Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is soulbinding even a good idea in the first place?

Yes 0.13824884792627 13.8% [ 30 ]
No 0.33179723502304 33.2% [ 72 ]
Makes my inventory look ugly and messy! 0.10138248847926 10.1% [ 22 ]
Only good idea like for example zOMG rings. 0.37327188940092 37.3% [ 81 ]
Just voting the poll for chump change. 0.055299539170507 5.5% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 217 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 >

Demonic Lover

Yes please!, also bring the old B.O.O. skin back~ I'm an Oni Set owner and I would really love this C:

I really dislike the soulbinding of random stuff x~x;

User Image

Formal Elocutionist

Zero Tenshi
TINSTAAFL

I have a totally different feedback then what your asking. However since you posted in my feedback, I'll say it here:

- Why would there be something that need to stay relatively high? The marketplace is user run...
- If they put the Oni-set in the golden giftbox, then I would be afraid to open it. I don't want that item be soulbind in my inventory. Unless you can trash, sell it, give it away.
- I know you suggested to replace the old giftboxes with the Golden giftbox... are you saying to increase the chance of it? Wouldn't the value drop like the old giftboxes anyways?

The point of my feedback is to un-soulbind the SIN/BOO skin and the Oni-set, just like what they did with the bloodstone. These items don't seem special or unique at all. When their un-soulbind, people can do whatever with it... trash it, sell it, donate it, or move it in their storage box.

Bleeding Apocalypse
koopabrat

Yea, I forgot to mention that on my op, to be able to put it in storage box as well.

The Oni Set has been able to be sold back for quite some time now. At 13k. Where everyone's getting that it cannot be, is a lie.

Why would items need to be expensive? For the same reason other items need to be cheap. It's market stability. For more on this, I recommend reading this wonderfully made thread. smile
The marketplace should be user-run, but a sellback value of 13k should not create a huge difference in price of the golden giftbox. But soulbound items on the otherhand, would create a lot of interest from users old and new on an item they want keeping continuous interests in the golden giftbox. But yes, I am saying increase the chance of getting it.
The value shouldn't drop too much on the GGB by doing this, nor do I think it'll raise. Maybe it will at first (like it does with every new item release). But as they become more common, the set price should stay around what I believe is 60-80k.

I never liked what they did with the skins. It seemed both elitist, and selfish. I may never understand why my skin is now a consolation prize. I'm all for them releasing them unto the public. I don't think Gaia needs a specific special time to do it either. Just announce they dropped the soulbound of SIN & BOO skin. =/
My post was more just about the poll, and how soulbinding CAN be beneficial for items.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Fuzzy Faun

emo i just want the oni-set without having to jump through hoops to get it. I wouldn't mind questing to buy it off the MP

but just unsoul-bind those things already. Same with the skins.

Rainbow Fairy

47,850 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
100% agree with the oni set.... never figured that one out... why soul-bind a "fail" item? I believe the reasoning was that the staff want to make sure that items RIG items had value..... but then the "store price" got added for that purposes..... It should have been unsoul-bound when it was included in Alchemy.... or at the very least made as a level 1 formulae so that it was accessible to people.

I have mixed feelings on the Skins. On the one hand, I would love to be able to use the BOO skin with items released after the event. On the other hand, there is the whole event status of them (ie. they represent our participation in that event.... it that feeling that older users have when they see noobies with Angelic Halos.. there is also the personal achievement to the people that have gone this long without changing their look, just to keep the skin....
(I wouldn't object to the compromise of a sell back/trash option.... probably would object to a unbinding/re-release either... I'm just wary of the storm that might follow)

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Can we at least have people put it in the MP?
BECAUSE I WANT THE POTATO SKIN SO BADLY ON THIS ACCOUNT.

OG Cat

14,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
TINSTAAFL

Ok, now I understand what you meant by need to be expensive. Supply and Demand

I know the Oni-set has a sell back, but I'm just saying that it's just strange that it appears in the alchemy formula with no warnings that it be soulbind once it's crafted. Alchemy shops would not help craft the Oni-set because it be soulbind once it's crafted, unless they craft it themselves. Unless they remove it and put it in the golden giftbox. I know there are Oni-set owners and there are others have no interest with this item (like me). Some people would want to store them in the storage box, but the binding is the problem.

Beside of adding the Oni-set to the Golden giftbox. This just pop up in my head: Well the Golden giftbox contain the same items? What will happen to the the items that are from the old giftboxes?

Formal Elocutionist

Zero Tenshi
TINSTAAFL

Ok, now I understand what you meant by need to be expensive. Supply and Demand

I know the Oni-set has a sell back, but I'm just saying that it's just strange that it appears in the alchemy formula with no warnings that it be soulbind once it's crafted. Alchemy shops would not help craft the Oni-set because it be soulbind once it's crafted, unless they craft it themselves. Unless they remove it and put it in the golden giftbox. I know there are Oni-set owners and there are others have no interest with this item (like me). Some people would want to store them in the storage box, but the binding is the problem.

Beside of adding the Oni-set to the Golden giftbox. This just pop up in my head: Well the Golden giftbox contain the same items? What will happen to the the items that are from the old giftboxes?

Oh okay, cause you actually aren't the first one I've recently heard the information about it not being able to be soldback/trashed/etc.
They probably should've put something pertaining to that the item is soulbound, but honestly, with none on the market-- and users being able to see exactly the item they're crafting, you'd think that Gaians would actually craft something they want. Especially higher level users, of course, this is only an assumption made by an outsider. For soulbound items in alchemy, I do think there needs to be a tad bit of a warning. 3nodding

Old Giftboxes can still be crafted. I don't ever intend on requesting removing the Trunks. Which trunks are used to make boxes, etc etc.
Golden Giftboxes should still contain the old items, but in addition, rarer ones should be added. And even maybe 2 or 3 soulbound items that are really cool, including Oni.
They said they wouldn't unsoulbind them so I still hold them to that. If they do decided to go and start unsoulbinding things though, then I would also like to throw the 2009 Anniversary Sashes into the hat.

Familiar Hoarder

TINSTAAFL

I want the SIN and BOO skins. Im hoping, that once Overseer and Sen are put back in established God forms, we may see the skins get unsoulbound, and even possibly a BOO skin re-release. Here's to hoping.

I...I would be so behind this. Oh god. >.>

Dedicated Seeker

10,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Yes, can we PLEASE have that skin unsoulbound. I would love the chance to sell the thing and get it out of my inventory.

Magical Cat

12,850 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
I wanted an Oni set when it came out but had no gold to try and win one, and no money to buy the rigs... I don't have the time or patience to do alchemy which means I'm SOL. It seems so ridiculous that they would soul bind it in the first place.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
TINSTAAFL
Im hoping, that once Overseer and Sen are put back in established God forms, we may see the skins get unsoulbound, and even possibly a BOO skin re-release. Here's to hoping.

Oh god, if they get back to Godhood, I would LOVE for the Potatoseer skin to revert back to it's glorious BOO state....and become unsoulbound.

emotion_dowant emotion_brofist 3nodding heart 3nodding

Midori Arai's Girlfriend

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
Any time will do, my love...

I support this, because I want an easier way to get an Oni Set.

... Any time will do, no choice of words will break me from this rule.

Giygasm's King

Demonic Sweetheart

16,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
When the SIN/BOO skins came out, I wanted that potato skin but only those on the other team had them. Also I wanted to give my SIN skin to someone who wanted it.

OG Cat

14,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Legal bump

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers