Welcome to Gaia! ::

Impassioned Misfit

Gaia, this is unfair. This event is so laughably one-sided that it's unplayable unless a given user is able to get one of the Advocate items. It's not just unbalanced within the event itself, it's not just the ridiculous team ratio, it's EVERYTHING.

Angels are so few and far between that they die immediately. Unless you have mutiple wingpeople, you can't even heal more than once. So you get obliterated, heal once, and then can't do s**t for like five minutes, while you're getting killed again.

Once you get ten kills, you have to fight a boss. It's MANDATORY. Once you go to do it, you are ******** if you don't have an Advocate item. You may be able to get in attacks, but the boss' counterattack will murder you where you stand. But at least two of the limited supply of Advocate items are completely exhausted.

Once you beat one round of Switch'Em, you can't even make more tries to get more Soul Candies. This is awful once you can only fight a boss, because the only way left to even get ******** Candies is by hunting for them in forums, and they pop up ONE AT A TIME. They're not even a guaranteed appearance. They're uncommon, if not rare. So once you're at that point, you think, okay, I'll go buy an Advocate item from the marketplace!

Except you can't, because they're soulbound. That's a hole not even have an endless supply of Cash will get you out of. You're STUCK.

What the ********, Gaia? Did you not consider any of this? Did you intend to make this event as unenjoyable and enraging as possible? You really can't afford this now, considering the bullshit you've dragged us through in the past year. So, here are some suggestions on how to rework this event to at least make it playable.

x Make safe place forums for both factions that the other cannot enter. Like you've done for literally every event prior to this one.

x Make the Advocate items regular redeemable grants.

x Unlimit Advocate items. They're literally not accessible.

x Add decent qualities of Soul Candies to Soul Candy Redemption. Remove the pitiful sums of gold.

x Make it so that Switch'Em will give out Soul Candies no matter if you're on your first or fortieth playthrough.

x Separate healing from attacks. Make it so that you can heal thrice and attack thrice in a five-minute period.

x Make it so you can heal three times to match attacking's three.

x Make boss battles optional. Let us opt out of them if we so desire.

x Unsoulbind the Advocate items.

x Make the boss' health stay where it is. If you get one attack that does 20 damage in and then get killed, when you go back to fight it, it should still be missing that 20 HP.

x Make users who have been recently murdered untargetable for something around 10 minutes.

x Make posts expire. One user should not be able to attack another user from a forum post that's several hours old.

Fellow users/SFers: Please post in this thread if you have any suggestions, I will add them/reformat them into suggestions and credit you.

SF suggestions:
Yuekazehime
Plus a short immunity period after death and the ability to heal while dead, like last halloween had. I get slaughtered, but then I can't heal either? And the people who like healing get slaughtered and can't heal?

Reginald Orius
Another issue I'd like to address is how quickly the limited ran out. I live in Guam, so the event started while I was still asleep. After that I went to work, then I came home, and 2/3 of the limited items were already gone (as they are now). That's something I expect out of the Cash Shop, not a free event. Since I thought this event was much like the last one, I killed 10 people and now I'm stuck and the game is honestly unplayable.

Kerry Archer
I also remember a while back Vampires Vs Humans (And Vamp VS Human VS D.Elf VS Grombie) where you chose to switch teams, and there were perks depending on which team you were on. I also remember levelling up for stronger abilities and earning the items through levelling.

Seiji-ojisan
Another suggestion would be removing the attack back option for the last person to attack/kill you. It's horribly unfair to the smaller team. I attack 20 different demons, and there aren't enough angels to attack those same demons again. I will have those same 20 demons sniping me the entire event.

White Flag Idiot
It's too bad we couldn't have a choice to pick between a fighter and healer on each team, maybe give the healers a little more HP once they agree that's what they will only be doing and something like a slightly raised attack for attackers.

Teabo Milk Tea
And at least last year, we had gold potions for those of us unable or unwilling to pay cash for potions.The "last attacked" and "last killed" section also needs to go.

Flux
Remove gold from soul candy redemption. Why bother when you can get gold faster by playing Switch'em? Once I get an Advocate item, I should not be eligible to get the same one again. Targets that counter you need to not become untargetable, regardless of how many turns you have left.

TurtleJen
I think the prices for the middle options should be lowered (500k heal/1mil attack to like half of each of those if not a quarter of it). There needs to be a way to revive quickly without GC. Even a timer that revived you after like what 10 or so minutes would be better than being permanently dead. I want the option to heal myself like I heal others on my team.

St V-Starr
Event items are freebees for EVERYONE TO HAVE A FAIR SHOT AT GETTING!!!! Limiting and soulbinding them do not make them accessible.

Kitn Lefure
I also think they need to enact some coding that disables the attack/heal buttons under users' posts after the post is a certain age.

Velchosus
This event would be much better if there was an alliance system.
We're all fighting mini bosses, why can't it be one giant boss we have to actually team up against. That takes team work and cooperation from both sides and that actually gives us a challenge. Make some sort of plot twisting exciting move that'll make the users have to band together to survive against a boss they didn't see coming. Like a Colossal Jack, tearing down everyone, mods included, and his minions are the mini bosses we have to take down first to get to Jack in the end.

raggedy grrl
Just curious, why do we have "Easter Switchem" for Halloween?
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

EviCa
I'm giving up now, after the clicking the 1 million attack button, I died just before I clicked the button and lost the million into the void.*Throws table*
No more gold attacks, just no more.

Frothy
I would've liked it if my health could've regenerated on its own after a certain amount of time not playing, even if that rate was at a snail's pace. Dying over and over again, then waiting 24 hours to come back to zero health still is unbelievably frustrating.

Red October Archangel
I have a radical idea: Allow people to change their teams at will. Sides are for suckers.

Shy Bunny

19,965 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
As an Angel, I completely agree with this. It's the most ridiculous event that Gaia has ever hosted.
I was healed and up for one minute and got slaughtered again.

I feel that this event is more of sucking up all our Gaia Cash for useless consumables, I mean if they want to make it more to a gold-sink event prior to the kickstarter, they should priced in gold and not Gcash. I think that's the reason why it's one sided in the first place. It's not very newbie-friendly too. The attacks were priced at least one million - which is to newbies, a lot of a gold to them.

Disappointing event, Gaia. Beautiful art but lame concept and poor management. Angels vs Demons were overused in so many other games or possibly past events that they held.

Impassioned Misfit

Aeripoofs
As an Angel, I completely agree with this. It's the most ridiculous event that Gaia has ever hosted.
I was healed and up for one minute and got slaughtered again.

I feel that this event is more of sucking up all our Gaia Cash for useless consumables, I mean if they want to make it more to a gold-sink event prior to the kickstarter, they should priced in gold and not Gcash. I think that's the reason why it's one sided in the first place. It's not very newbie-friendly too. The attacks were priced at least one million - which is to newbies, a lot of a gold to them.

Disappointing event, Gaia. Beautiful art but lame concept and poor management. Angels vs Demons were overused in so many other games or possibly past events that they held.
I like the concept and art, but the execution and every other aspect is absolutely atrocious. At this point, I can't even wrap my mind around why they'd design it this way. Because even people who WOULD spend money to skip waiting periods and buy potions can't even get past the 10-kill boss to actually spend more Cash. Once you're there you're completely stuck. It's ridiculous. And I think the lowest priced attack is like 100k or something, the mid-tier is 1 mil. At least for demons.

God, there better not be price differences between sides...

I'm pretty sure this event was designed by a person with leeches attached to their hands and slugs resting over their eyes. The immense pain was probably quite a distraction.

Shy Bunny

19,965 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
X_Gokai-Okuzuko_X
I like the concept and art, but the execution and every other aspect is absolutely atrocious. At this point, I can't even wrap my mind around why they'd design it this way. Because even people who WOULD spend money to skip waiting periods and buy potions can't even get past the 10-kill boss to actually spend more Cash. Once you're there you're completely stuck. It's ridiculous. And I think the lowest priced attack is like 100k or something, the mid-tier is 1 mil. At least for demons.

God, there better not be price differences between sides...

I'm pretty sure this event was designed by a person with leeches attached to their hands and slugs resting over their eyes. The immense pain was probably quite a distraction.

I never got the chance to actually try to attack someone due to the amount of demons slaughtering Angels in sight. Healing centers for Angels seem useless now as you get killed when you're healed in one minute. The only options I saw was one million attack option and the other option in Gcash.
I hope it's just me being unable to attack.

The whole event seems lazily coordinated and organized.

Ruthless Vampire

40,500 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
I am playing the part of a demon for the event, doing a few humorous things to make the time pass and have fun but... yeah, ya know, this event totally sucks...

Main issues being: Advocate items rarely if ever granting (I redeemed about 2500 soul candies and not a single time did I get -one- advocate item) and the switchem stopping the candy after you beat a level - can't we at least get a 24 hour reset on that? Oh, and not to mention the fact everything costs either gold or gcash (mostly gcash) outside of a basic attack with as much chance of doing damage as a feather thrown against a brick wall.

Soulbinding has always been unpopular, it should be removed as soon as possible from the site PERIOD, events as well. If you want to handle the marketplace, put a cap on how much people can sell things for and don't soulbind it. This is what caused a lot of problems in the first place!

With all the glitches and rarities that shouldn't be rare its really a bad event, guys. You also should be able to switch sides since its so one-sided it isn't even funny now.

Fashionable Girl

32,675 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Storybook Royalty 500
I think I'm just going to pass on doing anything in this event. As an angel, by the time I notice I'm healed 10-20 points and rush to heal fellow angels, I'm dead by the time the pop up window loads. It's ridiculous.

Impassioned Misfit

Wes Von Helson
I am playing the part of a demon for the event, doing a few humorous things to make the time pass and have fun but... yeah, ya know, this event totally sucks...

Main issues being: Advocate items rarely if ever granting (I redeemed about 2500 soul candies and not a single time did I get -one- advocate item) and the switchem stopping the candy after you beat a level - can't we at least get a 24 hour reset on that? Oh, and not to mention the fact everything costs either gold or gcash (mostly gcash) outside of a basic attack with as much chance of doing damage as a feather thrown against a brick wall.

Soulbinding has always been unpopular, it should be removed as soon as possible from the site PERIOD, events as well. If you want to handle the marketplace, put a cap on how much people can sell things for and don't soulbind it. This is what caused a lot of problems in the first place!

With all the glitches and rarities that shouldn't be rare its really a bad event, guys. You also should be able to switch sides since its so one-sided it isn't even funny now.
I'm a demon, too. I feel bad because I was That Person a few times, but I'm done with this s**t as it is until it changes. It's SO unfair to angels what's happening.

Everything about this event is awful, but something I keep coming back to wondering: Why the ******** did they make the Advocate items so rare, in a RIG, limit their supply, AND soulbind them? What in Satan's sweaty ballsack is the purpose of even doing that???

Impassioned Misfit

Wizzardess
I think I'm just going to pass on doing anything in this event. As an angel, by the time I notice I'm healed 10-20 points and rush to heal fellow angels, I'm dead by the time the pop up window loads. It's ridiculous.
I'm not sure ridiculous is hard enough. Ludicrous, perhaps?

Impassioned Misfit

von Commandante
I and several friends are boycotting the event until fixed.
angel team
not posting.
This is a fantastic idea. Spread the word in any way you can. I'm not an angel, but I'm boycotting too.

Tiny Nerd

18,950 Points
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • Magical Gems 500
More people picked to be demons, whats the problem with that? Also i think they want to make events harder, the past few one's iv found piss easy and got bored in a day.

Helladic's Pardner

Destitute Noob

Got a mule on the angel team and I am not posting with it.
I refuse.
This is a serious let down. This event is not fun.

Ice-Cold Star

The fact that they incorporated Gaia Cash into the events is absolutely ridiculous and proves that they really do only view us as customers and not members.

I was really excited for this event but now I don't think I'm going to even bother participating.

Celestial Dreamer

61,850 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Yes, all that. Plus a short immunity period after death and the ability to heal while dead, like last halloween had. I get slaughtere, but then I can't heal either? And the people who like healing get slaughtered and can't heal? Come onnnnn

I got to play for a bit when I posted once and went about killing/attacking/healing. Then I died and haven't gotten enough health to play since...

Let Me Live's Significant Otter

Laureled Peacemaker

45,925 Points
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Peacekeeper 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500
Hey there, we spoke in my thread. Another issue I'd like to address is how quickly the limited ran out. I live in Guam, so the event started while I was still asleep. After that I went to work, then I came home, and 2/3 of the limited items were already gone (as they are now). That's something I expect out of the Cash Shop, not a free event. Since I thought this event was much like the last one, I killed 10 people and now I'm stuck and the game is honestly unplayable.

I definitely agree that the Angels need help. I didn't realize when I started just how bad off they were. I thought they were just like the Tanuki at the beginning of the Summer event, but I don't see how they'll even be able to pay at this point unless Gaia changes things.
That wizard came from the moon.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces