Welcome to Gaia! ::

Distinct Explorer

How long are you going to dance around the fact that we have these shops, Gaia? Anyone who plays zOMG! would know that we have a music shop called "The Music Box" that's run by Maestro
User Image
, but sadly, it's not a shop that's available with the shops that we have, currently, on the main site. I can't tell you how long people have been pleading for more instruments, and this music store would be a phenomenal gold sink, I think, if only you'd get around to making it.

Another shop we don't have yet is the Crow's Nest, which appears as a boat-shaped building on the map of Gambino Island.
User Image

Currently, we have no idea what this shop would feature, but I think it'd be great as a pet shop, since the name gives off that feel. Perhaps Mi Yi and Mi Xi, characters who ran the Twilight Wing shop on your sister site, GOnline could manage this shop. One of their shop phrases, when translated, was something like: "Oh, this poor kitten looks hungry. We should take it in."
User Image

Lastly, why no weapon (and armor) shop?! Yes, we have a building for it, which is shown also on Gambino Isle,
User Image
. Not to mention there's a lot of people who'd be suitable for running the shop, say- oh, I dunno, swordsmiths?! Take your pick, Gaia.
We have Jakoblade, the legendary swordsmith, Chet Bleekstone, a legendary Dark Elf blacksmith, and an Angelsmith. Hell, you don't even have to pick- just have the store run by the three of them, with different weapons suiting their style and backgrounds to each one. Normal, Elven and angelic weapons/ armor would be fantastic- and would also nix the tiring trend you've gotten into with making the majority of shopkeepers human! more diversity wouldn't kill ya.

According to Lanzer,we should have a weapons shop already.... there may be hope for it, yet!
Lanzer
Oochiyama
Hi Lanzer~! :3

I was wondering a few things...

- 2 - wihen are we gonna get a WEAPONS SHOP?! sad

Sorry we should have had one but still haven't got around to it. Hopefully in the near future.

You made a baby step into setting up the this supposed weapon's shop up in Towns 2, and naming it "Screaming Daggers", recently, but three steps back by making it seemingly a store that old...bacon, of all things?
User Image
User Image

Troll! However, it seems odd to me that a building that big would exist to sell only bacon, and that the bacon actually being sold isn't in the main space of the building, but in a little shack on the upper floor of this "weapon's shop" that everyone's been expecting it to be. So, I'm still going to hold out hope that this building gets made into what its name "Screaming daggers" obviously makes it out to be. Our long-awaited weapons shop.

Now, there more are many unused and abandoned shops that could do with some updates. We have a Library in Barton town, supposedly run by Doris Baudelaire, whose only mention is in Chapter 0 of the Gaia manga, "An Interview with Johnny Gambino". This building really doesn't serve any purpose whatsoever.
User Image

i think this would be better off remodeling the building, giving it a name change, and turning it into the library hardly anyone on Gaia knows about, into the Achievement shop that's been requested since you rolled out the Achievement feature. Some of us don't care about the achievements and their points being used as "bragging rights", but would prefer to spend out hard-earned points 9while keeping the earned achievements and titles from them), on "Achievement Items", items that can only be obtained not with gold or cash, but with achievement points. As for an NPC to manage this new shop, why not just keep Doris Baudelaire and give her an official design? The library will be getting made over into an achievement shop, and Doris could still be the one to work there.

There's also the problem of the Love Building being unused, in Barton.
User Image

Long, long ago, it was used for the "Personal's" feature, where people could go to "hook up"and find potential mates; like E Harmony, I guess, and due to the abuse of the feature, it was shut down.

When Zomg came out, it made its grand reappearance, showing that an NPC named Candice now stands in front of it, and after some quest dialogue with her and Rina, she explains that she could open up the shop and turn it into a candy/ sweets store. Now, since you gave Rina that market by turning her flower into a flower stand/ cafe that sells sweets, you effectively killed the potential for the "Love" building being turned into an actual shop, and prevented it from being used, until a new potential for it came along.

i can see this shop being renamed "Part to Heart" or something, and being used as a store that sells knockoffs of cash shop items for gold; from the cash shop's beginnings, and gradually, "newer" items that came along in the cash shop over the years; from simple accessories to body mods. Cause let's face it. Who doesn't love knockoffs of rare, expensive items, for less?

Now, onto Halloweentown. You've ignored this area of the map since it's beginnings. In 2005 it was used as a 2k5 wallpaper, before the town became an official part of the ye old Gaia mapp a year layer, in 2006. now, well into the year of 2012, it still sits; no updates, no shops, no features tied into this specific area.

Given its current situation, and in spite of its seasonal theme, it holds more potential than the other towns which already have gotten their fair share of expansion and links/ shops/ ect. tied to them. Halloweentown is bare and I have a few ideas for shops that I think could be interesting, for it to develop its own identity and compete with the other towns.

First- and I really think this could be a massive hit- have a witch or someone open up a temp. shop (depending on how well item. sales are) and sell their goods to the public (us). Since Halloween is all about tricks and treats, and you've had Halloween grab bags giving out items for the earlier years of Halloween events, what better than to make this a shop that sells gold shop grab bags/ RIGS, with that same "trick" or "treat" / win or fail aspect that the cash shop rigs have? We've had gold shop rigs in Gaia's early days- like the Refurbished Sheet, so having a store dedicated to them wouldn't be that outrageous, and would be a much needed goldsink. Regardless of the town's holiday theme, this shop should be a permanent fixture, not like how Dernier*Cri was; a shop that came and went whenever.
Note: KEEP THE GS RIG ITEMS ROTATED REGULARLY - EVERY FEW WEEKS, AT LEAST, SO PEOPLE DON'T LOSE INTEREST IN THE SAME, TIRED OLD ITEMS (LOOK WHAT BECAME OF THE MAGICAL FLYING GIFTBOX ITEMS!) AND SO THE ITEMS DON'T WIND UP WORTHLESS AND HOVERING AT 1GG IN THE MP. KEEP THINGS FRESH, SO THE SHOP WON'T LOSE IT'S WORTH!

Later on, you could have another (permenent) shop open up in Halloweentown; one with an old NPC who's been in quite a number of items already. Noir.
This character (clearly a fashion designer) shows up, mentioned in the item descriptions of the Brownie / Hot / Cool Basic Shirt, Skull Biker Oxblood/ Black/ Steel leather Strides, as well as the Skull Biker Boots and gloves, High Tek Sandals, Romani Slacks, Class Shirts, Aquasox, Sport Diver Goggles, Sport Swimtrunks, Water Bands, and Fur Hat. And perhaps the same (or different?) Noir shows up, being mentioned in Cat Noir . If its the same Noir being talked about, having her be a character with black cat-like features (ears and tail, which I'm honestly shocked you haven't done already, given your obsession with cats XD ) The shop can even be more suited for Halloweentown by having Noir's shop assistant turn out to be Kemuri the Kitten's transformed human form, since she's a bakeneko.
Given the meaning of Noir's name, and Kemuri's species, a place like Halloweentown would be a perfect setting for them to set up shop. The shop theme could be a style fusion of Durem Depot and H&R Wesley; since neither shop sells a mix of dark side & elegant, Victorian-like styled clothing, this would be a good opportunity to get in on that market. You could even name it "Elegance of Erebos". seems fitting enough.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Man. Features I've been wanting for years. I've been waiting for a music shop for ages. More instruments would be great.

And you make a good point with the weaponsmiths. It would be interesting to see what those characters could have looked like.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
The pirate stuff could easily fall under Barton Boutique or even Global Imports, imo.

But musical instruments and weapons don't really seem to have a clear category, so I'd be cool with separate shops for those.

Distinct Explorer

Awesome McGee
The pirate stuff could easily fall under Barton Boutique or even Global Imports, imo.

But musical instruments and weapons don't really seem to have a clear category, so I'd be cool with separate shops for those.
well, technically, I guess they can, so then what would the Crow's Nest be if the pirate clothes went in other shops? A pet shop run by sea-faring scaliwags? at least we'd see more birds and other animals that Gaia deliberately won't put in rigs- and maybe cheaper anmals, at that

Distinct Explorer

Razumi Yazura
Man. Features I've been wanting for years. I've been waiting for a music shop for ages. More instruments would be great.

And you make a good point with the weaponsmiths. It would be interesting to see what those characters could have looked like.
many have. I'm still waiting for my kazoo and Harmonica- I know "eat pie die hard" or whatever its called has a massive harmonica, but a small one would be nice for Maestro's shop. And guitars. I love guitars. and we have so few drum sets- no tribal drums at all....and ocarinas...and harps, saxophones, triangles....

i want the weaponsmiths bad. To know there's 3 of them and still no weapon/ armor shop to put them to use really bites

Distinct Explorer

RichChikka's Senpai

Magical Elder

11,225 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Overstocked 200
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. I love your idea. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. For years I've been waiting for an update of music instrument in the gold shop. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Please make a petition, I will support it!!!! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
Yes to the Music Shop!

Distinct Explorer

Eloquent Heckler

User Image

I would love for Gaia to make use of the things we've had around here forever 3nodding heart

Distinct Explorer

OMFG Katie
User Image

I would love for Gaia to make use of the things we've had around here forever 3nodding heart
then it would stop nagging at me, and I could stop nagging at Gaia

about this, anyway... XD

oh, and to make the people who wanted these shops all along happy, of course. wink

Pierced Unicorn

31,665 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
Ugh, a weapons & armor shop. heart

Been wanting that forever.
This thread has my full support.

Distinct Explorer

Distinct Explorer

and now we have a ray of hope from Lanzer regarding the weapon's shop!

Mega Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
Yesssssss
MOAR shops please emotion_kirakira

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash