Welcome to Gaia! ::

Formal Elocutionist

Whoa! It takes alot longer to walk to places. Any reason why? It feels like I'm taking baby steps. xd

Oh, uhm... regarding lanterns in Towns 2 (the purple and gold ones as well as the ones to main buildings). Should they light up? They look like they should...

USS Washington's Husband

Smitten Codger

TINSTAAFL
Whoa! It takes alot longer to walk to places. Any reason why? It feels like I'm taking baby steps. xd

Oh, uhm... regarding lanterns in Towns 2 (the purple and gold ones as well as the ones to main buildings). Should they light up? They look like they should...
You can change your speed manually in the settings.

If the speed bar changes position while you walk, I think the shift key will set it back to your choice in speed.

Formal Elocutionist

Haruna Shirou
TINSTAAFL

If the speed bar changes position while you walk, I think the shift key will set it back to your choice in speed.

That's great news. I'm starting to feel like there should be a Towns tutorial. lol

Audwyn's Spouse

Shy Seeker

TINSTAAFL
Haruna Shirou
TINSTAAFL

That's great news. I'm starting to feel like there should be a Towns tutorial. lol

Lol. Don't they actually have something like that in Towns 1? xDDD
That person you talk to when you're at that starting screen place, with all the NPC's.

Formal Elocutionist

-WhiteAlbum-
TINSTAAFL
Haruna Shirou
TINSTAAFL

Lol. Don't they actually have something like that in Towns 1? xDDD
That person you talk to when you're at that starting screen place, with all the NPC's.

Yeah. And it was useful. Going immediatley into towns directory from there for the first time was a bit scary. I had no idea what to do at first.

Aged Genius

TINSTAAFL

I'm adding some lighting right now.

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
codemonkey37179
byv
codemonkey37179
Not the directory, no. The directory was good for finding a particular zip code. It wasn't so great for finding your friend or your friend's house. There will be a menu for going to a friends house, or searching for someone's house. You'll be able to link to your house for a meet up, or go hang out in the neighborhood outside.

Towns 1 can't continue. It should have been updated a long time ago.

I didn't use the directory for finding a friends house, I used it more-so to well, hop to different zipcodes. I used it to go from topic to topic, meeting new people, checking where people were crowded up, and then clicking that area to simply pop up there, it was kind of like a map that could warp me around.

Also concerning how large towns 1 is, I liked that aspect about it. Towns 1 is huge, so huge and nearly infinite that its endless, you could roam and roam and get lost, or you could be in a full crowded town on minute and go next door and it'll be empty until you went on for a while and found more new people.

I enjoy the aspect of being able to roam, and hop places using the directory rather than being...kind of in one area.

Also, I heard that towns 1 will be removed in around 2 weeks. Is it possible for us to have towns 1 around until the neighborhood features, and others are fully implemented into towns 2?

We won't remove towns 1 until the neighborhood features are complete. That will be in about 2 weeks.

Want to correct this as this is no longer the case. Towns 1 won't be removed until I'm satisfied most issues, missing features and concerns have been addressed. I intend to give Gaian's a full 1 month notice via announcement that Towns 1 is going to be removed before actually doing so. It's our hope that Towns 2 will be so awesome that when that time does come most will have already left it.

Aged Genius

Narumi Misuhara
codemonkey37179
byv
codemonkey37179
Not the directory, no. The directory was good for finding a particular zip code. It wasn't so great for finding your friend or your friend's house. There will be a menu for going to a friends house, or searching for someone's house. You'll be able to link to your house for a meet up, or go hang out in the neighborhood outside.

I didn't use the directory for finding a friends house, I used it more-so to well, hop to different zipcodes. I used it to go from topic to topic, meeting new people, checking where people were crowded up, and then clicking that area to simply pop up there, it was kind of like a map that could warp me around.

Also concerning how large towns 1 is, I liked that aspect about it. Towns 1 is huge, so huge and nearly infinite that its endless, you could roam and roam and get lost, or you could be in a full crowded town on minute and go next door and it'll be empty until you went on for a while and found more new people.

I enjoy the aspect of being able to roam, and hop places using the directory rather than being...kind of in one area.

Also, I heard that towns 1 will be removed in around 2 weeks. Is it possible for us to have towns 1 around until the neighborhood features, and others are fully implemented into towns 2?

We won't remove towns 1 until the neighborhood features are complete. That will be in about 2 weeks.

Want to correct this as this is no longer the case. Towns 1 won't be removed until I'm satisfied most issues, missing features and concerns have been addressed. I intend to give Gaian's a full 1 month notice via announcement that Towns 1 is going to be removed before actually doing so. It's our hope that Towns 2 will be so awesome that when that time does come most will have already left it.

I stand corrected. smile

O.G. Gaian

9,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
Obi Aoi
Buki
I made that house!!! *points*

It turned out beautiful, congratulations biggrin I also really love the little garden around it 3nodding

thanks smile

Interstellar Explorer

Buki
Obi Aoi
Buki
I made that house!!! *points*

It turned out beautiful, congratulations biggrin I also really love the little garden around it 3nodding

thanks smile

You're welcome smile

Formal Elocutionist

So do you guys have plans for Screaming Daggers?
Narumi Misuhara
codemonkey37179
byv
codemonkey37179

This is good news. It's better that it will be an official announcement as a lot of town users are still unaware of towns being closed (even with towns 2 being built). Although this will give users a chance to migrate over to the new towns and leave towns 1 ready for closer, what happens in the event of an up roar of users not wanting to move over with various objections to the new towns and wanting to keep the old towns? Are we likely to see an objective decision based on users 'wants' from the Gaia team, if people still arn't satisfied with the new town replacement when it's at it's final stages? or can we expect no democracy from Gaia HQ and force your users over to the new Towns? Of course, an uproar of users may not happen but in the event of it doing so can we see Gaia changing it's mind in closing the original towns even with all the 'known' issues with the system as it is?

Kairi Rora's Husband

Fashionable Visionary

17,000 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I- Seagul -I

This is good news. It's better that it will be an official announcement as a lot of town users are still unaware of towns being closed (even with towns 2 being built). Although this will give users a chance to migrate over to the new towns and leave towns 1 ready for closer, what happens in the event of an up roar of users not wanting to move over with various objections to the new towns and wanting to keep the old towns? Are we likely to see an objective decision based on users 'wants' from the Gaia team, if people still arn't satisfied with the new town replacement when it's at it's final stages? or can we expect no democracy from Gaia HQ and force your users over to the new Towns? Of course, an uproar of users may not happen but in the event of it doing so can we see Gaia changing it's mind in closing the original towns even with all the 'known' issues with the system as it is?

With every change there is always some uproar simply from that fact that change is occurring and change makes people uncomfortable. We will do our best to accommodate reasonable requests and changes but in the end the closure of Towns 1 is necessary and not really up for debate. It's not just a matter of what Gaian's want but also technical decisions based on keeping up with current technologies, the direction we want to go with the site, and our desire to integrate the Gaia world.

Audwyn's Spouse

Shy Seeker

Narumi Misuhara

Sounds very reasonable to me. ^^ Of course, if some Gaians are unreasonable, like one of my friends (I won't say who), they'll be like "No, ******** you! We want Towns 1!" = u =

Here's to hoping that everyone accepts Towns 2 when it completely replaces Towns 1. -holds drink up and clinks- o;
codemonkey37179
User Image

I always wanted a house like that in real life! crying I luvs you codemonkey~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out