Welcome to Gaia! ::

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

codemonkey37179
Alucio
One thing I've always wanted to see in town was a more diverse scenery, like in the zOMG. I always wish there were like little rivers or maybe ponds in towns, or maybe like more trees and have a slightly forested area, or maybe like a rocky/hilly/mountainous area. I hate going into towns and have every non-housing area look exactly the same and identical. I also wish there were more of a diversity we could do there as well, like how we are able to hunt bugs, pick up trash and flowers, I would like to see more things like that. One thing I've always wanted in towns, but I doubt would ever happen, if there was more than just "Barton Towns." I've always wanted a Gambino towns, where we could explore the beache,s and have sea-side property. Where we could find more unique bugs and flowers, something that you couldn't find normally in Barton. I think it would also be cool to have a different style of houses, like beach huts, or condos. It would also be nice to have maybe a Durem Towns, and Aekea as well, where you have more options of housing, more options of scenery, and different areas to hang out instead of just seeing the plain old boring Barton area that looks exactly the same every page you go to...

I don't know if you guys could ever do this, but I would love to see more of a unique scenery in towns, and I would love it if you guys could possibly consider adding in a Gambino or Durem towns > w<

Alucio, have you been sitting in on meetings again?

About 90% of what you mentioned is part of the plans for towns 2.0

That fly on the wall that you guys squashed last meeting? That was my very expensive spy camera :c

Anyways, I'm actually excited to hear you say that, metaphorically speaking of course. I've always loved towns, but it just gets so boring after a while, and with a lot of the other areas that have diverse scenery and music, it just seems more fun to hang out there. I'm really looking forward to what you guys do with Towns 2.0!

Man-Hungry Man-Lover

I have another question relating to the scenery and harvesting updates. If you are going to make ponds, or streams and bridges and what not, is there anyway we could harvest like collectible fish? Like with insects and trash and flowers? Nothing like the actual fishing fish, or aquarium fish, just little things you collect and can sell, or turn into ... idk some cheap items like how bugs can be made into inks.

Also as someone else mentioned, I would love to see more items or objects that are just for scenery, like birds, or maybe some of our "pet" items that just run around. Towns is a wilderness area after all, there has to be some type of wildlife out there other than huge a** bugs. Like nothing we can interact with or anything, but just like see some of our pet items run through the area, and disappear into trees, bushes, rocks, or maybe even little caves or something.

Can you think about that? I mean I'm not sure if it's possible or not, but it would be really neat.

Friendly Smoker

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
codemonkey37179
RyanBashaw
codemonkey37179
RyanBashaw
http://plclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Pocket_Legends_Wiki

Please make Gaia towns, Gaia rally, zomg for mobile devices!

Click that link above to see how it is truly possible! And people would go crazy for it!!

Well, it may technically be possible, but I'm a flash dev. I do a few other languages, but none for mobile.
I'm not trying to troll or anything I just don't know how to explain what I mean!
Does any Gaia devs know how that language for mobile Gaia mmo?

Not that I know of. Have you ever thought about learning the language yourself? You seem to have the passion for games, you could turn that into a passion for making them.
I wish but I don't know how! Thank you monkey!!

Friendly Smoker

5,600 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Please monkey can you try to find out if anyone knows how to do it in that language! Or maybe you could help me find out or teach me how to do it!
My favorite game is all the grand theft autos that are in 3D (starting from GTA III to GTA V that's being made)
GTA rules
What I like about Towns:

- Ability to collect bugs, flowers and trash.
- The look and design for the houses.
- The holiday events: Halloween & X-Mas
- Transition of day into night and vise versa, but that could be improved.

What I would like to see in Towns 2.0:

- More house design options to choose from. Like rectangluar buildings, log cabins, brick houses, and steel houses.

- If having a home outside of Barton is not possible at the moment (Living in Durem, Gambino Isle, or Aekea) could we have Durem, Gambino, or Aekea-themed houses instead?

- New insects to catch and new flowers to find. Each to able to made in either ink (flowers or bugs), or crafting new bouquets. Perhaps the bouquets could be more than just accessories, they might be components to Level 2 or Level 3 alchemy formulas (just a suggestion!)

- Chessboards are so out-of-style! Make baseball and soccer fields to be played from spring to fall. When winter arrives, let there be ice hockey, skating, sledding, and skiing!

- Before I forget: incorporate more weather conditions. Make it rain in the spring, summer or fall, thereby increasing one's chances to find more flowers, and more of a certain type of insect. When snow is involved in the winter, could we get the ability to build snowmen? Two or three snowballs would be needed to create them, but how to decorate them so they look nice until they're destroyed or the sun melts them away?
Towns should have different accessible towns, like if you could go into Durem, Aekea or gambino. And since its towns, there should be more scenic areas, like streets with shops lines up, or shopping malls, or a park area with ponds, benches and a playground, and a walkway all around it.

Plus, I'd like to have the option of choosing a different houses for Towns 2.0. Like a treehouse, Kiki, NKS, Gwee, RuRu, Coco or Grunny Head homes, village hut, teepee, gingerbread or mushroom house- like the gnome encampments seen in zomg. Or to have a trailer-type house, or boathouse; submarine, castle, beaver damn, salt & pepper shaker shaped houses, a home shaped like a Clutch Purse from zomg, pumpkin, space-station, cactus, or a camping tent. Or even a large boot-shaped house, to play off nursery rhyme about the woman who lived in a shoe

Plus, new flowers and bug to collect, so the exchange system can get an update with the new stuff.

Ruthless Genius

I suggest keeping town squares. A lot of them have been established by groups of friends to be their usual hangout.

Also, in towns currently, the chat log clears after a certain amount of chattin'. When it does, people tend to have to repeat themselves. It gets frustrating. Annnndd... That's about it from me.

Phantom

codemonkey37179
Foxy Bandit
How about something to prevent text flooding?

That is a problem. We want to stop hackers from flooding the towns with text nonsense, but we don't have a solution for what happens if a lot of people are talking at once.

Hi Codemonkey, I just thought I'd send you a suggestion.

My good friend Foxy Bandit showed this to me and It gave me an idea that may be of some use on this.

my idea is that maybe there could be a script that would allow the user to only be able to have so much text, and only be able to hit enter so many times before they get a kind of pause to "catch there breath". this would be a nice way to stop spam flooding and prevent people from abusing copy+paste spam as well.

for example:
If i type out something that is a line of 100 characters, this will cause a major drop in the amount i can say in my next line. however, if i wait about 2-3 seconds (or whatever time you think would be fitting) about how long it might take for a normal human to type up another line of text the amount of "cool down" would be reduced.

now say i am "frustrated" as some like to call it, and start hitting random keys and hitting enter at the same time, well its not many characters being imputed, but based on how quickly I'm hitting enter, this could cause my "breath" to run out as well. thus, allowing for maybe the occasional spaz to vent there frustration, but also to stop them from becoming an annoyance more so then they already most likely are.

unfortunately, these are just suggestions and ideas I've come up with, if i knew code and the such, I'd be glad to give you some examples of how to use this and put it into effect, but unfortunately i don't.

I'm sure you've got your hands full doing other coding and what not, but i hope this helps you a bit.

Keep up the good work dude.
Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to give input!

What I like about current Towns:

• The generous text box limit, compared to other flash spaces. This encourages literate chatting, as opposed to when you can only fit in two choppy sentences.

• The night/day transition, but also the possibility to turn it off with 12341234.

• The way you can see many avatars at the same time, as opposed to being zoomed in. (Being zoomed in to see your avi in full detail is good for Houses, though)

• The seasons and event changes.

• A central area in each neighborhood for all neighbors to hang out. By all neighbors I mean not just those of the same barton, but all those of the same zipcode.

• Being able to live in a neighborhood with your friends.

Most of all the large text boxes though. xD Hollywood and Friend Chat don't appeal to me because of the way their box limit keeps cutting me off mid-sentence. Plus their log stretches far across the window and has huge font, so that I can only keep track of a small portion of what was said before it gets bumped out.

What I don't like about current Towns:

• Insects and trash in almost every barton (All except the center one in 5 barton), so that your house always has trash in front of it no matter how often you pick it up.

• Seasons feel like they last a little bit too long.

Not that much on the complaint side. xD
Alucio
One thing I've always wanted to see in town was a more diverse scenery, like in the zOMG. I always wish there were like little rivers or maybe ponds in towns, or maybe like more trees and have a slightly forested area, or maybe like a rocky/hilly/mountainous area. I hate going into towns and have every non-housing area look exactly the same and identical. I also wish there were more of a diversity we could do there as well, like how we are able to hunt bugs, pick up trash and flowers, I would like to see more things like that. One thing I've always wanted in towns, but I doubt would ever happen, if there was more than just "Barton Towns." I've always wanted a Gambino towns, where we could explore the beache,s and have sea-side property. Where we could find more unique bugs and flowers, something that you couldn't find normally in Barton. I think it would also be cool to have a different style of houses, like beach huts, or condos. It would also be nice to have maybe a Durem Towns, and Aekea as well, where you have more options of housing, more options of scenery, and different areas to hang out instead of just seeing the plain old boring Barton area that looks exactly the same every page you go to...

I don't know if you guys could ever do this, but I would love to see more of a unique scenery in towns, and I would love it if you guys could possibly consider adding in a Gambino or Durem towns > w<

This post is almost everything I could possibly want out of towns. :< I want to throw my two cents in here in addition to this amazing post though.

1 cent: Please ensure that we don't have to pay Gaia cash to get waterfront housing lots, should you make that available. That would alienate a lot of players from getting some really nice housing options.

1 cent: Gardens/Multiple rooms in houses. I've wanted this for ages, and it would really spruce up the look of neighborhoods. Each hose would be unique because of the plants outside. :3 Either that, or multiple rooms, so we don't have to use book-cases as walls anymore.
What I like about current towns:

-The text number limit. It's often incredibly awkward an cumbersome in the other flash areas to talk to people with more than a 'lol ikr'. This is a huge point to me and to my friends as it's a primary place where we meet up to chat, hang out, roleplay, and so on.

-Being able to switch between it being 'day' and 'night' if needed, despite the fact I really like that towns has not been stuck to PST for a looong time.

-Central areas as meeting points, like the pools/ice rink/fountain that we currently have.

What I'd like to see:

-Broken bugs/flowers/trash to be gone. It seems to happen when times are cycled or items are ignored, then they become impossible to collect.

-Seasons not lasting forever. Though~ I look forward to seeing what different city/town areas will look like.

Thank you so much for putting so much time and focus into this! heart

Edit: I'd love, love, love multiple rooms as well, as The Lucky E mentioned. I sifted through a lot of posts and several people already hit on things I'd love to see, but this would be a wonderful feature many of us would totally front the gold cost for to upgrade our homes.

Dapper Prophet

What I like about our current Towns:
+ As my fellow roleplayers agree, the text limit in Towns 1.0 is far more convenient than that of the other chat spaces
+ That the center of the neighborhood doesn't spawn trash/bugs/flowers
+ Ability to negate daylight changes with 12341234
+ The easy-to-navigate ZIP code system
+ The ability to fireball block spammers and trolls

What I don't like about our current Towns:
+ Trash/Bugs/Flowers in general. I understand that some people enjoy these though, so perhaps there's an opportunity for some middle ground? For how little they're good for now, they tend to clutter up the non-center squares far too quickly. Perhaps their spawn rate could be slowed down, at least?
+ Blocks with a full set of houses can become very cramped
+ That you have to get up and adjust your avi to see a nearby part of the screen. It would be super if there was some option to adjust it with a right-click and drag, or something of the like.
+ When the daylight changes, avatars often retain the tint of the last phase of light unless '12341234' is used
+ The lack of measures to slow down/prevent spamming
+ Blocking spammers is also difficult when they stand close together, even when you have the intention of blocking the entire 4-5 Gaian mob. It would be cool if there was a kind of lasso tool that you could use to unleash user-block Armageddon on a small group. P: Or at least have the fireball fly past the users who are already blocked, so we can get to the ones behind them without having to wait for them to move.
+ The ability to change the message on signs. It's only proven inconvenient as far as I've seen, but once again, I'm sure some people love this feature and wouldn't want it taken down completely if that would upset anyone. >:

What I would like to see in Towns 2.0:
+ I love the idea of gardens! Perhaps this could be a use for all the flowers that pop up everywhere, if a little more variety is thrown in?
+ Additional terrains, climates, areas; both for exploration and house-placing. The seasonal changes are fun for awhile, but they end up getting old after the first few months. I'd like to have an option to visit what climate you'd like regardless of the time of year.
+ Forests and places like that should not all have houses in them, like the squares in the current Towns that have a few trees but no homes.
+ I like the idea of having a block all to oneself after building a house, perhaps with this sort of system we could place/expand a garden, plant trees, place outdoor furniture, paths, etc? The main problem I see with this is that Towns would need to be expanded, and a lot, to make up for the spread-out of homes.
+ A greater variety of house-styles would be awesome!
+ The ability to password-lock your house block, so you could invite your friends without worrying about strange people barging in out of nowhere or watching/stalking you without you knowing (i.e. by hiding behind the trees)
+ It would also be really handy if guilds could use their funds to purchase the rights to a neighborhood- that is, only members of the guild could put up their houses in that neighborhood. It's really cool to have neighborhoods with your friends, but really stressful when you have to worry about someone else hopping in and grabbing a house they'll probably never touch again.
+ I also support the idea of more features that we can interact with, but feel that a little imagination suffices for most of these sorts of things.

Also:
+ I would fully support any move to allow extra rooms/floors in houses, even if the cost for them was designed as a gold sink. But I also understand that the new house system still requires work, and that this thread is focused on towns, not homes. It's still a good idea to put on the shelves for later, though!

Lastly, I'd like to thank you guys for being receptive and welcoming to user opinion. uwu <3 We believe in you and anxiously await the future Towns!
What I like about Towns 1.0

- The size and font of the chat log and text bubbles. All other flash spaces are practically useless for rps just because the text box limit is too small, the text font isn't pleasant to read and symbols like < and > can't be used to make the ever so needed >.> faces. Which is a real pity because it's such a small thing which has such massive impact. So far Towns 1.0 is the only space I've seen which got it all right. (Hollywood has a pleasant font, but the chat log is incredibly invasive for people who have it open all the time, and it clears far too often. Also text box sizes are still too small for proper posts.)

- Houses. The fact that you can build neighbourhoods and use bartons to create whole villages with your friends in shared zip-codes which are more or less private. The possibility to choose where to place your house basically, and the fact that you can enter them through towns.

- Avatar size. All other flash spaces are slightly zoomed in, which I find uncomfortable for exploring larger places. It makes sense for houses, but for towns, the 1.0 zoom is perfect, you want to be able to see what is going on in other places.

- Night and Day transition, including of course the possibility to manipulate it with 12341234.

- Central Area Meeting Points. So important.

- The way avis walk and sit. I really don't like the way you move in zomg and flash spaces. In a strange way it feels like you're running on sand? If that makes any sense...(See Virtual Hollywood f.e.) And in the new houses update my avis zip around at supernatural speeds, it's almost as if they teleport. So so far Towns 1.0 has found the best balance.

- The Zip code system

What I would like in Towns 2.0

- Maybe gardens?
- Shorter seasons
- More different house designs you view from the outside.
- The possibility to insert your own playlist for towns, although this would probably make more sense for inside houses.

What I wouldn't like in Towns 2.0

- Tiny text bubbles, squishy font, logs which clear every few moments or cover half the screen

- The slightly more zoomed in avis like in basically every world which isn't Towns 1.0 atm

- I know most people disagree with this... But I personally wouldn't want towns to have background scenery like in zomg. I just somehow never came to like it, I actually really like the neutral environment of Towns 1.0. But maybe that is because elaborate backgrounds have always come combined with the zoomed up effect, awkward sluggish movements and unpleasant chat logs, so it has negative connotations in my head.

- Trash, bugs, or anything which would fly around to litter the screen and can't be removed.

Thank you for listening to our opinions!

Questionable Creature

codemonkey37179
ze Flower Seller
It moves choppy and slowly, also it would generally create lag.
I know i'm not the only one as I saw a while ago someone complained about the exact same thing.

Also, gaiaonline's sister site gonline used to have a game called 'Legend'.
It was a world where you had your own house, farm and lake (if you level'd it high enough).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ou8zMcW-4&list=UUtYtKPII88Ylob-anYPSaLQ&index=3&feature=plcp

Here is a video of the farm, perhaps you could have something like this in towns 2.0 aswell?
(I *did* email recently asking gonline to try to contact gaia and arrange something so legend could be revived, but I got ignored and gonline is dying. It makes me sad. ._.)

I want to have something where we can decorate, but I do want to make a farmville clone. Something similar for decorating the outside of the house might be nice though.

EDIT: I meant do say I do NOT want to make a farmville clone.
User Image
█████████████ ████████xxxN a y a . M e r a ixxx████████ █████████████

I think you shouldn't think in the way of farmville, but more in the way of harvest moon

█████████████ ████████xxx© E x c u s e . M e ! ©xxx████████ █████████████
Sunflower Sunday

+ I like the idea of having a block all to oneself after building a house, perhaps with this sort of system we could place/expand a garden, plant trees, place outdoor furniture, paths, etc? The main problem I see with this is that Towns would need to be expanded, and a lot, to make up for the spread-out of homes.
+ The ability to password-lock your house block, so you could invite your friends without worrying about strange people barging in out of nowhere or watching/stalking you without you knowing (i.e. by hiding behind the trees)
+ It would also be really handy if guilds could use their funds to purchase the rights to a neighborhood- that is, only members of the guild could put up their houses in that neighborhood. It's really cool to have neighborhoods with your friends, but really stressful when you have to worry about someone else hopping in and grabbing a house they'll probably never touch again.

I find these to be interesting ideas, especially with locking neighborhoods for friends or guild members. This makes me curious though, will neighborhoods have a certain set amount of house lots like we have now? Or would it be possible to add as many houses to a neighborhood as we like?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff