Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
codemonkey37179

^^

So codemonkey.
When Towns 2 replaces Towns, Towns is no more.
Will you be changing Towns 2's name to Towns or keep Towns 2 name?

Time-traveling Senshi

codemonkey37179

Hey codemonkey since you talked a little more about neighborhoods in the GCD thread and how each town will have a different looking house I have a little question relating to that. Would I be correct in guessing that Buki did all the housing art for the Barton Town neighborhoods? Because if that's what Barton Town's going to look like then my friends and I in our Barton related guild are going to have some snazzy looking neighborhoods when we try and landlord near each other to keep us all in proximity to one another for better hanging out potential.

Aged Genius

-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
codemonkey37179

^^

So codemonkey.

I don't know. I guess just Towns, but the decision is not up to me.

Aged Genius

Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179

Hey codemonkey since you talked a little more about neighborhoods in the GCD thread and how each town will have a different looking house I have a little question relating to that. Would I be correct in guessing that Buki did all the housing art for the Barton Town neighborhoods? Because if that's what Barton Town's going to look like then my friends and I in our Barton related guild are going to have some snazzy looking neighborhoods when we try and landlord near each other to keep us all in proximity to one another for better hanging out potential.

Buki, and one other artist worked on the houses, but I don't remember her username.

Time-traveling Senshi

codemonkey37179
Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179

Buki, and one other artist worked on the houses, but I don't remember her username.

Oooh you sneaky sneaky boy you. You're dancing around whether or not I'm right in guessing that's Barton houses. wink

Romantic Mage

16,725 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
codemonkey37179
-Yuui-TR-Flourite-
codemonkey37179

^^

So codemonkey.

I don't know. I guess just Towns, but the decision is not up to me.

Hmmm
I see.
I hope the name is changed to Towns.
That way.
It doesn't confuse the first timers on gaia.

O.G. Gaian

9,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Chibi Halo
codemonkey37179

Gem2niki is the other artist that helped designed some of the housing appearances as well as the neighborhood props you are seeing in the screen shot. 3nodding

Distinct Fairy

codemonkey37179
User Image

I LOVE this House!!!!! But I don't think "That Fountain" goes with the "Earthy, Faery Look of the House and Garden!!" And will We be able to be a Greedy Landlord and keep the area to ourselves? Because We want to live alone, or don't have many friends. If people only pick their friends and clicks, then some of us will be left out. Where will we go?

Koleda's Senpai

Fandom Trash

forrestfaery
codemonkey37179
User Image

I LOVE this House!!!!! But I don't think "That Fountain" goes with the "Earthy, Faery Look of the House and Garden!!" And will We be able to be a Greedy Landlord and keep the area to ourselves? Because We want to live alone, or don't have many friends. If people only pick their friends and clicks, then some of us will be left out. Where will we go?

User ImageUser Image User Image User ImageUser Image

By the sounds of it, anyone is able to be a landlord,
so you could "create" your 6-lot land, then invite friends if that's what you desire.
Seems like you would be able to have an area all to yourself if you wish. 3nodding
Does anyone know if we will have a option to change the style of our houses?
I like it but, it isn't really my style per say. It's kind of too greeny for me.

Aged Genius

Hayes28
I like it but, it isn't really my style per say. It's kind of too greeny for me.

Yes, yes you will.
codemonkey37179
Hayes28

Yes, yes you will.

User Image

Man-Hungry Loverboy

15,650 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

I love the old towns, its easy to use and i've met lots of good friends. But honestly, an update sounds pretty good, and from what I've seen it's starting to look really good. I do wish Virtual Hollywood was the same though, It's been almost empty since the update. But as time goes on, technology and ideas evolve too, so updating Towns sounds like it would be a great idea. Of course, older users are more accustomed to the original Towns (I've been on since 08 on my old account) and probably don't agree with updating one of the main points of Gaia, and unfortunately with Hollywood not the same as it was, if original Towns goes too, a lot of people might decide to leave Gaia. I myself wouldn't leave, but I hear a lot of people say that they would, and I know a few who left after Hollywood/rally got updated too.
Honestly, I'm really looking forward to the update, and it looks like its going to turn out really well! Good luck with finishing up the details and I'll be sure to check out your hard work once its finally complete and released~.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff