Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Hi everyone! I'm not sure whether this is a repeat thread or not, but lately I've been noticing a decrease in color saturation on particular parts of the avatar, namely near the face. Below is an example of what i mean!

Closet View
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Saved View
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The eyes and lips are much less vibrant, the green being a more gray-green and the lips being close to the skin color. Also, the Masquerade blush shows up less. I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed this, as it seemed to have occurred sometime around the introduction of the Green Goo fix? :'3

Thanks for reading! yum_puddi

Demonic Lover

I'm suffering from this too ): I hope it goes away soon, at the start I thought it was a neat little glitch, but it makes most of my favorite items look washed out or cheap x ox;;;

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Viviette Valentine
I'm suffering from this too ): I hope it goes away soon, at the start I thought it was a neat little glitch, but it makes most of my favorite items look washed out or cheap x ox;;;

Oh my! @.@ Can it really be Viviette Valentine posting in a thread i made?? //is starstruck *^*

Yea, i feel that way too! ;v ; I hope it won't be permanent after this goo glitch fix!

Jerk Fish's Widow

Witty Sleuth

User Image

It's happening to mine too. :c

Big Noob

This was the unfortunate side-effect. I think the artists need to add something back.

Sexy Assailant

Are you sure it isn't due to file compression? Your avatar does have a lot of colors.

Big Noob

Lidke
Are you sure it isn't due to file compression? Your avatar does have a lot of colors.
I think there were a few threads that compared different looks with sparsely decorate avatars to rule out PNG issues.

Dragonslayer

19,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
Sevalle
Lidke
I think there were a few threads that compared different looks with sparsely decorate avatars to rule out PNG issues.

Ohh, I didn't realize there were more threads! @x@ I do hope they figure out the issue soon~ :'3

Sparkling Transmutator

O A O That is simply awful! I will definitely be looking at my inventory to see if it affecting me or my items.
Hopefully if it an issue for Gaia and not a image compression or personal computer issue, it will be fixed soon.

Scarecrow 712's Love Of My Life

Shy Lunatic

This is happening to me as well. :[

Her lip is usually a bright pink/salmon colour. Now it's like this dull grey-ish purple. I've also noticed a difference in her eyes and her skin has lost a lot of saturation too, making her look much paler than she is.

If anyone finds a work around or a fix, please quote me!

Shameless Streaker

It looks fine for me in the Dess up and Market place but awful in the forums and header.
I made a thread about it in Q&A and nothing fixed it. (Changing browsers, clearing cache etc.)

Here's an example of how my avi looks on my account.
User Image
I'd rather just deal with the green goo. sweatdrop

Shameless Streaker

Lidke
It's not, any bright color is getting washed out.

Shameless Streaker

Winter Hue
O A O That is simply awful! I will definitely be looking at my inventory to see if it affecting me or my items.
Hopefully if it an issue for Gaia and not a image compression or personal computer issue, it will be fixed soon.

Your eyes in the MP are bright and beautiful.
Here in the forums they look all gray and flushed. sad

Wealthy Lovergirl

Experiencing a similar issue. >: I wrote about it here. It's most noticeable with my avatar's eyes. I hope they find a solution to this soon.

Fluff Cat

15,825 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
I didn't notice this until reading about it here. I'm thinking it might have something to do with how the avis are being saved & how the colors are managed. I don't understand how this works, but I have one program that asks me all kinds of weird questions about how I want my images saved. Here are just some of the choices:

63 colors
127 colors
255 colors
Optimized Octree
Optimized Median cut
Error diffusion
Nearest color

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash