Welcome to Gaia! ::

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

S k a i l u r r
josiv
Better speak up, Gaia. Rumors might start to spread. Maybe they shut it down permanently, or plan to, hm? Maybe they are gonna slowly deactivate the whole site, piece... by... piece. Let's get this cleared up, Gaia.
(no wonder the cb has died i c u here)

Anyways, the rumour mill started and I wish they let us know ASAP. It's getting tiring how backhanded everything is lately.

Yeah I've been on a continuous effort to let people know what's going on/supporting some very good feedback threads here for the past couple months.

It's very backwards lately, and with no communication from up top, it just makes users more and more discontent. Things are shifting faster than I thought they would though, a lot more people becoming fed up with new management.
josiv
S k a i l u r r
josiv
Better speak up, Gaia. Rumors might start to spread. Maybe they shut it down permanently, or plan to, hm? Maybe they are gonna slowly deactivate the whole site, piece... by... piece. Let's get this cleared up, Gaia.
(no wonder the cb has died i c u here)

Anyways, the rumour mill started and I wish they let us know ASAP. It's getting tiring how backhanded everything is lately.

Yeah I've been on a continuous effort to let people know what's going on/supporting some very good feedback threads here for the past couple months.

It's very backwards lately, and with no communication from up top, it just makes users more and more discontent. Things are shifting faster than I thought they would though, a lot more people becoming fed up with new management.
It's been really ridiculous lately since I came back. I had a few mil pure from selling items and I come back, everything is in billions.

On topic though, any glitch the games were having weren't being responded to anyways. So I guess we play the waiting game. I'd say zOMG will take months due to lack of devs.

Animal Animal

27,350 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • 50 Wins 150
I hope they move the freebie granting NPCs to towns 2 while the maintenance takes place, some freebies are also used for alchemy and seeing how I don't think it will be possible to get recipes during the downtime this seems would be a good solution.

Angelic Strawberry

25,575 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
Well, I hope they lift the nerf! I understood why it was imposed a few years back, but Gaia's "financial climate" has changed drastically since then, it would have little negative effect if lifted, surely?!

Saxy Coder

Jenji-bean
Well, I hope they lift the nerf! I understood why it was imposed a few years back, but Gaia's "financial climate" has changed drastically since then, it would have little negative effect if lifted, surely?!
lol A lot of other people are mentioning that, but even if they did lift the nerf cap, I wouldn't go through the effort of trying to nerf.
It takes at least half an hour to get the usual 50k nerf... and let's say they raised it to Bootygrab's new cap of 500k -- that would mean 5 hours of nerfing.
My gosh, I think I would go insane after 2 hours.
Endless rounds of PS/SS/EB....

Fleur-Elise's Prince

Lonely Phantom

22,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
Lady Saxophone

I hate to say this but im just going to mention what everyone is thinking. Gaia doesnt give a crap about zomg and are probably either going to shut it down permanently, or say "we're still fixing it" 5 months after its taken down. Think about it, what is the "point" of zomg to them anymore?

1. They made an official statement that they wont update it anymore to the point they flat out abandoned the Buccaneer Boardwalk that was already in progress.

2. They got all the money they could out of it during the kamilia release

3. They already fired nearly all the staff who work on it

4. They capped the gold you can make at 50k a day to...stop market inflation . . . *gasping in laughter*.... so it's not like users can use it to make gold anymore (Unless they plan to update it by x1000ing the gold output? But thats INSANELY doubtful)

5. Its glitched out as heck and needs more maintenance than theyre willing to give it

And 6. Basically NO ONE uses it anymore (I used to love it but there's just no point anymore).

All this and more points me to the belief that this is just their little way of saying "Yea, we think zomg has outlived it's usefulness. It can't make us money so what's the point of it?"

And one last point, i got on zomg and played fine literally last week. There is no "critical problem" or at least none that theyd care about enough to fix. I just have a bad feeling about all this.

Salty Aggressor

Lady Saxophone
Jenji-bean
lol A lot of other people are mentioning that, but even if they did lift the nerf cap, I wouldn't go through the effort of trying to nerf.
It takes at least half an hour to get the usual 50k nerf... and let's say they raised it to Bootygrab's new cap of 500k -- that would mean 5 hours of nerfing.
My gosh, I think I would go insane after 2 hours.
Endless rounds of PS/SS/EB....

if they lift it like fully. I'll be a trillionaire in noooo time

Liberal Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Person of Interest 200
kauzu1
Lady Saxophone

I hate to say this but im just going to mention what everyone is thinking. Gaia doesnt give a crap about zomg and are probably either going to shut it down permanently, or say "we're still fixing it" 5 months after its taken down. Think about it, what is the "point" of zomg to them anymore?

1. They made an official statement that they wont update it anymore to the point they flat out abandoned the Buccaneer Boardwalk that was already in progress.

4. They capped the gold you can make at 50k a day to...stop market inflation . . . *gasping in laughter*.... so it's not like users can use it to make gold anymore (Unless they plan to update it by x1000ing the gold output? But thats INSANELY doubtful)

5. Its glitched out as heck and needs more maintenance than theyre willing to give it

And 6. Basically NO ONE uses it anymore (I used to love it but there's just no point anymore).

All this and more points me to the belief that this is just their little way of saying "Yea, we think zomg has outlived it's usefulness. It can't make us money so what's the point of it?"

And one last point, i got on zomg and played fine literally last week. There is no "critical problem" or at least none that theyd care about enough to fix. I just have a bad feeling about all this.

There are still people playing, in fact there are still new players. I play for fun not for gold anyway so I don't care about the cap. I'd just like some reassurance from the gaia admin that they are truly going to return the game online. In a reasonable amount of time.

Saxy Coder

kauzu1

Yes, I'm quite aware what the community is saying ^^; I frequent the z! forum often.
Just in reply to your points though...
  1. Buccaneer Boardwalk was released ;o I'm afraid the devs just didn't get to expand much on their basic layouts though due to downsizing.

2. They're still getting a constant income from people who buy power-ups. It's not much, but it's something.

3. Yes, all of our Devs are gone. Some were laid off, others simply left of their own free will because they obtained jobs else where. If you're interested in hearing more about what happened to our devs, please feel free to stop by our weekly dev meats c: Mavdoc runs these, and we occasionally have appearances from [ JK ] or other devs.

4. How to Make gold on zOMG! -- Even though the amount of "pure" gold you can earn from playing is pitiful compared to today's market, you can still make a killing by selling loot or recipes obtained only in-game.

5. Yup, you can see a list of all of its glitches in my first post. The reason there is no maintenance though is because we have no devs... so some of the staff might actually want to fix it but they just can't because they don't know how to.

6. I would have to disagree with you there. I go on it almost every day, and I know quite a few others who are regulars on it every day/week. True, most places are "empty" compared to how things were when it was first launched, but if you know where to go, you'll find a group of people to play with.

Yes, as a regular myself, I have no idea what this "critical issue" is... it might be some hidden cap for how many players can be logged in the game? Or something about quests? That's why it is listed as one of my questions in the first post.

Fleur-Elise's Prince

Lonely Phantom

22,275 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
Lady Saxophone
]

Sorry if i came across as rude, the whole situation between it becoming obsolete due to inflation/being left to rot by the higher ups for so long.

My comment about BB was the fact that, yea, its there, and they even sold early access passes. But thats all. They even gave a refund for the passes because they never plan on doing anything more with it. Its nothing but scenery with some animated. None of the buildings or games or transports were ever implimented. From what i theorize/have heard, it was going to be like a carnival with lots of minigames and such.

And my comment on the emptyness of it was due to two things. 1. I got on to do a smob run just for fun the other day and GB was a ghost town. and 2. Where as there were always 2-3 servers (sometimes 4 during events and such) there was only 1. I imagine this was because there werent many users around.

And im aware you can sell the loot/recipes for a lot, but also understand that in this economy, 10mil is pocket change.

Final note, your dev meats look really really fun. I cant attend due to work schedules but im glad to see people are still enjoying zomg. ^^: I used to play daily all the way up to killing Kamila a few times.

Salty Aggressor

kauzu1
Lady Saxophone
]

Sorry if i came across as rude, the whole situation between it becoming obsolete due to inflation/being left to rot by the higher ups for so long.

My comment about BB was the fact that, yea, its there, and they even sold early access passes. But thats all. They even gave a refund for the passes because they never plan on doing anything more with it. Its nothing but scenery with some animated. None of the buildings or games or transports were ever implimented. From what i theorize/have heard, it was going to be like a carnival with lots of minigames and such.

And my comment on the emptyness of it was due to two things. 1. I got on to do a smob run just for fun the other day and GB was a ghost town. and 2. Where as there were always 2-3 servers (sometimes 4 during events and such) there was only 1. I imagine this was because there werent many users around.

And im aware you can sell the loot/recipes for a lot, but also understand that in this economy, 10mil is pocket change.

Final note, your dev meats look really really fun. I cant attend due to work schedules but im glad to see people are still enjoying zomg. ^^: I used to play daily all the way up to killing Kamila a few times.

lol i make hundreds of millions-billions on selling the loot/recipes. 10mil is a huge understatement.

Invisible Friend

23,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Lady Saxophone
kauzu1

I think the "critical error" is the Silent NPC Glitch, it stops players from progressing with the story line and since most happenings of it are either in VG or Barton it defiantly a big turn off for new players and cripples interest from new players and keeping them hooked onto the game

Feral Kitten

19,575 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
THANK YOU!!! I have so many questions and Gaia has like forgotten about ZOMG since the announcement crying

Magical Mystic

When I found out they were taking it down for maintenance, the first thing that came to mind is that it's never going to be out of maintenance now. They've probably bricked it and are hoping that people will forget about zOMG so they don't have to waste time fixing it up.

Loving Ram

76,300 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
This an intensely important issue that we all need feedback on. I cannot upvote this enough.
We need answers, desperately. This is the most important game Gaia has.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff