive are being recognized and then bashed upon.

So, why don't I care that the z!forum is this way? Because, it keeps the community alive, even with all the haters and bashers, if those threads didn't exist, the activity in the z!Forum would be as slow as a snail. (Not turtles, because those ******** are fast, js.)

Some may say Quality over quantity, I agree, however your definition of quality may be different than another's, so instead of bashing someone, why not just not post instead? If you truly believe these threads do not belong, instead of trying to make the people being recognized feel bad/guilty, just ignore it. People do not seem to know how to do that anymore.

If you do ignore it, more people will follow, thus resulting in what you guys might like, less threads that aren't "zomg related". In conclusion, stop being butthurt and authoritative and walk away. You're not compelled to post a response to every thread you see.

Fellow Earthling's Significant Otter

Shy Raider

12,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Noble Shade 100
Miyaka Hana
The z!Forum has become a forum to talk about the people in the game of zOMG who have made a difference to you in your own personal life or in game. People will post threads about someone that a lot of people know, such as farewell threads or "You're awesome!" threads. Several people seem to find this irrelevant to the forum and downvote (Which I just disabled, umad?). Is it really that irrelevant? We're talking about the members of gaia that we met THROUGH zOMG, who are you to say what is and is not relevant?

I believe people are in denial that the game itself is hanging by a thread, and the ones that try to make the game survive are being recognized and then bashed upon.

So, why don't I care that the z!forum is this way? Because, it keeps the community alive, even with all the haters and bashers, if those threads didn't exist, the activity in the z!Forum would be as slow as a snail. (Not turtles, because those ******** are fast, js.)

Some may say Quality over quantity, I agree, however your definition of quality may be different than another's, so instead of bashing someone, why not just post instead? If you truly believe these threads do not belong, instead of trying to make the people being recognized feel bad/guilty, just ignore it. People do not seem to know how to do that anymore.

If you do ignore it, more people will follow, thus resulting in what you guys might like, less threads that aren't "zomg related". In conclusion, stop being butthurt and authoritative and walk away. You're not compelled to post a response to every thread you see.

I Love You Miya ~<3

Loyal Wife

15,625 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
exactly.
I'm getting sick of this forum because of the people in it.
There's like, 5 people in this forum I actually like(respect wise).

Fashionable Raider

11,725 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
yum_wasabipie

Rainbow Nerd

Personally I'm torn between agreeing and disagreeing with you.

Yes, the forum is slow, no, it doesn't mean that any random threads should be okay.

For example, I met this guy in zOMG who didn't play for about five years now. Would it be okay to make a topic about how we were in the shop the other day together irl and so?

And how I miss him in zomg? I don't think so.

There are some threads that yes, belong in z!f, but others, no, not really. Slow moving forum isn't always a bad thing, even though, yes, it might seem that way to some people.

Also, if something is posted online, you can't stop people from replying now matter what you say, unless they decide it's better for them.

boichiro's Senpai

Vicious Cutesmasher

Ignoring doesn't do anything to notify the topic-maker that the content is unwanted.

Rogue

emotion_bigheart emotion_kirakira

Angelic Elder

19,875 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Miyaka Hana

Some may say Quality over quantity, I agree, however your definition of quality may be different than another's, so instead of bashing someone, why not just not post instead? If you truly believe these threads do not belong, instead of trying to make the people being recognized feel bad/guilty, just ignore it. People do not seem to know how to do that anymore.

Thank you for telling everything I am feeling!

Offtopic: can I have your babies????? emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

Ice-Cold Abomination

14,325 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
Some people will never understand.

Most of us understand that.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Gemenice

Yes, the forum is slow, no, it doesn't mean that any random threads should be okay.

For example, I met this guy in zOMG who didn't play for about five years now. Would it be okay to make a topic about how we were in the shop the other day together irl and so?

There are some threads that yes, belong in z!f, but others, no, not really. Slow moving forum isn't always a bad thing, even though, yes, it might seem that way to some people.

Also, if something is posted online, you can't stop people from replying now matter what you say, unless they decide it's better for them.

It's all in others opinions. That's my response.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Whale Child
Ignoring doesn't do anything to notify the topic-maker that the content is unwanted.

What if the post to the topic is unwanted? Then should that be removed as well? You don't have the right to decide what is and is not wanted.

Rainbow Nerd

Miyaka Hana
Gemenice

It's all in others opinions. That's my response.

And with that, I agree fully. People have right to express their own opinion also. No matter whether it agrees with any of the original posters, or not.

boichiro's Senpai

Vicious Cutesmasher

Miyaka Hana
If the post is unwanted, then it can go your way to ignore it. If not, then notify the person that it's not wanted. Though, in my personal opinion, it's more effective to notify since you're actually giving that person a direct response rather than an ambiguous guess.
I do have the right to decide what is wanted and what isn't, just as any other person. It honestly gets down to an individual's preference of what they want to see because realistically speaking, the majority of the posts here are harmless despite their potential for a provoking argument.

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Whale Child
Miyaka Hana
If the post is unwanted, then it can go your way to ignore it. If not, then notify the person that it's not wanted. Though, in my personal opinion, it's more effective to notify since you're actually giving that person a direct response rather than an ambiguous guess.
I do have the right to decide what is wanted and what isn't, just as any other person. It honestly gets down to an individual's preference of what they want to see because realistically speaking, the majority of the posts here are harmless despite their potential for a provoking argument.

What I am saying is that what you may see as unwanted will not be unwanted by others, and it's selfish of you to say that it is unwanted.

Dangerous Sex Symbol

</Sarcastic nasal butt-hurt voice here>

This thread is Totes not related to zOmg in any way or form.
I mean like, she didn't even use the damn word "zOmg!".

Is she even a player? Da Fruck!?

Oh, wait...this isn't chatterbox but I thought I'd exercise the same CB posting forum-whore posting etiquette...

I mean how else will I like totally get famous in zOmg without actually bloody playing the game right?
Am I right, or Right?
I know, right.

*Flips hair and purses lips like a million dollar hooker that doesn't even hook around*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff