Welcome to Gaia! ::

Good Idea?

Yes 0.40243902439024 40.2% [ 33 ]
No 0.59756097560976 59.8% [ 49 ]
Total Votes:[ 82 ]

I propose that they have a seperate password for their trade and market there for if a hacker does get in be cannot take any items of their choosing... this Idea came to me last night as many of my friends were hacked reciently and left gaia... now hwo does that make me feel? it right...pisses me off because 1) they lost theuir items 2) they left agaia 3) look at people now in fear if they are hackers... I hope Anyone that like my idea will reply and voice their opinion

Original Sex Symbol

If people can't protect on password, chances are they can't protect two. sweatdrop
True but if the hacker get into their main password it just makes it more difficult for the hacker to trade and sell your items

Original Sex Symbol

Axion McCloud
True but if the hacker get into their main password it just makes it more difficult for the hacker to trade and sell your items
It depends on how the hacker got the first password.

In many cases, "hackings" are just friends screwing over other friends... The "hacker" just got the password from their friend to borrow items or whatever, and then decided to steal items. Chances are if a person is stupid enough to give their friends one of their passwords, they will be stupid enough to give the person both passwords. neutral

Other hackings are the result of people getting their email hijacked. If the person's email is hijacked, the "hacker" can just request the person's password via the 'lost password' form.

Still other hackings are the result of malicious files being send to the hackee's computer. Those files can get one password if they can get the other. All in all, I don't see a seocnd password doing much in terms of Gaia security.

8,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Mark Twain 100
Minor setback...

The password e-mail. If we lose our passwords, we usually can get it e-mailed to us. How do you propose we can retrieve our marketplace passwords when:

arrow The hacker would have access to our profile page and could change the settings there.

arrow getting two e-mail addresses is a bit impractical

arrow the hacker could potentially get the marketplace password the same way they got the account password in the first place and wouldn't even have to get our account password to be able to hack our items--apparently the most important thing to people who leave after a clean-out hacking.
so either way my idea really was flawed hmm.. thank you everyone. I might have to pondering on a different idea to make gaia more safer . Thanks everyone mrgreen
im so sorry to hear that about your friends...yeah it must be depressing to loose everything in one day. especially when they worked so hard for it. sweatdrop i like the idea.
mule account has a few expensive items just incase i hate having to be worried if your account will be hacked

Dapper Fatcat

Unfortainatly this idea doesn't work when people are being gullable idiots and tell each other their passwords, and if they tell somone one, then that person probably told them about the other one.
Ok-ish idea, but I'd probably forget my other passwords.
I have to agree with jessyta.
thats a good idea my friend got hacked

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas