Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
I agree sooooo much with this~

I'm so tired of all the leg mod/amazing pants combinations. Sometimes I want my avatar to just have NORMAL legs!

Thank you for bringing this issue to light!
Catalyste
The Grateful Undead
Catalyste
Neither Ezio nor Volpe are happy with this forgotten garment to this tribute item!

What the ******** they have an assassin's creed item and it doesn't have ******** pants? Gah! I have never wanted to hit my head against a wall so hard. Every every cool item from this rig that I wanted and hoped for pants from had just ******** shirt, necktie s**t, belts and accessories. Its like they want us to go around showing our a** cause we refuse to wear skirts.

No hood either! But that's another fight.

They have other hooded items that are terrible so the hood I can live with but finding good pants for an item can be near impossible

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
The Grateful Undead
Catalyste
The Grateful Undead
Catalyste
Neither Ezio nor Volpe are happy with this forgotten garment to this tribute item!

What the ******** they have an assassin's creed item and it doesn't have ******** pants? Gah! I have never wanted to hit my head against a wall so hard. Every every cool item from this rig that I wanted and hoped for pants from had just ******** shirt, necktie s**t, belts and accessories. Its like they want us to go around showing our a** cause we refuse to wear skirts.

No hood either! But that's another fight.

They have other hooded items that are terrible so the hood I can live with but finding good pants for an item can be near impossible

Yeah I know! I tried looking for hoods for that item...ah, it's such a nightmare. They look awful!

*sigh* This is going to take some work.

First, THE PANTS!
Omg I could go to the top of whatever mountain is in the Gaiaverse and use a RICOLA loud voice to scream my need for pants, and I doubt Gaia would hear me.

Grumpy Codger

26,875 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Worthy Challenger 25
This item is just awesome. http://www.gaiaonline.com/marketplace/itemdetail/73505/ I would very much like to see a lot more of this sort of thing, where pants- really nicely drawn pants- are included. If there were more items like this one that I could use on my avatar, I might re-subscribe for Gaia cash. As it is, there is no reason for me to do so as there are very few items that include bottoms for male avatars that are not leg mods. (I like some of the leg mods... but the colors frequently do not match anything else I want to equip.)

Oh well, at least this saves me real money. As a customer who's spent a fair amount of cash on the site- I am requesting that the Gaia artists think about making even this small segment of their user base a bit happier.

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
I've got to agree with you here. I like to layer pants under stuff and a lot of times, I realize, in my 1k items, there are...no pants. How? How?!

I do like the Quetzal pants, though. *positive reinforcement beam*
User Image

Tipsy Warrior

14,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
in total argreement with ya there dude i mean seriously its really damn pathetic this has been going on for how long? how many threads have there been?

some request threads have instantly been fufilled but not the biggest issue x.x;

quite frankly im getting sick of it. even just the body mods is to the point where im just wearing a bottom where i dont need pants.

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
User Image
You think you have won, and that the darkness will consume me, but you've yet to realize....

>"Three threads on the front page of SF talking about needing pants"
I definitely consider this a problem that the gaia staff have no excuse for not recognizing it exists.

that I AM THE DARKNESS!!!!!I can never be destroyed, as I am part of existence itself!
User Image

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
If they're not sure what pants are supposed to look like they can start by researching the different types of cuts.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
The Yami Bakura
User Image
You think you have won, and that the darkness will consume me, but you've yet to realize....

>"Three threads on the front page of SF talking about needing pants"
I definitely consider this a problem that the gaia staff have no excuse for not recognizing it exists.

that I AM THE DARKNESS!!!!!I can never be destroyed, as I am part of existence itself!
User Image

Unless they're too busy scouring GCD threads where girly types are kissing up to their cool items by remarking how much they love said girly item and thus reinforcing this mentality that dresses are standard issue because there are more girls on this site or because the artists are female.

That's not feedback. That's being a mindless sycophant. No wonder hardly any progress has been made.

INB4GURLY RAGE FEST: Read the other reply.

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
Catalyste
Unless they're too busy scouring GCD threads where girly types are kissing up to their cool items by remarking how much they love said girly item and thus reinforcing this mentality that dresses are standard issue because there are more girls on this site or because the artists are female.

That's not feedback. That's being a mindless sycophant. No wonder hardly any progress has been made.
User Image

Well, I consider females to be the majority on this site, but that doesn't mean that I am going to be ok whenever they release a "female majority poses" item. In fact, as long as a item has one pose in it that I enjoy, I usually get it regardless.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
The Yami Bakura
Catalyste

User Image

Well, I consider females to be the majority on this site, but that doesn't mean that I am going to be ok whenever they release a "female majority poses" item. In fact, as long as a item has one pose in it that I enjoy, I usually get it regardless.

Yeah. My problem is that the artists aren't challenging themselves enough to stretch their talents in other areas like they should. I think that regardless of the feedback and regardless of the majority in that gender, that artists should stop relying on their comfort zones and proving grounds so much.

I guess I was a bit too strong with my wording last time, but my real beef is with the artists, not the people who like the items. You can't help but to like an item that caters to your taste. Majority gender or not, they're not challenging themselves like they should. Some do, others don't.
VIVA LE FACKIN PANTS DX
Just came on to see this new RIG and its just....yargh.
I mean Rouge is hot, and the military item is quite nice and the jeans from one is REALLY nice, but, SRSLY?

9,400 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Consumer 100
Catalyste
Yeah. My problem is that the artists aren't challenging themselves enough to stretch their talents in other areas like they should. I think that regardless of the feedback and regardless of the majority in that gender, that artists should stop relying on their comfort zones and proving grounds so much.

I guess I was a bit too strong with my wording last time, but my real beef is with the artists, not the people who like the items. You can't help but to like an item that caters to your taste. Majority gender or not, they're not challenging themselves like they should. Some do, others don't.
User Image

Yeah, and then there are also the artists that simply enjoy making female cutesy stuff. Either way, they do seem sometimes like they aren't challenging themselves enough. And there is the problem of them being low on artist staff. I feel like the whole situation will be fixed once they get back to the number of artists that they had a while back, when we had about 4 normal EI's going at the same time. That was last year however...

Sparkly Codger

10,725 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Full closet 200
Though I only wear skirts and dresses IRL and only put pants on my one male avi, I agree 110% with the OP--this lack of pants is really not only seriously effed-up, it's looking very bizarre! dramallama

Can you so-called "artists" really not draw pants or something? I'm no artist, but I can draw a pair of pants, for s**t's sake! rolleyes

Stop dodging the pants; it's not only weird and annoying, but it seriously limits the creativity factor here. Make the damn pants, guys--it can't be that hard, can it? confused

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff