Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cosmic Trickster

codemonkey37179
ze Flower Seller
-Gentle Curls-

I, too, have Windows XP. As for the room sizes and the Valentine's flash world, in that case, I would have to agree on that, too. eek

In that case...

codemonkey37179

Hope you have a windows XP computer to replicate this lag on. emotion_awesome xD
(Seriously I hope you do. I hate this lag and wish it slaughtered.)

I want to fix it, but I need more information. All I've heard so far is laggy, which is not helping me get to the root of the problem.

Well, when I move across the room in the houses, the avatar moves slowly drags along with the background.

Aged Genius

-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
ze Flower Seller
-Gentle Curls-

I, too, have Windows XP. As for the room sizes and the Valentine's flash world, in that case, I would have to agree on that, too. eek

In that case...

codemonkey37179

Hope you have a windows XP computer to replicate this lag on. emotion_awesome xD

I want to fix it, but I need more information. All I've heard so far is laggy, which is not helping me get to the root of the problem.

Well, when I move across the room in the houses, the avatar moves slowly drags along with the background.

Hmm. I got complaints last week, that the avatar was moving too fast. Did you try it today? Try clearing your cache as well.

Noob

All I want is a fix to the scripting/client abuse... It has gotten to a point where it's just ridiculous. Please,do something about it.

Aged Genius

Zihkar
All I want is a fix to the scripting/client abuse... It has gotten to a point where it's just ridiculous. Please,do something about it.

Well Edy is fixing the current towns, and we are working together to make it harder on hackers in the new towns.

Cosmic Trickster

codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
ze Flower Seller
-Gentle Curls-

In that case...

codemonkey37179

Hmm. I got complaints last week, that the avatar was moving too fast. Did you try it today? Try clearing your cache as well.

I'm trying it out as we type. I cleared the cache and it's a bit better. However, the avatar still drags along with the background. It's like Rally and Hollywood, but slower. For the small, empty houses, the avatar is too fast. I think the bigger the room is, the slower it gets. sweatdrop

Aged Genius

-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
ze Flower Seller

In that case...

I'm trying it out as we type. I cleared the cache and it's a bit better. However, the avatar still drags along with the background. It's like Rally and Hollywood, but slower. For the small, empty houses, the avatar is too fast. I think the bigger the room is, the slower it gets. sweatdrop

So does the lag occur when the background scrolls?

Cosmic Trickster

codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
ze Flower Seller

In that case...

Yes! Exactly. I have the "Wow! This is a really big house! Gimme a sec" version.

Now recently, my Gaia friend stalked me to check what's going on. We are testing the house sizes. The small, empty ones, I can see his avatar. However, as I got to mine, I see nothing but his chat bubble. He can see my avatar, however.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
Will you fix the problem with the inability to collect any flowers & paper when they're layered on top of each other as well as getting rid of that odd instance where you simply cannot pick up a lone flower?

Also.....

will there be more than just Barton this time? Like say Aekea, Durem, and Isle de Gambino residential areas? I would also love the ability to move my house out of Barton if and when new towns are added. 3nodding

Noob

codemonkey37179
Zihkar

Well Edy is fixing the current towns, and we are working together to make it harder on hackers in the new towns.

That is good to hear! I am glad you are at least trying! Hopefully it will cut this crud out or, at least cut some of it out.

Aged Genius

Catalyste
Will you fix the problem with the inability to collect any flowers & paper when they're layered on top of each other as well as getting rid of that odd instance where you simply cannot pick up a lone flower?

Also.....

will there be more than just Barton this time? Like say Aekea, Durem, and Isle de Gambino residential areas? I would also love the ability to move my house out of Barton if and when new towns are added. 3nodding

It will fix some of the problems. We are going to fix what we can, but mostly concentrate on the new version.

In answer to your question about more than one town, the simple answer is yes.

Aged Genius

-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-

Yes! Exactly. I have the "Wow! This is a really big house! Gimme a sec" version.

Now recently, my Gaia friend stalked me to check what's going on. We are testing the house sizes. The small, empty ones, I can see his avatar. However, as I got to mine, I see nothing but his chat bubble.

The last problem you mention, I just tracked down. Was his house better for you, as far as the movement?

Cosmic Trickster

codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-

Now recently, my Gaia friend stalked me to check what's going on. We are testing the house sizes. The small, empty ones, I can see his avatar. However, as I got to mine, I see nothing but his chat bubble.

The last problem you mention, I just tracked down. Was his house better for you, as far as the movement?

Well, the movement was a bit better, but his house is too crowded to test out. His house is the first upgrade. As far as I can tell, the arrow keys have a faster response than clicking with the mouse. The mouse is a bit more limited when it comes to movement. Like where you click around the avatar space? My avatar can't move to that area with the click of the mouse. What is the reason by that, by any chance?

Aged Genius

-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-

Well, the movement was a bit better, but his house is too crowded to test out. His house is the first upgrade. As far as I can tell, the arrow keys have a faster response than clicking with the mouse. The mouse is a bit more limited when it comes to movement. Like where you click around the avatar space? My avatar can't move to that area with the click of the mouse. What is the reason by that, by any chance?

What area can you not move? Not to get to technical, but It usually comes from an area that is set up to listen for you mouse click, but is blocked by an item that doesn't have a listener on it.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
omg these new plans for Towns sound so good crying so good I'm emote crying crying

being able to decorate/customize(?) the outside of Houses would be so cool. can't wait to see what you guys come up with that if you do it.

with regards to swimming pools I like how our avatars (during the summer version of Towns) could pee/poop in the pool. that was very cute. also a lot of people have fun with playing with that virtual soccer, if we could keep/have more items our avatars could interact with by bringing them out of our "bags" that would be really neat.

Cosmic Trickster

codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-

What area can you not move? Not to get to technical, but It usually comes from an area that is set up to listen for you mouse click, but is blocked by an item that doesn't have a listener on it.

Well, the mouse click takes a bit slow to respond to where the avatar needs to move in general. Like when you click up, it takes a bit slow to respond in order for it to go up. I think where there is a house item, like the flower plant or the counter, I feel like there's an invisible box or a force field around it so the avatar is hard to move, depending on where my avatar is standing or sitting. And also,
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces