Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aged Genius

SweetPea1992
It would be nice for the NPC's to be in more of the towns and interact with us as well instead of only on the load up page when you get into towns.

Updating the arrows or changing them into something else when we go over into another town.

Updating the directory a bit too.

Well, the directory is going away. It is too out of date, and we want a more modern solution.

I've build the code for more npc interaction, but we will see what the creative side comes up with as far as using them.

We will have the old and new towns both up for a while, because the new towns will be small at first. We plan for rapid expansion though

Aged Genius

Rey-Absent
I woud like for it to be more life like and deminsional. Possibly put on the Go app for your Ipod, Iphone, Ipad.

I'm afraid the intense calculations needed for towns won't allow it on any mobile device at present. In any case we couldn't get it to work on any Apple mobile device since they will not support flash.

Aged Genius

Adam Joseph Copeland
I liked Towns before Halloween 2009. D: I didn't like it after that because the view got farther (the avatars got smaller.) Make it close up again and I'll be happy. d;

Hmm. The avatar in the house is at 100% scale. Is that the size you mean? I didn't realize they had made them smaller after towns was built.

Aged Genius

Cucco
This is more of a personal thing, but I was wondering if 5 Barton 1035 could keep the trees and fountain background. It's where I met my boyfriend, I have a lot of sentiment to the place.

I'm afraid all the zip codes are going away. We may keep some classic towns stuff, but it isn't up to me.

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
codemonkey37179
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
XD

Would be nice to have our car.
Parked outside.
Maybe be able to drive on some sort of road, then hit a cow.
Driving to our friends house.

Yes, I thought about having your car from rally parked outside or linking the house to the garage in some way.

O_O

Oh wow.
That would be nice.

Thieving Rogue

I'm sure this has been said (I honestly didn't want to search through all the posts to see if it'd had been), but the ability to show if you're AFK would be extremely valuable. While it's not only annoying to others to sit there talking to someone who isn't there, it's also annoying to the user who's AFK to come back to someone being a jerk because they thought they were being ignored.

I'm unsure if it would work with towns, but a time-out feature like MSN could be handy, as well as a button on the footer. Perhaps it could place a yellow "layer" over your avatar or a big "AWAY" over the middle of it.

Another thought I had was possibly a confirmation feature for adding people. I'm assuming the little + icon that shows up when you mouse over avatars may be gone, but if it isn't, a confirmation to send a request (like for ignoring/unignoring) would be nice so people don't accidentally add someone else instead of looking at their profiles.

Edit: I doubt this is workable for towns, but the ability to turn off/turn on bugs, trash, and flowers would be really nice. Especially the bugs when they begin to reload and fill the town with all kinds of colourful little flying distractions.

Fashionable Fatcat

What I like about Towns 1.0:

< The changing seasons.
< The trash/bugs/flowers/giftboxes.
< The day to night time change.
< The houses and trees.
< The houses being bigger inside.

What I don't like about Towns 1.0:

< Scriptors
< Spammed topics/not charging for topics (it only encourages said spamming).
< Spamming in towns that causes lag.
< The ability to not keep it daytime for long (12341234 trick).
< Gift boxes and rare bugs seem to be too rare.
< The music tends to be a little annoying at times.
< The houses being laggy and avatars moving too fast/glitchy inside.
< People spamming "adding" someone.
< When I use the arrow keys on my keyboard too close to a town arrow and accidentally get warped to the next area.

What I would like to see in Towns 2.0:

< A pretty garden area with a gazebo and a forest area (forest area could have more bugs, garden area could have more flowers, and house areas could have more trash then other areas).
< The shadow of the trees and houses to change/move with the day to night change.
< Charge people to make topics and keep log of who made them (there have been one too many people insulting others through topics).
< A way to report the topics easier and faster.
< Give a couple seconds limit of how fast a person can press "enter" to reduce in-town spam (similar to the way you got rid of spamming the sit button).
< Make the chance of finding a rare bug or a gift box slightly more common.
< The ability to change the music like in event places (like valentine's day).
< You can only go to another area by clicking the in-town arrows.

If any of these have already been said/suggested I apologize for not reading all the other posts. sweatdrop

Aged Genius

Sospel
I'm sure this has been said (I honestly didn't want to search through all the posts to see if it'd had been), but the ability to show if you're AFK would be extremely valuable. While it's not only annoying to others to sit there talking to someone who isn't there, it's also annoying to the user who's AFK to come back to someone being a jerk because they thought they were being ignored.

I'm unsure if it would work with towns, but a time-out feature like MSN could be handy, as well as a button on the footer. Perhaps it could place a yellow "layer" over your avatar or a big "AWAY" over the middle of it.

Another thought I had was possibly a confirmation feature for adding people. I'm assuming the little + icon that shows up when you mouse over avatars may be gone, but if it isn't, a confirmation to send a request (like for ignoring/unignoring) would be nice so people don't accidentally add someone else instead of looking at their profiles.

Edit: I doubt this is workable for towns, but the ability to turn off/turn on bugs, trash, and flowers would be really nice. Especially the bugs when they begin to reload and fill the town with all kinds of colourful little flying distractions.

The AFK has been mentioned, and I think it would be a nice feature. I'm not sure if we can have it done by launch, but I'll definitely discuss it with the team.

The technical stuff for turning off bugs and flowers in the new towns is relatively simple. I'll bring that up too.

Aged Genius

Maria De Creuset
What I like about Towns 1.0:

< The changing seasons.
< The trash/bugs/flowers/giftboxes.
< The day to night time change.
< The houses and trees.
< The houses being bigger inside.

What I don't like about Towns 1.0:

< Scriptors
< Spammed topics/not charging for topics (it only encourages said spamming).
< Spamming in towns that causes lag.
< The ability to not keep it daytime for long (12341234 trick).
< Gift boxes and rare bugs seem to be too rare.
< The music tends to be a little annoying at times.
< The houses being laggy and avatars moving too fast/glitchy inside.
< People spamming "adding" someone.
< When I use the arrow keys on my keyboard too close to a town arrow and accidentally get warped to the next area.

What I would like to see in Towns 2.0:

< A pretty garden area with a gazebo and a forest area (forest area could have more bugs, garden area could have more flowers, and house areas could have more trash then other areas).
< The shadow of the trees and houses to change/move with the day to night change.
< Charge people to make topics and keep log of who made them (there have been one too many people insulting others through topics).
< A way to report the topics easier and faster.
< Give a couple seconds limit of how fast a person can press "enter" to reduce in-town spam (similar to the way you got rid of spamming the sit button).
< Make the chance of finding a rare bug or a gift box slightly more common.
< The ability to change the music like in event places (like valentine's day).
< You can only go to another area by clicking the in-town arrows.

If any of these have already been said/suggested I apologize for not reading all the other posts. sweatdrop

You gave a few suggestions I haven't seen before. I'd like selectable music for the town. I like the idea about the shadows, but I think it will be overkill at this point. The chat definitely needs to be slowed down as you suggested, I'll work on that next week. I just checked, and in the new towns you do have to click the arrow to change areas. I didn't intend that, but I think I'll leave it like that. Thanks!

Aged Genius

Dinala1641882

i like the zomg movement that your avi automatically moves around the object and doesn't just stop when it hits it.

Challenge Accepted.

Dangerous Lover

10,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Junior 100
What I love mostly about the towns is the collecting feature. Collecting trash, flowers, bugs, cans, boots and such. But it bugs me that I've never found a rare bug (even though I've been a member here since 2006) and never even knew you could find gift boxes until now.

As far as the gameplay goes, I have one suggestion. I don't know if this is even possible, but a setting option where you can select what trash you see. For example, if you want to collect paper and flowers are frequently in your way then you can click 'hide flowers' and so you don't see them. Suppose maybe this might help people with slow internet connections, but that isn't an issue for me. Mostly I don't like accidentally collecting the wrong thing.

I also suggest making the collections a bigger part of towns. Badges like in zOMG might be one option, perhaps with rewards for completing them. Like a small amount of gold or exclusive items. I also think that the exchange should be upgraded to include more items. Everything from a sunflower crown to a wedding dress made of paper. ^^

If I think of better suggestions I'll share them. =D
codemonkey37179
You gave a few suggestions I haven't seen before. I'd like selectable music for the town. I like the idea about the shadows, but I think it will be overkill at this point. The chat definitely needs to be slowed down as you suggested, I'll work on that next week. I just checked, and in the new towns you do have to click the arrow to change areas. I didn't intend that, but I think I'll leave it like that. Thanks!
Selectable music sounds awesome! That reminds me of a question I keep forgetting to ask... Will Towns 2.0 be more connected to Houses? With connected I mean like by the old version of Houses and Towns, where you could hop between the two and your settings and the chat log wouldn't reset. Will it be easier to integrate Houses into Towns 2.0?

Spam chat slowing also sounds good, though I would put the time limit after every third post maybe, so that for most usual conversations people won't notice it very much.

16,225 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Master Converter 500
Empress Boa
codemonkey37179

I have 2 suggestions that can possibly be a benefit for both gaia and gaians.

1. A fleet fleet type of item. This will make a person run faster to pick up trash. can be bought 99 GC and lasts for 1 month (sorta like the stellarite). this way, people who need trash (alchemists) can pick up faster, lessening the hours and hours running around or millions of gold spent on overpriced trash in mp.

2. Double trash spawn? Sorta like double orb in zomg, but this one increases chances of getting more trash per square. can be bought for 99 GC as well and lasts for 1 month. for same reason as stated in #1.

I hope something like that is available. there's some people in mp who's making millions of gold bc they had hoarded trash and they go overboard like pricing 1000 X of pink carnations at 1500 gg each ... this 2 suggestions above can help bring down the costs of trash in mp as well. thank you!

Loved this suggestion! If Gaia can get the ads back up and running - that was at least a dime of GC a day - so in 10 days someone could have enough GC for that. Also, since Alchemy is using up the trash and bugs and since Towns is sooooooooooo boring - {listens to my own Playlist since I can't stand that little twinkle music} - my little avatar asked me the other day - "Wouldn't it be so cool to see a burglar lurking about? Then we could hunt him down, have him arrested and get a bonus!" smile

Cool Cleric's Queen

Divine Healer

32,040 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Object of Affection 150
This is a question more than suggestion: When is Towns 2.0 coming out?

Here's my suggestion now: I want to say that what would improve things would be to eliminate the dusk/dawn collection times for trash/bugs/flowers. The way it is now there is only 15 minutes for you to actually gather specific junks and that makes it harder for people to collect and of course raises the price of the trash in MP [right now old crumpled newspaper is 1k for ONE which is not right]

Dapper Dabbler

I was thinking of maybe making a separate area for catching bugs? A bug catching field. To enter the field you would have to speak with an NPC perhaps and maybe you could even make it possible to exchange bugs to ink in town.

My idea is so lame in comparison dramallama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces