Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Genius

Existential Existence
omg these new plans for Towns sound so good crying so good I'm emote crying crying

being able to decorate/customize(?) the outside of Houses would be so cool. can't wait to see what you guys come up with that if you do it.

with regards to swimming pools I like how our avatars (during the summer version of Towns) could pee/poop in the pool. that was very cute. also a lot of people have fun with playing with that virtual soccer, if we could keep/have more items our avatars could interact with by bringing them out of our "bags" that would be really neat.

I am planning on keeping the soccer ball for sure, maybe even a soccer field. We are not going to allow 1000 soccer balls at once biggrin

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
codemonkey37179
Existential Existence
omg these new plans for Towns sound so good crying so good I'm emote crying crying

being able to decorate/customize(?) the outside of Houses would be so cool. can't wait to see what you guys come up with that if you do it.

with regards to swimming pools I like how our avatars (during the summer version of Towns) could pee/poop in the pool. that was very cute. also a lot of people have fun with playing with that virtual soccer, if we could keep/have more items our avatars could interact with by bringing them out of our "bags" that would be really neat.

I am planning on keeping the soccer ball for sure, maybe even a soccer field. We are not going to allow 1000 soccer balls at once biggrin

Cool biggrin A soccer field would be pretty sweet. People used to use those pylons as pretend goal posts but pylons are pretty scarce now. A thousand soccer balls!!!!! haha!!!

Cosmic Trickster

Sorry if the housing update discussion sounded a bit off-topic. I think I got a bit carried away with that. sad

Aged Genius

-Gentle Curls-
Sorry if the housing update discussion sounded a bit off-topic. I think I got a bit carried away with that. sad

No Problem.

Cosmic Trickster

codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-

No Problem.

I'm glad you're doing what you're doing and I hope many other users think of other ideas to help your mind spark up for Towns 2.0. I thought the houses might be involved in Towns 2.0, so that's why I brought up the discussion in the first place. lol. Hope you fix the errors that anyone else will discuss.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
What do I like best about Towns 1.0?

BUGS! Hunting and catching em. Flower-picking and picking up trash.

Aged Genius

Nyadriel

Thanks for reminding me! I put in the bugs and flowers, forgot about the trash.

Dangerous Lunatic

Sticks and stones may break my bones...

Three questions.
1. Are you going to fix the flower glitch where you can't pick them up, no matter how many times you click it?
2. Are you going to fix it so that trash/flowers don't end up behind town signs?
3. Will there be any new bugs/flowers/paper?

...But chains and whips excite me.

Lord Elwrind's Queen

Dangerous Fairy

55,065 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Poison Master 250
  • Winged 100
codemonkey37179
Nyadriel

Thanks for reminding me! I put in the bugs and flowers, forgot about the trash.

Yuh... don't forget also the rare occasion rubbish. You know... tires and old boots. (some people are just so careless! tsk) mrgreen

Goosies Moosies's Husband

Grumpy Feesh

Thank you so very much for this topic. You have no idea how good it is to actively see a Flash developer obviously doing things. Usually the flash game/features fans feel in the dark, unsure of what's happening with their favorite features.

On to the questions:

What's good about current towns (1.99.0.1):
- The music. It's cute, quirky, and a nice nostalgia piece.
- That the directory is easily accessible at all times.
- The bugs, trash, and flower harvesting.
- The visible changes when GST changes from Dawn, to Day, to Dusk, to Night, etc.

What should be in "Towns 2.0" :
- Better pathing. The pathing in the current Towns is pretty bad, unfortunately. Maybe on the level of zOMG's pathing? That could use definite improvement too, but it would probably be sufficient.
- Proper changeover of trash and flowers based on time of day. Currently, trash and flowers tend to be slow to transition to the proper color for the given time of day. This applies to screens other than the one you're on when the time changes over at last check. Admittedly this was a while ago, as I'm not a huge Towns fan.
- No trash or flower spawning that overlaps signs. That is, the Town Topic signs. Things get stuck there, unable to be harvested.
- A report form for Town Topics. I realize this is largely outside your expertise, as a queue would have to be created and the process would have to be organized with CCS's cooperation to some extent, but such a thing is long overdue.
- A much more secure platform. Pretty obvious. Most notably, security regarding appearing to be another user and faking who says things. However, it would be nice to not have Pylons and Beach Balls spawning like rabbits at the whims of a script kiddie.

A bit in the second category, but by no means a huge desire: Could it be possible to use zOMG Summons in Towns 2.0 (Example)? I don't know how much of the platform is coming from zOMG, but it would be pretty neat to have our little summons bouncing around in places just besides zOMG. Might make them a bit more desirable.

Obsessed Marshall

71,375 Points
  • The Ring: Vol2 Master Collector 250
  • Marshall's Love 500
  • Conventioneer 300
Will the old houses be automatically placed when towns 2,0 launches, or will the old houses need to be placed on a brand new lot again?

Timid Bookworm

This sounds like a small, silly thing, but snowball fights in winter are really fun to me. Can we keep those?

Shy Gaian

Of course keep events in towns, like caroling and ToT.
Also please keep bugs, flowers, ect. Maybe while updating towns, update new uses for those game items.

Of course, updating it so it's harder to hack. I know a lot of users are worried about being hacked, or scripted.

emotion_kirakira
I'm excited.

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Will 2.0 change with GST or seasons?

If so, can nights not be so dark? The 12341234 trick only works for so long.
Gaidin

- A much more secure platform. Pretty obvious. Most notably, security regarding appearing to be another user and faking who says things. However, it would be nice to not have Pylons and Beach Balls spawning like rabbits at the whims of a script kiddie.

This.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces