Welcome to Gaia! ::

Is soulbinding even a good idea in the first place?

Yes 0.13824884792627 13.8% [ 30 ]
No 0.33179723502304 33.2% [ 72 ]
Makes my inventory look ugly and messy! 0.10138248847926 10.1% [ 22 ]
Only good idea like for example zOMG rings. 0.37327188940092 37.3% [ 81 ]
Just voting the poll for chump change. 0.055299539170507 5.5% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 217 ]
1 2 3 4 5 >

OG Cat

14,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Thank you Gaia, especially Siska-san for giving us an option to unsoulbind the bloodstone.

However, I still wish that Gaia also need to give us an option to un-soul-bound the other items.
Soulbound is and should only be good for like zOMG rings.
Soulbounding equip-able items just brings forth hate and riots.
It's like saying having a broken trophy that was super-glued in your display case. emotion_donotwant

- The Sentinel's Gift / Overseer's Gift skin (those that have it). I want to somehow get rid of mines. I don't care if you re-release the skins again for the Halloween event purpose, but please give us the option to trade, sell, delete, and move to storage box it.

- The Oni-set is another soul-bound item that a few have stuck in their inventory and there are others that really want it.

***Also, the Oni-set gets soul-bound when you successfully craft it from alchemy. This is one of the item I would not offer my service if someone wanted me to craft this for them. I won't even be able to give the successful craft Oni-set back to the person.

Gtsluvr
You can make me as a (maybe the first?) case of a crafting order that has an oni-set attached to me. I took the order some months back when the formula just surfaced and unsure if it would even still be soul-bound upon crafting. Turns out it still was after crafting. User Image

I was worried about taking this order but was given full clearance and given no fault for being unable to complete the order if the oni ended up stuck to me. So right now I have the oni stuck on me that truly doesn't even belong to me. I still waiting for the day it's un-soul-bound so I can return it to it's rightful owner. User Image

Maybe Gaians would not mind if there is an easier way to obtain the Oni-set (option to unsoulbound) and make a little change of different in alchemy.

TINSTAAFL
I have an idea if Oni-Sets are released in Golden Giftboxes (along with other new soulbound items), and then replaced with pink/blue/and brown giftboxes as a common item we can acquire on Gaia, the price will not go down to where alchemy becomes a worthless feature. And will help the golden giftboxes retain a decent value (as in not falling to where the pink, brown, and blue giftboxes are today), but still can be granted freely to the users wanting them in bulk.

I don't agree with elitism, and some of soulbinding seems to condone that type of stereotype, but I don't believe in a falling market either. There were alot of Oni Sets released amongst Gaians. Some users had 5 or more from one CI. There have been more recent CI's with Oni Sets in them than the fortune egg, you just gotta keep your eyes peeled for them. They're few and far between.

I want the SIN and BOO skins. Im hoping, that once Overseer and Sen are put back in established God forms, we may see the skins get unsoulbound, and even possibly a BOO skin re-release. Here's to hoping.

- The Anniversary Sashes seems pretty meaningless too, as it's still soul-bound that can't be moved from the inventory. It's deleteable, but its not sellable or tradeable. Gaia never thought about the new members that missed out that certain event in the past, so they don't get their year sashes. It seems meaningless now that their still soul-bound. Let the noobs pretend to be an old member and make them feel better about themselves. Our profile tells our actual member year anyways.

koopabrat
And what about the sashes? I missed the event where you got a sash with the year you joined on it, and I can't buy it because they're all soul-bound to their owners. :[ I understand why it was soul-bound, but I don't necessarily agree with it. I'm sure there are people out there that would love to get rid of their sashes, and others like myself who missed out on the event and want to purchase one. Just my two cents.

Unsoulbind these items so people can: trade, sell, delete, and move them in their storage box.

Gaia soul-bound meaningless items and just totally ignore about it, which leads SF threads like this to come up. So please, give us an option for these items to: tradeable, sellable, deleteable, and moveable to the storage box.

Also <3 and vote the poll would be appropriated for your support. smile

Uncle Kenny
The Oni-Set is now unsoulbound. You are free to trade/do whatever you want with it.

The Potatoverseer skin has been given a sellback value so you can get it out of your inventory if you wish. It, along with the Sin skin, will not be unsoulbound though.

The anniversary sashes will also not be unsoulbound as they are supposed to be exclusive to those who were members of the site at the time and which represent the year in which they joined.

Thanks to Uncle for responding to the rest of the soulbound issues.

Was hoping people can also store the skin and the sash in their storage box too.

-edited-

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
Potato skin must go.
I don't see why those were soulbound in the first place. They need to be unsoulbound for the people who want to get rid of them and the people who just want them.

Team Spook

18,675 Points
  • Cheerbringer 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Solarpowered 250
What I really want is the BOO skin back. I think if you could make it a craftable item, or a cash shop item, alright then if you want to stay with the integrity of "well they did what they promised, took away the skin from those who lost" (the halloween event in 2008 ) then change one little detail on it, like the wings or something. .. I dunno! I love that skin! I have 2 accounts that I'll never change cos of the skin.. I also like Sentinel's gift but wish I could transfer that skin over to this account. (Yeah, I played for both sides, something I do IRL all the time lol) and the oni set? WHY is that even soulbound? I don't get it......

No Sweetheart

31,400 Points
  • Fan Before It Was Cool 500
  • Waffles! 25
  • Partygoer 500
I can agree with this, especially for the BOO Skin and Sentinel’s gift . They really never should of been soulbound in the first place and it’d be nice if were unsoulbound so those who hate them can just trash them.

Assimilated Wolf

I don't care if we get the old BOO skin back. I just want to get this skin that literally looks like feces with a worm coming out. Things like this really shouldn't be soulbound in the first place.

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I one hundred percent agree. I want to get rid of Sentinel's Gift as I have no use for it. I want to get rid of the Potatoseer skin on my mule because it has less of a purpose there than SG on here. I still cannot wrap my brain around why an avatar item from an RIG was ever soulbound in the first place, first fail item or not. It makes it worse when there is an Alchemy formula for it and the person wanting to craft it has to be level six or higher no matter what because of the soulbound status of the item.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Obsessive Man-Lover

27,675 Points
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Abomination 100
  • 50 Wins 150
i've been wanting oni set since it was first released just because of the fact that i can't get it. sad i guess i can try making it in alchemy when i finally get away from level 3.

Smoker

i want an oni-set sooooo bad, but i can't have one...BECAUSE OF YOU, GAIA!
crying

inb4; win it
that's take YEARS with my luck confused

Buggy Punk

Unsoulbinding those skins would be great, please do it. gonk I have absolutely zero use of the Potatoverseer skin and it's been taking up space for years now.

Formal Elocutionist

I believe soulbinding is a good idea. Let me explain...

For example, if something needs to stay a relatively high price.
I have an idea if Oni-Sets are released in Golden Giftboxes (along with other new soulbound items), and then replaced with pink/blue/and brown giftboxes as a common item we can acquire on Gaia, the price will not go down to where alchemy becomes a worthless feature. And will help the golden giftboxes retain a decent value (as in not falling to where the pink, brown, and blue giftboxes are today), but still can be granted freely to the users wanting them in bulk.

I don't agree with elitism, and some of soulbinding seems to condone that type of stereotype, but I don't believe in a falling market either. There were alot of Oni Sets released amongst Gaians. Some users had 5 or more from one CI. There have been more recent CI's with Oni Sets in them than the fortune egg, you just gotta keep your eyes peeled for them. They're few and far between.

I want the SIN and BOO skins. Im hoping, that once Overseer and Sen are put back in established God forms, we may see the skins get unsoulbound, and even possibly a BOO skin re-release. Here's to hoping.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
As I tend to compulsively hoard items even if I won't ever use them, I'd never trash my Soulbound items if they became unsoulbound.

HOWEVER.

It would be wonderful if I could just put them away in my storage.
3nodding

Sparkly Genius

13,550 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Winged 100
I'm one of those "I'm not wearing it so I'm going to throw it into storage" sorts of people. I'm a neat freak. Call it OCD, whatever. But when I have an item that I cannot even put into storage, it's kinda frustrating. xd Make the potato skin go away plz.

OG Cat

14,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
TINSTAAFL

I have a totally different feedback then what your asking. However since you posted in my feedback, I'll say it here:

- Why would there be something that need to stay relatively high? The marketplace is user run...
- If they put the Oni-set in the golden giftbox, then I would be afraid to open it. I don't want that item be soulbind in my inventory. Unless you can trash, sell it, give it away.
- I know you suggested to replace the old giftboxes with the Golden giftbox... are you saying to increase the chance of it? Wouldn't the value drop like the old giftboxes anyways?
When there are very limited items, prices would go up. If not, they either stable or go down.

The point of my feedback is to un-soulbind the SIN/BOO skin and the Oni-set, just like what they did with the bloodstone. These items don't seem special or unique at all. When their un-soulbind, people can do whatever with it... trash it, sell it, donate it, or move it in their storage box.

Bleeding Apocalypse
koopabrat

Yea, I forgot to mention that on my op, to be able to put it in storage box as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff