Welcome to Gaia! ::

codemonkey37179
ze Flower Seller
It moves choppy and slowly, also it would generally create lag.
I know i'm not the only one as I saw a while ago someone complained about the exact same thing.

Also, gaiaonline's sister site gonline used to have a game called 'Legend'.
It was a world where you had your own house, farm and lake (if you level'd it high enough).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0ou8zMcW-4&list=UUtYtKPII88Ylob-anYPSaLQ&index=3&feature=plcp

Here is a video of the farm, perhaps you could have something like this in towns 2.0 aswell?
(I *did* email recently asking gonline to try to contact gaia and arrange something so legend could be revived, but I got ignored and gonline is dying. It makes me sad. ._.)

I want to have something where we can decorate, but I do want to make a farmville clone. Something similar for decorating the outside of the house might be nice though.

Ew, farmville. When I was playing Legend I never thought 'this is like farmville'.

What Gonline had, was, it let you create flower pots and other decorations in your garden, do quests in-game, shake fruit trees for bananas and other fruits you could exchange for cakes (for energy) and etc...

Having a farm feature doesn't mean you're a farmville clone, as farms existed way before that game was created (obviously). Someone said that they loved the feature in gonline because it reminded them of another game they played...sailor moon game or something, can't really remember.

Having a garden to decorate like gonline did would be lovely, but if that happens I'm afraid there only will be decent items for cash and crappy ones for gold. ._.

Edit: Wait what? You "do" want to make a farmville clone?
Please tell me that was a typo. OTL

Assimilated Wolf

codemonkey37179
Gundamu
codemonkey37179
Gundamu
Will there be anything different about how avatars interact?

I'm tempted just to post "YES" and leave it at that.

I have some ideas similar to some things that were done in the house, like jumping on the trampoline. These are just ideas right now, and I don't know what will be in the final version, but things like a zero gravity environment, hover boards or swimming are very much in my mind.

Nice. Maybe something simple like siting on benches?

Only in the same way they can sit on chairs now. We are somewhat limited to the artwork of the basic avatar, but I'm going to try some tricks to get more action.

That would be just fine.

Questionable Prophet

11,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • 50 Wins 150
ze Flower Seller
What I like about Towns 1.0

- Bugs, Flowers, Trash, Giftboxes
- Houses
- GST Effects towns

What I would like in Towns 2.0

- More house options such as the Area 52 houses you had in a sponcer
- More varity of bugs,trash and flowers
- Rare Giftboxes to be updated, such as having Caches, Cases and Fat Cat's added in
- Mini UFO's to fly like they used too (going over houses and etc...)
- Option to change the daylight / turn it off - since when it gets dark in towns, it's quite hard to see avatars and such.
- Option to limit the amount of avatars that load to reduce lag
- Fountain game that used to be in zOMG to be added in.
- Menu showing current friends in towns with a 'stalk' button. (You won't appear on the menu if you've chosen to appear offline on your preferences)
- Intrigating zOMG to towns a little, perhaps have Leon ask for help against the animated in zOMG if you click on him in the train station?

What I wouldn't like in Towns 2.0

- The same walking as in the updated houses, no offence but it lags me horribly.
- More than 6 houses in one barton, its cluttered.

I'll add more feedback as I think of it! :3
Tell me, what did tyou think when you found me lost
And my hope was fading
Tell me, what did you say to make me feel again

Stin is about to speak shhh:
THIS AND A BAG OF COOKIES!!!!
Your voice could take me.
Don't let the darkness surround me
Lift me up I'll let you in.

Questionable Prophet

11,900 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • 50 Wins 150
codemonkey37179
Razumi Yazura
If you have an answer for this, what will be the general setup for home placement in Towns 2.0 and how different will it be opposed to the current version of Towns?

That is a question we are discussing at the moment. While nothing has been decided, we are throwing around the idea of letting everybody have their own area, with the possibility of customizing some of the outside of your house. In the old towns some of the housing areas are too hard to navigate. It also makes it a hard place to hangout, and we want to try to give every area in the new towns the potential of being a social gathering place.
Tell me, what did tyou think when you found me lost
And my hope was fading
Tell me, what did you say to make me feel again

Stin is about to speak shhh:
that sounds freaking awesome! so kinda like a backyard monster setup only you can walk around?! biggrin
Your voice could take me.
Don't let the darkness surround me
Lift me up I'll let you in.

Fluffy Bunny

23,150 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Conventioneer 300
zOMG allows users to use the asdw keys as well as the mouse to walk. Will Towns have an option to let us set which keys we want to use to move or use the same asdw keys? Please please please? <3

Lonely Loiterer

14,675 Points
  • 1 Win 50
  • PvP 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Maybe a garage/driveway/carport where we could park our Gaia car.

Cosmic Trickster

ze Flower Seller
I know i'm not the only one as I saw a while ago someone complained about the exact same thing.

Yes. I agree with this quote so much. I have been dealing with this ever since the new House update. D;

Edit: Is it because of the browser we use as a whole? 'Cause I use Google Chrome.

@codemonkey37179: I just want drop by to type thank you for doing the Towns 2.0. Appreciate it. 3nodding

Aged Genius

Lady Kayura
zOMG allows users to use the asdw keys as well as the mouse to walk. Will Towns have an option to let us set which keys we want to use to move or use the same asdw keys? Please please please? <3

It uses the arrow keys to walk around. I could try to put those in, the problem is, it might interfere with the chat. Chat in towns is a bit different from zOMG.

Aged Genius

-Gentle Curls-
ze Flower Seller

Yes. I agree with this quote so much. I have been dealing with this ever since the new House update. D;

Edit: Is it because of the browser we use as a whole? 'Cause I use Google Chrome.

@codemonkey37179: I just want drop by to type thank you for doing the Towns 2.0. Appreciate it. 3nodding

I've been trying to track it down. The problem is I can't see it on my machine. Have you tried lately? I updated the house about a week ago.

and you are welcome smile

Aged Genius

Toolee
Maybe a garage/driveway/carport where we could park our Gaia car.

Maybe. I have thought about that. I would like to tie most parts of the site together.

Cosmic Trickster

-Gentle Curls-
codemonkey37179
-Gentle Curls-
ze Flower Seller

I've been trying to track it down. The problem is I can't see it on my machine. Have you tried lately? I updated the house about a week ago.

and you are welcome smile

Well, I have the biggest room purchased on Gaia Towns. I guess that's the reason why it's going slow?
-Gentle Curls-

It lagged for me in all room sizes.
I use Mozilla Firefox, Windows XP, quite an old computer but never lags in flash areas like it does in houses and that valentines area.

Cosmic Trickster

ze Flower Seller

It lagged for me in all room sizes.
I use Mozilla Firefox, Windows XP, quite an old computer but never lags like it does in houses and that valentines area.

I, too, have Windows XP. As for the room sizes and the Valentine's flash world, in that case, I would have to agree on that, too. eek
-Gentle Curls-

I, too, have Windows XP. As for the room sizes and the Valentine's flash world, in that case, I would have to agree on that, too. eek

In that case...

codemonkey37179

Hope you have a windows XP computer to replicate this lag on. emotion_awesome xD
(Seriously I hope you do. I hate this lag and wish it slaughtered.)

Aged Genius

ze Flower Seller
-Gentle Curls-

In that case...

codemonkey37179

Hope you have a windows XP computer to replicate this lag on. emotion_awesome xD
(Seriously I hope you do. I hate this lag and wish it slaughtered.)

I want to fix it, but I need more information. All I've heard so far is laggy, which is not helping me get to the root of the problem.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff