Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think about item poses being taken out and resold separately in the CS?

I love it! 0.51428571428571 51.4% [ 72 ]
I hate it! 0.48571428571429 48.6% [ 68 ]
Total Votes:[ 140 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Yen Quest
I think the novelty of Agape died down after M Sketchbook and its recolors came to being, since M Sketchbook's recolors still retain their own scissor cutting pose.

If they did the exact same cut I'd agree, but the Sketchbook cuts the hair differently in most hairs. It leaves most hairs much longer than if we use Agape. In some cases it even removes hair from the back but leaves the bangs in the front. Agape cuts a lot more hair.
True Manticore
Seductive Pudding
The way I see it, they gave users what they've wanted.
Sources: [1] [2] [3] [4]
Users wanted an Agape Scissors item, since Agape is so inflated mainly due to the demand of their hair-cutting pose. Nothing is changing except users can now buy a bundle which contains the scissors. What exactly is the "jerk move"? Users made the same sort of commotion when recolors of old MCs were released, but that didn't influence the price of the originals (maybe it made them more coveted?). There wasn't commotion made when 5 other hair cutting items were made, yet somehow it is "wrong" if Gaia makes an item that only contains the 1 most popular and demanded pose of a hoarded and inflated item.

It's rather the other way around. Gaia is always looking for ways to generate revenue out of old content, and users merely showed them something worth re-releasing because it has the potential to sell. You see, it wasn't done for the users because Gaia is so nice and likes them so very much and wants to please them. If that were the case, then other much more requested things would have been done a long time ago.

So, a company is in the wrong for profiting off of this? Put aside the last several months, if you can. Let's just focus on this individual event of Gaia creating the Agape Scissors item and including it in a bundle. What is the big deal with selling it? Is it because it deflates the value of the original item? Is it because users see it as a "slap in the face" to anyone who just recently purchased the original item either through a cash shop sale or the marketplace (this is the "risk" users face with any item on Gaia, so I'm not seeing it as an issue)? Gaia is allowed to do just about anything they want with items, so if they feel they'd get a good profit from rereleasing certain items or poses in a variety of different ways, they can.

I know that there are people who're saying Gaia is bad because they keep selling multitudes of things, but in the end, Gaia is a company. Like it or not, Gaia isn't the tiny hangout website from back in 03-05. It is a company, so trying to profit on items isn't what users are making it out to be. Companies run on money. Money gets things done. The Agape Scissors just so happen to be something users wanted, so I'd figure it would be a hit with users and make Gaia money in the process. What is the evil in repackaging items to sell for profit? It isn't like they're selling other site's items for Gaia Cash. These are Gaia items, so they ultimately can decide to fluctuate the price as they want.

Sweet Saint

*shrugs* I really use Agape for the skirt so I don't mind that Agape Cut was released.

Though in response to the question - I think the true value of the item depends on you. If you're more interested in making a profit off of Gaia's items, then it should also be on you to manage your investments wisely. I also think that if this does mean that Gaia will later release separate poses for certain items, users have no choice but to follow along, whether it's considered a jerk move or not... owo'

User Image I feel like I should be mad, but honestly it was bound to happen. And I like how they throw this out on us AFTER the sale. Gaia will pull just about anything out of their asses to keep wringing us out of our cash. On top of their constant releases, loyal's kickstart hasn't even ended yet...

Eloquent Cutie-Pie

17,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Seductive Pudding
True Manticore
Seductive Pudding
Users wanted an Agape Scissors item, since Agape is so inflated mainly due to the demand of their hair-cutting pose. Nothing is changing except users can now buy a bundle which contains the scissors. What exactly is the "jerk move"? Users made the same sort of commotion when recolors of old MCs were released, but that didn't influence the price of the originals (maybe it made them more coveted?). There wasn't commotion made when 5 other hair cutting items were made, yet somehow it is "wrong" if Gaia makes an item that only contains the 1 most popular and demanded pose of a hoarded and inflated item.

It's rather the other way around. Gaia is always looking for ways to generate revenue out of old content, and users merely showed them something worth re-releasing because it has the potential to sell. You see, it wasn't done for the users because Gaia is so nice and likes them so very much and wants to please them. If that were the case, then other much more requested things would have been done a long time ago.

So, a company is in the wrong for profiting off of this? Put aside the last several months, if you can. Let's just focus on this individual event of Gaia creating the Agape Scissors item and including it in a bundle. What is the big deal with selling it? Is it because it deflates the value of the original item? Is it because users see it as a "slap in the face" to anyone who just recently purchased the original item either through a cash shop sale or the marketplace (this is the "risk" users face with any item on Gaia, so I'm not seeing it as an issue)? Gaia is allowed to do just about anything they want with items, so if they feel they'd get a good profit from rereleasing certain items or poses in a variety of different ways, they can.

I know that there are people who're saying Gaia is bad because they keep selling multitudes of things, but in the end, Gaia is a company. Like it or not, Gaia isn't the tiny hangout website from back in 03-05. It is a company, so trying to profit on items isn't what users are making it out to be. Companies run on money. Money gets things done. The Agape Scissors just so happen to be something users wanted, so I'd figure it would be a hit with users and make Gaia money in the process. What is the evil in repackaging items to sell for profit? It isn't like they're selling other site's items for Gaia Cash. These are Gaia items, so they ultimately can decide to fluctuate the price as they want.

stuff like this is better than pure gold gens anyday!

speaking of pure gold gens... *facepalms at the new perma-discount* they can't seem to figure out that people want choice gens again, not stupid pure gold. XP
domokun stargate

Tiny Shapeshifter

True Manticore
If they did the exact same cut I'd agree, but the Sketchbook cuts the hair differently in most hairs. It leaves most hairs much longer than if we use Agape. In some cases it even removes hair from the back but leaves the bangs in the front. Agape cuts a lot more hair.
It doesn't matter if two EIs do the same cut or not. The fact of the matter is that the recolors of the Sketchbook (V, Z, D whatever Sketchbooks) still have the hair clipping pose like its original (M Sketchbook) does. That fact alone removes the special/novelty/etc placed on unique modifier poses in EIs. This separate Agape Scissor thing is simply a step beyond that boundary.
Doom Lemons
Seductive Pudding

This.

GODDAMN YOU. NOW I WANNA GO GET PUDDING. *saunters off*

Lol. I thought I was the only one staring at the Pudding.

But yeah. Many wanted the Scissor Item on it's own.
I'm just surprised that Gaia listened to the User.
Oh wait. Because they earn Money. I forgot for a second.

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Yen Quest
True Manticore
It doesn't matter if two EIs do the same cut or not. The fact of the matter is that the recolors of the Sketchbook (V, Z, D whatever Sketchbooks) still have the hair clipping pose like its original (M Sketchbook) does. That fact alone removes the special/novelty/etc placed on unique modifier poses in EIs. This separate Agape Scissor thing is simply a step beyond that boundary.

I still think that because they do different things the releasing of Sketchbook did not affect my appreciation for Agape as it did to yours. The separate scissors however, does.

Lonely Spirit

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
I'm also an agape 2nd gen. owner and I don't mind that they finally released just the scissor pose. Maybe this will help drive the prices of agape down in the mp.

While it's true that it's going to deflate Agape, but at what cost? Agape right now is little more than a crappy upgrade from the Agape Cut.

I don't mind mass re-releasing Agape, but to take away the only thing that makes it popular and sell it as a separate item is just disrespecting to the Agape owners.

So Long Gay Bowser's Significant Otter

Loves You

36,000 Points
  • In a Lilac Forest 500
  • Blink If You Love Me 500
  • Hart of the Forest 500
More annoyed they keep rebundeling the scissors, I dont like items I JUST bought reappearing in new bundles.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Zettaman
.~.Lady_Aji.~.
I'm also an agape 2nd gen. owner and I don't mind that they finally released just the scissor pose. Maybe this will help drive the prices of agape down in the mp.

While it's true that it's going to deflate Agape, but at what cost? Agape right now is little more than a crappy upgrade from the Agape Cut.

I don't mind mass re-releasing Agape, but to take away the only thing that makes it popular and sell it as a separate item is just a kick to the face to the Agape owners.
Like others have said, some people only wanted the agape for the scissors pose. Why waste gold/cash on an item with multiple pose when you're only interested in the one? That's the risk you take when purchasing cash items. The value will either go up or down.

Tiny Shapeshifter

True Manticore

I still think that because they do different things the releasing of Sketchbook did not affect my appreciation for Agape as it did to yours. The separate scissors however, does.
I don't care if you like the Agape more than the Sketchbook or not. I own both EIs before their finale, and I could give a crap if Gaia suddenly releases M Sketchbhook's hair clipping pose on its own. These things has happened before, albeit in similar situations rather than exact, the EIs themselves have more bang/poses for ones buck.

Sage Prophet

13,100 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Invisibility 100
Yen Quest
True Manticore

I don't care if you like the Agape more than the Sketchbook or not. I own both EIs before their finale, and I could give a crap if Gaia suddenly releases M Sketchbhook's hair clipping pose on its own. These things has happened before, albeit in similar situations rather than exact, the EIs themselves have more bang/poses for ones buck.

It just so happens the little difference between those situations is actually the crucial detail that makes all the difference. This is not an extra color of an existent pose, this is the exact same pose removed from the original item and re-released on its own. This tiny yet crucial difference makes this situation completely unprecedented.

Tiny Shapeshifter

True Manticore
It just so happens the little difference between those situations is actually the crucial detail that makes all the difference. This is not an extra color of an existent pose, this is the exact same pose re-released on its own. This tiny yet crucial difference makes this situation completely unprecedented.
I'm so used to seeing those mini-CI hair wigs in various colors, which are just taken from SDplus dolls (or recolors being too similar to one another), I am pretty desensitized from this. *edits* Meh on the uniqueness, and hooray for more opportunity.

Lonely Spirit

.~.Lady_Aji.~.
Zettaman
.~.Lady_Aji.~.

I don't mind mass re-releasing Agape, but to take away the only thing that makes it popular and sell it as a separate item is just a kick to the face to the Agape owners.
Like others have said, some people only wanted the agape for the scissors pose. Why waste gold/cash on an item with multiple pose when you're only interested in the one? That's the risk you take when purchasing cash items. The value will either go up or down.

There's no way the remaining poses of Agape can make it worth 10b+, it's all in the scissors. As I've said, I have no problem with Agape being re-released. My main concern is that they might start to take the popular poses of items and repackages it as separate ones.

Imagine, a few months from now these corporate bastards are going to sell Nekola's Jacket as a stand alone item. rofl

Now I understand how Alchemy users felt when they r8ped the wings.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff