Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

Do you smoke?

NO! Disgusting... 0.82183908045977 82.2% [ 143 ]
Yeah... 0.17816091954023 17.8% [ 31 ]
Total Votes:[ 174 ]
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 >

Please take away the cigarettes, it's just promoting it. Smoking's dumb, let's keep Gaia as clean as possible.
I like the cigs. They give the avies a rather unique look. I don't smoke but I do support those who do, even though I would want them to stop.

Shrii's Husband

Quotable Genius

Oh my god. Having a cigarette as an accessory is not promoting the action.

Is it lit? No. it's not.

are our avatars actually SMOKING them? No. they're not.

it's nothing more than a simple accessory.
I would never buy one, but they shouldn't be taken away. People are allowed to do as they wish, no matter how poor the decision is. I'm not saying that smokers are stupid, but rather that they made a bad decision. It wouldn't be fair for the people who bought them and got them taken away, would it? And besides, it's not like they are smoking them.
we have thongs,we're not promoting prostitutes are we?
A. Yes, they're lit. Either you've never seen a lit one (thank goodness) or you're just not looking. The tip's red, it's lit.

B. Some avvies are smoking them, the ones with it in there MOUTH. Duh...

C'mon have a brain! How's it helping anyone if you smoke? Do you think it looks cool? Why would you start? ... Just quit. Stop smoking, it's not doing any one any good.
The Fire Monarch
we have thongs,we're not promoting prostitutes are we?

Nope. Prostitutes don't wear thongs (not all of them) actually, (obviously you've got no clue about prostitutes do you?) most prostitutes don't wear underwear.

Also, a lot of teenage girls who think they're cool wear thongs. Thongs aren't bad, uncomfortable, but they're not hurting any one. Don't be stupid, think before you speak please. 3nodding
LonelyCheza
A. Yes, they're lit. Either you've never seen a lit one (thank goodness) or you're just not looking. The tip's red, it's lit.

B. Some avvies are smoking them, the ones with it in there MOUTH. Duh...

C'mon have a brain! How's it helping anyone if you smoke? Do you think it looks cool? Why would you start? ... Just quit. Stop smoking, it's not doing any one any good.

No YOU need a brain. I don't smoke, and I don't recommend it but you can't force people to do as you wish. Be reasonable!
Silver Archangel
Oh my god. Having a cigarette as an accessory is not promoting the action.

Is it lit? No. it's not.

are our avatars actually SMOKING them? No. they're not.

it's nothing more than a simple accessory.
I agree. plus who are you to say what items should be here or not? and if peoplr want to smoke let them! You cant force people not to smoke lol

Garbage

And having cigarettes at truck stops promotes smoking! Anti-smoking sarcasm promotes smoking! Everything related to smoking promotes smoking!

I love the Cig & Smoker items. My grandfather died of lung cancer and cigarette smoke makes me sick - I even threw up at my boyfriend's graduation from all the cigar smoke. DISPLAYING an item in pixel-image form is not enough to qualify as "promoting" its use in the real world.

And as a matter of fact, I think smoking looks cool - in fictional images. Hercule and Eiri Yuki look cool when they smoke. My brother and his friends do not look cool when they smoke.

7,850 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I don't smoke. I don't like it when people smoke. I don't think people should smoke. Yet I sometimes equip my avatar with a cigarette. Why? Because they're pixels.

Let's give people some credit, shall we? People don't go out and get addicted to nicotine because "Hey, I saw it on Gaia, it MUST be good!"

Gaia is clean. It's just a silly item; all the items are silly in their own way.
They may promote it, but you act as if you don't have any free will..
The Fire Monarch
[comic]

Funny yet, highly unhelpful. She quit because she's strong and smart, unlike the smoker, who just committed murder and won't be seeing any one for a long time...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff