Welcome to Gaia! ::

XFateX's Husband

Hatacular Ferret

48,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hatacular Ferret 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Thank you so very much for the MASSIVE facelift to Towns. The new environment is absolutely gorgeous, and the neighborhoods definitely feel more lke communities than randomly placed houses in blocks.

Housing:

The different house designs (instead of just shaped houses) are well thought out, reflect each town, and all and all look gorgeous. Hopefully more will be coming down the pipeline in the future!

Does this mean we'll see some more furniture updates as well (Barton/Aekea/Gambino/Durem furniture packs perhaps?! emotion_kirakira ) ?

Travel:

The small details, such as the bus, water taxi, etc., are adorable and make traveling between the towns much more believable instead of just an endless field of running past cloned houses! It's fantastic!

----------

Will we be phasing Jack and Santa over to Towns 2 somehow and begin using it as our new interactive map for events instead of Towns 1? emotion_kirakira

THANK YOU AGAIN G-STAFF! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for Towns 2.0!

Scurvy Pirate

iymcool

Will we be phasing Jack and Santa over to Towns 2 somehow and begin using it as our new interactive map for events instead of Towns 1? emotion_kirakira

THANK YOU AGAIN G-STAFF! I can't wait to see what else you have in store for Towns 2.0!

biggrin ninja

XFateX's Husband

Hatacular Ferret

48,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hatacular Ferret 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100

STOP TEASING ME WITH YOUR SMILES AND AMAZING UPDATES! gonk heart

*just went out and bought a ton of furniture and upgrades just to make his neighborhood houses pretty*

Apocalyptic Streaker

17,850 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Streaker 200
Masquerade! Paper faces on parade. Masquerade!

I have a Durem Loft! emotion_dowant I am happy, but to get amazingly happy, I need some more furniture and other new items to play with! I would also love to see the addition of more rooms; having an entire house in one room is sort of... odd.

Hide your face so the world will never find you.

Shirtless Hellraiser

16,625 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
So glad you like it! Thanks for the nice feedback - I'll make sure the team who worked on Towns 2 knows biggrin

Questing Alchemist

39,425 Points
  • Exciting Experiment 50
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Master Converter 500
Oh, I love my penthouse loft. emotion_kirakira I'm still trying to decide a look for my room befitting Durem. I'm probably going shopping in a bit, though I'm wondering if I should wait for a possible update?

And in terms of functionality, thank you especially for having everything that I pick up or catch go directly to my inventory. As an alchemist, I appreciate not having to worry if I'm going to lose those items.

The smartphone is awesome. It's like my own little teleportation device. I'm going to need to visit all those secret rooms and bookmark them (I'm wondering if it will be possible to escape from hell that way).

And I love the idea of the landlord function. Granted I won't be so cruel as to evict any friends/neighbors, but the option (i.e., the power) is cool to have.

I am curious about something... the mailboxes. Are those going to be functional?

As for transport, I love the pedicab animation and that of the water taxi. I'm definitely going to have to visit other towns to see how they get around.

Stubborn Gifter

I love the houses and the new areas we can live in. Can't wait to see what it will look like once the holiday rolls in.

However, what I miss is the Directory. It's difficult to find your friends' houses in the Housing when there's no options in it. >: Unless I need to set my house in first in order to see where my other friends live. >>; But I want to see where they are living first so I can live next door or nearby them. >:

XFateX's Husband

Hatacular Ferret

48,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hatacular Ferret 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Urd Tanzanite
Oh, I love my penthouse loft. emotion_kirakira I'm still trying to decide a look for my room befitting Durem. I'm probably going shopping in a bit, though I'm wondering if I should wait for a possible update?

And in terms of functionality, thank you especially for having everything that I pick up or catch go directly to my inventory. As an alchemist, I appreciate not having to worry if I'm going to lose those items.

The smartphone is awesome. It's like my own little teleportation device. I'm going to need to visit all those secret rooms and bookmark them (I'm wondering if it will be possible to escape from hell that way).

And I love the idea of the landlord function. Granted I won't be so cruel as to evict any friends/neighbors, but the option (i.e., the power) is cool to have.

I am curious about something... the mailboxes. Are those going to be functional?

As for transport, I love the pedicab animation and that of the water taxi. I'm definitely going to have to visit other towns to see how they get around.

Us Bartonites have buses! heart

Devoted Exhibitionist

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Streaker 200
  • 50 Wins 150
Uncle Kenny
iymcool

biggrin ninja

look how some people feel. at least find a way to keep both towns.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-questions-assistance/when-does-it-end-gaia/t.85774043_1/

XFateX's Husband

Hatacular Ferret

48,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hatacular Ferret 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100

Hey, take your bitterness elsewhere. This is a congratulatory thread for people who are enjoying the new feature.

I remember the first Towns being released. It was amazing and innovative, however, it was time for an upgrade to better match the site.

So take a chill pill, or go b***h somewhere else.

Anxious Friend

Helios Vangore
Uncle Kenny
iymcool

biggrin ninja

look how some people feel. at least find a way to keep both towns.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/site-questions-assistance/when-does-it-end-gaia/t.85774043_1/

Towns 1 is old and crusty. No one knows the code to fix it. Towns 2 has better coding and will be replacing Towns 1 no matter what people think.

Most people don't like change. Change is uncomfortable. But you'll get used to it. Most do. And if you don't, well, Gaia won't miss you not visiting Towns 2.

l VUN l's Partner

Mega Rabbit

It's absolutely beautiful and I love it. Being able to have friends all around me too is one of my favorite parts. Durem is my home and I love the elevator and having a balcony. It's everything I wanted for Towns 2 and brings back fond memories of Rejected Olympics last year.

My only problem right now is that when I try to use the decorator on the site it loads to 100% and freezes. Other than that, I haven't ran into any problems. Still working the kinks out, I'm sure.

In a relationship with PoshuI

I never cared about the towns or allegiances to any of them, but Durem is my favorite designed area in towns2. Also, I'm in love with the pedicar driver redface

XFateX's Husband

Hatacular Ferret

48,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Hatacular Ferret 500
  • Angelic Alliance 100

I love that Old Man Pete is in every vehicle. emotion_dowant

Attila The Chad's Widower

Bad Boy

Aww man, I wish I could visit the Flash spaces and port my things over before it stops being free crying

It does look good from the Q and A pages however. I love the house designs. I love how we can pick them too.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff