Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
... and why your excuse for the way it turned out is, quite frankly, bullshit.

Let's get right down to it, shall we?

1) When we asked for bare legs, we obviously meant bare feet as well.
I love going barefoot in real life and I'd love for my avi to be able to reflect that, but the fact that we're stuck with just a stiff pose, not to mention either duck flippers if you're a girl or pork slabs if you're a guy, doesn't make me want to show off my avi's feetsies at all. We wanted something like the bare arms, but for legs, so that we could have more dynamic options without requiring shoes; not to be forced into quite possibly the most awkward little shoes ever.
2) We want to be able to wear our sexy legs with skirts and pants too.
Yeah, they work with dresses... But guess what, people like going barefoot with other clothes too. In fact, it makes more sense to go barefoot with a simple summer skirt than with a fancy dress, doesn't it? But as is, the layering is so restrictive that not even skirts work with it.
Yeah, some longer pants and tight skirts may look weird with the more extreme leg mods, but then at least let it be our choice not to wear those together with them? As is, we can't even wear short skirts and booty shorts with them and that's just ridiculous.

Edit 01/12/2015: Just noticed that some time in the past week, the existing legs were updated to work with pants, skirts, and even anklets/shoe clips/garters; pretty much the only thing they don't work with now seems to be underwear, some leggings, and shoes. While it's still not quite what we asked for in regards to the bare feet and all (and the panties are still there), it at least makes the legs a lot more useable, so thanks for that, artists! heart
3) What is with those dumb briefs and panties?
They were entirely unneeded and just add to the whole awkward-factor even more, not to mention the restrictive layering again... Can we maybe use the underwear of our choice with these legs? Some of them would be lovely for pin-up avatars, but the default panties that are stuck on it are decidedly unsexy.
4) You give us bare legs to have some poses other than the stiff default pose, but you neglect the sitting poses?
Out of the six pairs of legs in the RIG (not counting the Shapely Leg Surgery (and by the way, what's with only six?)), only two had somewhat interesting sitting poses that were at least a bit different from the usual (emphasis on a bit), the other four were just the same old on-your-knees-with-feet-splayed-out-to-the-side awkward pose. You could've done so much more with that.

Edit 01/02/2016: With the recent MistleToes leg mod RIG, we got some new bare leg mods that actually came without panties this time, thank goodness; these are definitely a lot closer to what we've been wanting~ heart And while there are a few that still use the same basic sitting pose, that mostly seems to be due to the leg mods they are based on; the ones that already had unique sitting poses for the most part kept those in the bare leg version ouo b
The only weird one out is the Kuma Legs which were based on Kuma March, but that might be because of how the original leg mod worked?

And another thing I'd really like to thank the artists for is the inclusion of fantasy tones as well; we know it's not possible to include all of them due to the sheer number of skin mods that are out there, but this is at least a good selection of some of the most-used ones, and already gives a lot more options in matching other skin tones as closely as possible as well whee

We're getting so close now, let's hope we'll see some actual bare feet some time this spring or summer! heart

Edit 08/06/2016: And just as I thought we were finally granted our wish, my heart was shattered in pieces just as quickly, because the awkward panties have made a return, in quite possibly the most unnecessary way ever c:

Gdi, why is it always one or the other, I thought y'all had learnt after the Mistle Toes RIG but now we're right back to square 1 (okay, maybe more like square 2), cause we finally have frikkin' bare feet, but we still can't wear them with panties or bikinis emotion_facepalm

Also, guys are still waiting for their turn too, jus' saiyan' emotion_c8

Edit 08/12/2016: Bless based pyawakit, for we have finally achieved true bare-footedness at last! ;u; 9

Remember kids, be good ;U

pyawakit
Hello!

I removed the panties from Not Before My Coffee! emotion_yatta I was afraid it would be going against our own ToS by having them gone. As long as people don't make any avatar in themes that can break the ToS, we can make more bare feet mods without having to put a panty layer on.

emotion_yatta

Edit 08/24/2016: And finally, FINALLY, after waiting two years, we now officially have a bunch of bare legs! ;u; 9 /throws confetti
I know that it's mostly fairly thin legs, and the shading and pixeling could use some work here and there, not to mention the lack of interesting sitting poses for most of them; but it's bare feet, it's goddamn bare feet in a variety of poses after all this time, hallelujah!
Bless the artists for including fantasy skins for all of them too and making them that much more useful for everyone~ heart

I'm leaving this thread up for future reference cause I'd still like to see some of the other examples that I mocked up get made, and we could still use more variety in body type (buff, hairy, large feet, thick thighs, tattoos, you name it), but I'm content for now =u= b
Feel free to leave your suggestions for what else they could do in the thread though heart

-----------------------------------------

Now, let's see why I mentioned above that your explanation is bullshit.

Quote:
Quote:
Shake a leg items don't fit with anything! Its more like a pants item than a bare mod item since it won't work with any skirt or shorts. It can't work as casual pants either because most colors are natural skin tones. I was so disappointed with it. You can still see the panty line when its with another undergarment. I hope gaia improves this other wise whats the point of having this item?
Bare leg mods have been highly requested since our Right to Bare Arms CI and we have been trying to figure out a way to make these available for users. Unfortunately, since we are a pixel-based dress-up system, we are unable to make existing pants that are conformed to the default leg stance to fit with these new legs. The compromise we came to is as you described: pants that look like skin. Many of our skirts are on the same default layer as pants, so they are bumping these legs. However, each leg included a white tights and black tights version for the maximum usability, and additional adjustments regarding layering with skirts is still in development. These are a novel item, so it may take a little time to get it right, so please be patient while we do the best we can to offer bare legs for Gaians to equip!

Because it's not like you've ever done nekkid body parts that more or less seamlessly blend into the base avi before, right, so of course you're entirely unfamiliar with the techniques needed for it?

User Image
Sleeveless!Nanzzy would like to have a word with you.

... Oh.

Quote:
Many of our skirts are on the same default layer as pants, so they are bumping these legs.

That's not even true, since skirts are on the layer just above pants. But surely it must be impossible for leg mods to work together with pants, at least?

User Image
Okay Nanzzy, now you're starting to scare us.

... OH.

No seriously, if I can wear that ridiculous leg mod together with any of the pants of my choosing, why not bare legs?

Quote:
The compromise we came to is as you described: pants that look like skin. [...] However, each leg included a white tights and black tights version for the maximum usability, and additional adjustments regarding layering with skirts is still in development.

This is clearly the best compromise you could've come to, and absolutely 'maximum usability' is in play here, because it's not like you have any leg/feet mods that are on the shoes or boots layer, so no way you could've simply repixeled those instead, right?

User Image

... Okay, but that's just four of them-

User Image

So that makes it more than there were even in the Shake a Leg RIG, but-

User Image

But-

User Image

Have I made my point yet? After going through my entire inventory and wishlist, that's at least 16 leg/feet mods which are all on the shoes or boots layer as far as I can tell; as proven by the Dancer's Bottom Nanzzy's wearing with all of them. And that's just the ones I picked out which had unusual sitting poses, since, again, we're asking for bare legs as variety from the usual stiff pose and the sitting pose is even worse than the standing pose; I have at least 40 more examples of leg/feet mods that are on the right layers without a special sitting pose.

So, what's your excuse? You have the techniques for making skin-matching body parts, you have the ability to layer leg mods under skirts and even pants (even those that go all the way up to the waist like in some of the examples there), you have plenty of leg mods that aren't attached to any sort of pants or underwear or whatnot; so why does it seem to be so hard to give us some proper bare legs?

tl;dr: C'mon, Gaia. Get your act together and either admit honestly why you don't want to give us bare leg mods, or just make them happen already. These things have been requested ever since the first Right to Bare Arms came out, it shouldn't have to take this long to figure it out.

Need more examples of leg mods that are on the right layers?
Persecuted Halfbreed Alyssia
Brisk Stroll
Vengeful Queen
Dew Drop
Absolute Maiden
Adelpha's Resolve
Pink Dragoness
Butterfly Kick
Prince of the Sea: Marika
Faded Revenant
Tweed Twee
Silent Nurse
Aegle Allure
Latex Venus
Shy Gardener
Ritzy Dame
Chara's Spirit
Seifuku Slicer
Romantic St.
Heart x Mind
Icy Ascension
Crimson Shoes
Rose Saga
Paramour's Break
Zodiacal (Capricorn)
Rosamund's Revenge
Pieces of You
Trilune's Covenant
Fallen King
Rosepetal Roll Cake
Potion Seller
Teddy March
Miss Mustachio
Queen Battina
Fallout Vulture
Le Secret de Victorie
My Favorite Pattern
Blueberry Darling
Snowlace Dancer
Fallen Star's Return
White Rabbit's Pace
Indifference of Death
Cranky Cat
Counterfeit Bride
Warworn Celt
Born from Blood (huntress' legs)

Leg mods that aren't on the right layers but would look nice reworked as bare legs
Cocklebur King
Nyx Reborn
World of Devil
Maker of Pies
Fabled Thief
Born from Blood (hunter's legs)

More suggestions:

Magically Clueless
Lovely edits of the leg mods and I hope they release something exactly like this. I personally would love bare versions of the counterfeit bride legs. It would be really cool to get doll legs too, ones that match the marionettes (like puppeteer's doll or any of the marionette items that aren't restrung) and the lady lucie legs. It'd also be even cooler if we can get bloody versions of bare leg mods. I love bloody avatars, and nothing says creepy like a little girl in a poofy dress and no shoes. just saiyan.

Prue
I have a tissue
If bare legs are going to come with bare feet, I would prefer the feet to be of appropriate size in proportion to the body.
I very much agree with this. One of the reasons I personally don't use leg mods almost ever is because they make my feet look miniscule or ridiculous proportionally, sometimes like I've even been foot bound. It'd be one thing if it was every once and awhile, but a huge portion of foot/leg mods do this .-.

Perfect Saint

I definitely would love more leg mods that are easier to work with and still look great.

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Myrielle
I definitely would love more leg mods that are easier to work with and still look great.
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

I just want any bare feet in general, especially if they're nicely shaded and matchy with the bare arms, anything'd be an improvement over what they did with Shake a Leg oxo

User Image

Wild Faun

I love leg mods that work and would love to have bare feet too! I could do a lot with bare feet. I'm wondering if feet is too hard or something for the artists to do or I dunno.

C 's Fav

Smol Kitten

35,550 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Love Machine 150
.: [ I'm keen for this. Those look awesome.
And I hate when leg mods are on a lame layer so you can't wear stuff over them.
I would have thought that items like bare legs would have been on the tights layer, so we could have items on top.
] :.

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Cursed Fable
I'm wondering if feet is too hard or something for the artists to do or I dunno.
sup-qt
.: [ And I hate when leg mods are on a lame layer so you can't wear stuff over them.
I would have thought that items like bare legs would have been on the tights layer, so we could have items on top.
] :.
”Tell me why am I still here when it’s all gone; I’m living with the ghost of yesterday
Tell me why am I still trying to hold on; I’ve got to tear it down to let it go”

This is exactly what I'm scratching my head at... I mean, they've shown before that they can do leg mods on a stockings/shoes/boots layer rather than pants or skirts, so why didn't they go with that this time? confused
And Swim Team Dreamboat had some pretty decent feetsies, even if they're a bit heavily shaded O3o

User Image

Loyal Dog

38,675 Points
  • Gaia Artist Alley Box Achievement 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Yes, this please. This is totally what I was hoping for when they released Shake A Leg. Shapely Leg Surgery was the only thing in there that was even remotely close. Some nice guy leg poses on the boot/tights layer would be nice too. Like the legs from White Rabbit's Pace. Heck they could just make bare leg tights/boots based on guy leg mods. I actually suggested this once in AtS. This is the response I got.

Quote:
Seiji-ojisan
Items

In response to the Shake A Leg question. A work-around could be to make them equip like tights, boots or stockings. There are plenty of items that change your legs without being pants and may be equipped with a skirt or underwear of the user's choosing. Also, in the future, maybe consider removing the shoes. I was a little disappointed they weren't actually completely bare legs.

Hi there! This was something we considered but it would limit the expressiveness of the legs considerably and cause really strange glitching with regards to dual equipping with slimming pants, which we have a lot of. We decided for the first release of bare legs to just try the skin-colored-pants version but your version is definitely possible for future if bare legs are requested!

Like I'm certain most people weren't planning on wearing slimming pants with these legs. rolleyes And "if future bare legs are requested"? lol

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Seiji-ojisan
Yes, this please. This is totally what I was hoping for when they released Shake A Leg. Shapely Leg Surgery was the only thing in there that was even remotely close. Some nice guy leg poses on the boot/tights layer would be nice too. Like the legs from White Rabbit's Pace. Heck they could just make bare leg tights/boots based on guy leg mods. I actually suggested this once in AtS. This is the response I got.

Like I'm certain most people weren't planning on wearing slimming pants with these legs. rolleyes And "if future bare legs are requested"? lol

That was the other quote I was looking for but couldn't find it xD
But yeah, like, if it glitches, we have the option not to wear them together, right? emotion_facepalm Better than no pants at all lol

And I tried finding some more guy leg mods for the examples too, but unsurprisingly, there weren't a lot that are on the right layer, because Gaia hates guys like that lol

User Image

Loyal Dog

38,675 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nanzzy-chan

That was the other quote I was looking for but couldn't find it xD
But yeah, like, if it glitches, we have the option not to wear them together, right? emotion_facepalm Better than no pants at all lol

And I tried finding some more guy leg mods for the examples too, but unsurprisingly, there weren't a lot that are on the right layer, because Gaia hates guys like that lol

Glad I could supply it then. xD
Exactly. 3nodding Plus there's plenty of regular leg mods with slimming pants. It would be dumb to try and equip them both.

Oh my gosh, they sure do. emotion_donotwant The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are White Rabbit's Pace and Indifference of Death (there's also Fallen King, but that's already on your list), there's also the male version of the Mcfly legs. But it's not like they can't take the poses of certain guys' pants leg mods and modify them into skin colored "tights." =/

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Seiji-ojisan
Glad I could supply it then. xD
Exactly. 3nodding Plus there's plenty of regular leg mods with slimming pants. It would be dumb to try and equip them both.

Oh my gosh, they sure do. emotion_donotwant The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are White Rabbit's Pace and Indifference of Death (there's also Fallen King, but that's already on your list), there's also the male version of the Mcfly legs. But it's not like they can't take the poses of certain guys' pants leg mods and modify them into skin colored "tights." =/

Exactly emotion_facepalm

Pffft... That's not a whole lot xd But yeah, surely it should be possible to kinda change the layering and all to make it work O3o There's always the Handsome Lech legs, I'm sure people would love to see that one without pants

User Image

Loyal Dog

38,675 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nanzzy-chan

Exactly emotion_facepalm

Pffft... That's not a whole lot xd But yeah, surely it should be possible to kinda change the layering and all to make it work O3o There's always the Handsome Lech legs, I'm sure people would love to see that one without pants

User Image

I'd like to see bare legs similar to the Cocklebur King and Nyx Reborn, maybe World of Devil. They're on the pants layer, but they're all low set enough to be easily tweaked into tights. I'd also like legs similar to Maker of Pies or Fabled Thief. They'd all take a bit more fiddling with to look like bare legs, but It wouldn't be impossible. >_<;;

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Seiji-ojisan
I'd like to see bare legs similar to the Cocklebur King and Nyx Reborn, maybe World of Devil. They're on the pants layer, but they're all low set enough to be easily tweaked into tights. I'd also like legs similar to Maker of Pies or Fabled Thief. They'd all take a bit more fiddling with to look like bare legs, but It wouldn't be impossible. >_<;;

All great suggestions, I've added them to the first post 3nodding

User Image

Loyal Dog

38,675 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Nanzzy-chan

All great suggestions, I've added them to the first post 3nodding

User Image

Thank you! =D
Oop, found another somewhat masculine leg mod on the boot layer in Cranky Cat. 3nodding

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
Seiji-ojisan
Thank you! =D
Oop, found another somewhat masculine leg mod on the boot layer in Cranky Cat. 3nodding

Oooh, that's right, that one's good too 3nodding

User Image

High-functioning Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
After seeing the edits of bare leg mods why isnt that user a gaia artist to make this a thing?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff