Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
I think a lot of people are concerned with the gold situation on Gaia. I'd like to see increased payouts on the games to keep up but I can also see how that could turn into a vicious cycle that doesn't really help the inflation situation. Because of the inflation there is one thing I've noticed and that is that tickets are costing way too much in the marketplace. Why not increase the payout for games like slots (which are giving ridiculously small payouts) and increase the chance of winning more tickets? I don't think I have ever seen anyone win the triple halos! If that was coupled with a Prize and Joy update there might be more people buying tokens and pouring them into the games for tickets. Personally I think there are a number of items in the Prize and Joy which are interesting, but not interesting enough to want to buy tickets at market prices so I can get them, nor spend hours playing. Players might spend their tickets more freely if they actually had enough of them to buy something worthwhile. I'd like to see that, since right now the Prize and Joy just feels like a waste. Some of the items there are almost as unattainable as collection items or gold shop items and that's just silly.

Bloodthirsty Unicorn

Increase payouts won't hurt the market, it will make it more healthy. The "current inflation" won't go back to the way it once was, the only option is to update everything so it fits the current market that Gaia themselves made, so it is in their duty to update everything along with it.

I personally don't really go for tickets/tokens but I have notice from playing the one game titles, that the payout seems incredibly small.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
guns and wings
Increase payouts won't hurt the market, it will make it more healthy. The "current inflation" won't go back to the way it once was, the only option is to update everything so it fits the current market that Gaia themselves made, so it is in their duty to update everything along with it.

I personally don't really go for tickets/tokens but I have notice from playing the one game titles, that the payout seems incredibly small.

Yeah, to be honest I could swear the payout used to be much higher for tokens. Like the ratio for tokens to tickets you could earn in slots used to be much higher. These days you'd be lucky to get one ticket per every token you put in but in the past I think you'd get an average of at least 3 tickets per token or something like that. Some of the stuff in Prize and Joy is up to 300k tickets. It takes an unbelievably long time to get that right now. You used to be able to get some tickets in the market so it was okay but now the prices are just crazy. Like 45k per ticket. Would anybody really pay that much?

Skilled Alchemist

45,825 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Probably one of the reasons for tickets being so expensive is that they are used in the formulas for caches and cases, and also some of the components for backwings are a prize and joy item.
Which is why people that don't use cash can make a fair amount of gold playing things like tiles/slots/blackjack and selling the tickets.

However, increasing the payout of tickets would probably drop the price some, since it would create more supply to meet the demand.

Fluff Saint

15,400 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Pet Lover 100
Rahvine_Dalmira
Probably one of the reasons for tickets being so expensive is that they are used in the formulas for caches and cases, and also some of the components for backwings are a prize and joy item.
Which is why people that don't use cash can make a fair amount of gold playing things like tiles/slots/blackjack and selling the tickets.

However, increasing the payout of tickets would probably drop the price some, since it would create more supply to meet the demand.

I had totally forgotten they were used in some of the formulas. I guess in that case a lot of people would probably be happy if they increased the payout. Alchemy is already way too expensive as it is.

Skilled Alchemist

45,825 Points
  • Fusion Expert 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Nemone
Rahvine_Dalmira

I had totally forgotten they were used in some of the formulas. I guess in that case a lot of people would probably be happy if they increased the payout. Alchemy is already way too expensive as it is.

Yes, probably they would be.
Provided that alchemy does stay around, the future of it is slightly uncertain since it was mentioned in the ask the staff not long ago that there had be some thought toward retiring alchemy. Though they said nothing is set in stone yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff