Welcome to Gaia! ::

Generous Vampire

11,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • First step to fame 200
RAISE GOLD EVEN MORE. PEOPLE ARE ABANDONING THEIR ACCOUNTS BECAUSE IT'S SO EXPENSIVE TO EVEN BUY FISH WITH THIS ******** INFLATION. IT'S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO PLAY HERE FOR FREE AND THEIR SHOULDN'T PAYOUT LIMITS. I DO BUY CASH SOMETIMES BUT I THINK THIS SITE IS MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO EARN ANYTHING FREE.

Invisible Citizen

7,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Critic 0
It is impossible to earn anything for free. Unless you want to spend all your free time here every day playing the marketplace game. But posting doesn't matter, games don't matter, nothing really matters. I gave up on buying items the day I couldn't look at a number and immediately come up with a value in my head.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
Raise gold more? You mean from fish, right? Because they already raised the tank limit to 5 million a day.

I keep telling people to be specific about this.

What I want is for them to bring back the fish they took away.
Ebony Phantom
...THIS SITE IS MAKING IT IMPOSSIBLE TO EARN ANYTHING FREE.
That's been their agenda since last year. Push the cash items, and if they aren't selling enough, cram them down our throats with 20 announcements per day. And if they still aren't selling well, remove or degrade every other avenue for earning items that doesn't involve real money. I know some people have caved in and are buying items with cash. I refuse to do so because I will not be a victim of their coercive and greedy practices and will never forget how they deliberately and knowing destroying the economy with gold generators.

I think they are now making a half-hearted attempt to be somewhat more responsive to their users, probably because of losing so much site traffic since the new CEO took over. We'll see how that goes....
Little side comment on the earning thing, if you really want to you can try making banners or bump threads for gold, that kind of stuff.

and if you can draw, I highly recommend you draw things for gaians for gold.

But yeah, aquariums are pretty useless nowadays

Melodious Sweetheart

25,625 Points
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Object of Affection 150
After collecting trash/bugs for minimal gold, fishing, booty grab, playing random games, and trying to discover how else to earn gold again things have come up pretty dry. I have seen some threads where you can bump for gold like Licornia said, but I personally don't think that the MAIN gold crutch should be supplied by other users. There should be a way to steadily earn gold that is site based and consistent. Booty grab (even though it's great being raised to 5mil a day) can be extremely tedious and would require that someone is online constantly to earn the max amount. That is NOT enjoyable to me (again, personal opinion) and does not make me want to keep playing on Gaia.

The games that we do have should not be awarding 500 or 50 gold at this point. Daily chance is awarding much greater amounts than before and the games should be consistent with that. There is not a benefit to playing games unless I am bored, really. Currently I play games when I am ridiculously bored or on the phone and that is about it. However, it may be very difficult to change amounts awarded in game without completely deconstructing the game, I really don't know much about that.

In my opinion, if Gaia had some method for users to earn gold at a reasonable rate, I feel that the site could flourish and attract a larger and new database of users. At this point, if there is not an event happening I personally feel that things are stagnant. I have actively been trying to find a new niche on Gaia, mostly because I have been a user since 2005, but this is nearly an impossible task for me at this point.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who feels this way, but thank you for considering what I have said either way. There are a lot of wonderful things about Gaia, but I feel that this could be greatly improved on.

Durem Wildcat

38,875 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Candy Massacre 50
What she means is rather then raise the cap you can earn raise the amount per grabbed. They sort of did muddle things up pretty badly.
can't do anything just become a cash cow... T__T

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces