Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Seeker

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
So I know there are just a ton of threads at this point who describe what I'm about to say in much more detail, but.. I just wanted to add my voice to this while I still can.

I'm pretty disgusted with the way that marketing is being handled. Everyday there's a new gold generator. Constantly being spammed with ads about items on sale. The marketplace is ultra-inflated right now making it impossible for all the users to even get the avatars they want.

Gaiaonline is a community. And these new business practices are quickly dismantling this community.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sites/gaia-online

I'd like to see Gary Schofield removed as ceo, and these "Sales" stopped as soon as possible. Even though, I believe it's a bit too late to regain the users you've lost to this nightmarish business tactics.

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
It's easy to blame the biggest name we know since they don't give us any information (that's not GCash related, that is...). I'd just like a proper statement from Gaia where they finally adress all these problems and complaints:

1) Tell us WTF happened
2) Admit that you've made some really bad decisions
3) Let us in on what you're doing to solve this.

Or just be honest and say that you're not doing s**t. 'Cause then we'll at least know that this situation won't get any better, and I'll can leave in peace.
lol gaia has a subreddit wut

The thing that bothers me the most is that official Gaia staff or whatever never really communicate with us anymore... ever since they removed ATA.

If they won't stop this madness, can we at least be acknowledged by the staff...? I feel like there are faceless people who hover over us, studying our behavior and trying to see if they can integrate a cash sale into that...

Shy Seeker

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
Shadawn

The thing that bothers me the most is that official Gaia staff or whatever never really communicate with us anymore... ever since they removed ATA.

If they won't stop this madness, can we at least be acknowledged by the staff...? I feel like there are faceless people who hover over us, studying our behavior and trying to see if they can integrate a cash sale into that...

I have absolutely no idea what the staff is doing in relation to this. I do know that there are concerns with how things are being handled right now. Not sure why no one has come forward. I guess that would hurt profits if the staff was openly questioning the business practices of their company.

User Image

I mean, so we do know that is some outrage from the staff.

Wily Warlock

33,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Malice-Senpai
Shadawn

I have absolutely no idea what the staff is doing in relation to this. I do know that there are concerns with how things are being handled right now. Not sure why no one has come forward. I guess that would hurt profits if the staff was openly questioning the business practices of their company.

User Image

At least the staff is as upset as we are. From the comments here, it seems they don't really have a say in this. Does anyone?

Shy Seeker

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
MnTAL
Malice-Senpai
Shadawn

User Image

At least the staff is as upset as we are. From the comments here, it seems they don't really have a say in this. Does anyone?

Well, I thought I knew what a CEO was, was sort of like the main share holder, and general owner of a company. However, from this article, Gaia hired one?

User Image

So really, we don't even know who exactly "GAIA Online" is. Could the article be referring to admins that we known? Maybe previous CEOs? Or perhaps, the direction of Gaia online is determined by share holders.

Either way, time will tell us how Gaia will react. As the feed-back forum is just flooded by general hate and negative feed-backs for the latest of Gaia's actions.

Would be cool to know who actually calls the shots. Who made the decision to get this current ceo?

More importantly, what is going to be done about it? Part of me just hopes for the best, when like. The ceo retires, and we get some old staff back on top, and everything immediately goes into damage control mode.

Another part of me has already accepted that gaia is going to just die out one day. As sad as it may be, the gaia I once enjoyed has been stuffed under greed.

Wily Warlock

33,590 Points
  • Smooth Operator 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Malice-Senpai
Well, I thought I knew what a CEO was, was sort of like the main share holder, and general owner of a company. However, from this article, Gaia hired one?

User Image

So really, we don't even know who exactly "GAIA Online" is. Could the article be referring to admins that we known? Maybe previous CEOs? Or perhaps, the direction of Gaia online is determined by share holders.

Either way, time will tell us how Gaia will react. As the feed-back forum is just flooded by general hate and negative feed-backs for the latest of Gaia's actions.

Would be cool to know who actually calls the shots. Who made the decision to get this current ceo?

More importantly, what is going to be done about it? Part of me just hopes for the best, when like. The ceo retires, and we get some old staff back on top, and everything immediately goes into damage control mode.

Another part of me has already accepted that gaia is going to just die out one day. As sad as it may be, the gaia I once enjoyed has been stuffed under greed.
Unfortunately, I'm starting to agree with your other half...

Apocalyptic Rogue

21,100 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Cheercrusher 50
Gaia makes me cry now crying

Invisible Bibliophile

7,100 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
To me only the mods are listening to us, but they don't have the power to do a whole lot for us. And very few respond to us anyway. I just find it sad that Gaia, who has the best items of almost any avatar site I've seen (if you know better please redirect me there~) is going this way. It was fun earning avatar items, but now I have to sell items to get items. Posting in the forum earns me nothing anymore but then again I only hang out in the SF because other forums scare me for personal reasons.

Anyway, I too am curious who is really calling the shots here because I've heard so many rumors about it.

Demonic Kitten

I miss the old Gaia.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Malice-Senpai

"Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Where are you getting those quotes from?

"Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wagh’nagl fhtagn."
Lokun
It's easy to blame the biggest name we know since they don't give us any information (that's not GCash related, that is...). I'd just like a proper statement from Gaia where they finally adress all these problems and complaints:

1) Tell us WTF happened
2) Admit that you've made some really bad decisions
3) Let us in on what you're doing to solve this.

Or just be honest and say that you're not doing s**t. 'Cause then we'll at least know that this situation won't get any better, and I'll can leave in peace.
It's probably more fun for them to do their passive-aggressive thing and continue to ignore us. Then they can keep us guessing and watch with amusement while people get angrier and angrier. Meanwhile, they just keep figuring out new ways to soak more money out of us while they laugh all the way to the bank.

Shy Seeker

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
  • Millionaire 200
I'm now convinced that the staff of gaia is outraged at new management.

I doubt you'll actually see a staff member admit this however, since it could possibly mean being fired or something as bad.

Check out these Gems. Yeah, absolute outrage by a decent number of the staff.

This is from a website that keeps profiles on various companies. Current and previous employees can leave experience reviews. Also has a current CEO rating, and it's fairly up to date.

LINK

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

And my favorite review.

User Image

I always suspected that if people were to stop buying into the current business tactics, we would see some drastic changes.

So I guess, for all those people out there that are blaming gaia staff, it's actually due to upper level management, particularly the current CEO of gaia that are the main issues.

And in this case. If we want to fix this problem, we need to stop buying GaiaCash.

And there you go, all the pieces of the puzzle for anyone paying attention.

Questionable Genius

11,475 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Threadmaster 200
Malice-Senpai
I'm now convinced that the staff of gaia is outraged at new management.

I doubt you'll actually see a staff member admit this however, since it could possibly mean being fired or something as bad.

Check out these Gems. Yeah, absolute outrage by a decent number of the staff.

This is from a website that keeps profiles on various companies. Current and previous employees can leave experience reviews. Also has a current CEO rating, and it's fairly up to date.

LINK

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

And my favorite review.

User Image

I always suspected that if people were to stop buying into the current business tactics, we would see some drastic changes.

So I guess, for all those people out there that are blaming gaia staff, it's actually due to upper level management, particularly the current CEO of gaia that are the main issues.

And in this case. If we want to fix this problem, we need to stop buying GaiaCash.

And there you go, all the pieces of the puzzle for anyone paying attention.

This is the best, and at the same time scariest, thing I've read in quite a while...
Your favorite review is also my favorite. Let's hope that more people realize the real prize for GCash. The sooner the better.

Kawaii Spirit

Just FYI, anyone can write a review on glassdoor. You don't have to prove that you're an employee, they don't check anything.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff