Welcome to Gaia! ::

-l- bby gurl -l-

Make a few cute, pretty, or manly (what-have-you) cheap items and sell them individually for 25$ or make a bundle of 10 of them for 50? something where they are not asking for a lot, more people could afford them (rather than their 1000$ halo spree) and they would sell more. Also, make them available only for a limited time. Sell recolors for a lot cheaper. Get more sponsors, they could if they would look in the right places. Hell, make a store where people can buy real world items with real cash and ship it out to them. Things like shirts, plushies, slippers, ect. ect. There are way more things they could do rather than throw their hands in our pockets ASKING for spare change, notice how I said asking and didn't put that it was mandatory.

They can't just make a few "cheap items" and throw them in a bundle for that inexpensive of a price. Do you know how much it costs for them to hire the artists to draw these items? They have to price the items accordingly to make a profit and also earn back what they paid the artist. You seem to think that they have a bunch of cheap labor ready at hand, there are only a handful of artists for the site now and they aren't slaves. It's also not that easy to get sponsors, its not up to Gaia, it's up to the company they are trying to sponsor to give them the O.K. Gaia at one point years ago did have a real shop, where they sold AFK and OMG hats, keychains and plushies but it didn't do so well. If you've been here for as long as 2004 surely you would have remembered their shop where they had that kind of stuff? They did have T-shirts as well. The fact of the matter is they are doing what they can that is the most cost effective to them while bringing in profit. Do you even know how hard it is to run an actual factory to supply Gaia with slippers and keychains and Tshirts and all that? Where exactly would you expect Gaia to open up their sweatshop in an economy where they're already suffering? Back when they had the real shop the items were modeled by Ling and the gang, and they were made on a very small scale...Gaia isn't ASDA or Wal-Mart for goodness sake they don't have a sweatshop in China.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Harudaku
-l- bby gurl -l-

Make a few cute, pretty, or manly (what-have-you) cheap items and sell them individually for 25$ or make a bundle of 10 of them for 50? something where they are not asking for a lot, more people could afford them (rather than their 1000$ halo spree) and they would sell more. Also, make them available only for a limited time. Sell recolors for a lot cheaper. Get more sponsors, they could if they would look in the right places. Hell, make a store where people can buy real world items with real cash and ship it out to them. Things like shirts, plushies, slippers, ect. ect. There are way more things they could do rather than throw their hands in our pockets ASKING for spare change, notice how I said asking and didn't put that it was mandatory.

They can't just make a few "cheap items" and throw them in a bundle for that inexpensive of a price. Do you know how much it costs for them to hire the artists to draw these items? They have to price the items accordingly to make a profit and also earn back what they paid the artist. You seem to think that they have a bunch of cheap labor ready at hand, there are only a handful of artists for the site now and they aren't slaves. It's also not that easy to get sponsors, its not up to Gaia, it's up to the company they are trying to sponsor to give them the O.K. Gaia at one point years ago did have a real shop, where they sold AFK and OMG hats, keychains and plushies but it didn't do so well. If you've been here for as long as 2004 surely you would have remembered their shop where they had that kind of stuff? They did have T-shirts as well. The fact of the matter is they are doing what they can that is the most cost effective to them while bringing in profit. Do you even know how hard it is to run an actual factory to supply Gaia with slippers and keychains and Tshirts and all that? Where exactly would you expect Gaia to open up their sweatshop in an economy where they're already suffering? Back when they had the real shop the items were modeled by Ling and the gang, and they were made on a very small scale...Gaia isn't ASDA or Wal-Mart for goodness sake they don't have a sweatshop in China.
"For that inexexpensive of a price". $50 is inexpensive now?

Good lord, Gaia must have been absolutely throwing money away with their $10 bundles.

Sorry, couldn't resist

Sparkly Gaian

dragonmaster14
I have been a member since 2004. I have watched the ups and downs. But everything lately has been nothing but downs. Everything revolving around Gaia cash. Before we know it you will have to pay to even access the site. Now with the Club what ever it is "rewarding" people that spent a lot of cash to spend more cash is just crazy. I wouldn't want to even be in this "club" due to the fact that you have to spend 9999GC to get in. That is crazy. Gaia is reminding me of the very country I live in and it disgusts me. In America the rich get tax brakes while the middle class gets all their taxes taken. This is the same concept as reward the rich and take from the poor/middle class. It is really amazing what you guys have caused in such little time and how low Gaia has sunk to make some money. Well this was just a little rant of my frustrations. Now to go think about leaving the site for good since I feel there is nothing left for me to stay for. Have a great day/rest of your lives everyone!!!

I am confused by this post. We are not taxed in Gaia. And Club Verge is not taking anything away from those that do not spend Gaia Cash. Nothing is being taken away from a poor Gaian by having this store exist. I do not spend money on this site. Being a star is not a very lucrative job. I do not have money to spare. But I am not hurt by Club Verge. Your example is not the best choice of examples to be used. sweatdrop

Undead Enchantress

Saiph di Orion
dragonmaster14
I have been a member since 2004. I have watched the ups and downs. But everything lately has been nothing but downs. Everything revolving around Gaia cash. Before we know it you will have to pay to even access the site. Now with the Club what ever it is "rewarding" people that spent a lot of cash to spend more cash is just crazy. I wouldn't want to even be in this "club" due to the fact that you have to spend 9999GC to get in. That is crazy. Gaia is reminding me of the very country I live in and it disgusts me. In America the rich get tax brakes while the middle class gets all their taxes taken. This is the same concept as reward the rich and take from the poor/middle class. It is really amazing what you guys have caused in such little time and how low Gaia has sunk to make some money. Well this was just a little rant of my frustrations. Now to go think about leaving the site for good since I feel there is nothing left for me to stay for. Have a great day/rest of your lives everyone!!!

I am confused by this post. We are not taxed in Gaia. And Club Verge is not taking anything away from those that do not spend Gaia Cash. Nothing is being taken away from a poor Gaian by having this store exist. I do not spend money on this site. Being a star is not a very lucrative job. I do not have money to spare. But I am not hurt by Club Verge. Your example is not the best choice of examples to be used. sweatdrop
As a star, I think you actually lost a job opportunity. Your twin siblings are working at a Cash Shop, shouldn't you be working in Club Verge? I'm sad to say that you are the one real victim here.

Sparkly Gaian

Erynne
Saiph di Orion
dragonmaster14

As a star, I think you actually lost a job opportunity. Your twin siblings are working at a Cash Shop, shouldn't you be working in Club Verge? I'm sad to say that you are the one real victim here.

The income would be nice but there is so much anger toward the store, well, after the Fallen Wish fiasco, I am not keen to be the target of people's anger. sweatdrop And Gaia did not even let me know about the position so I could apply. Though I wonder if that overly large pug that does run the store receives a store discount. >_>

Undead Enchantress

Saiph di Orion
Erynne
Saiph di Orion
dragonmaster14

The income would be nice but there is so much anger toward the store, well, after the Fallen Wish fiasco, I am not keen to be the target of people's anger. sweatdrop And Gaia did not even let me know about the position so I could apply. Though I wonder if that overly large pug that does run the store receives a store discount. >_>
Flynn experienced the same when the CS first appeared. Your siblings had the right idea to wrest it from her a few years later when the shop became more mainstream. Something to consider in the future...as a star.

Sparkly Gaian

Erynne
Flynn experienced the same when the CS first appeared. Your siblings had the right idea to wrest it from her a few years later when the shop became more mainstream. Something to consider in the future...as a star.

It would be something to consider if they did not scare me. sweatdrop They are ruthless.
Valheita
Harudaku
-l- bby gurl -l-

Good lord, Gaia must have been absolutely throwing money away with their $10 bundles.

Sorry, couldn't resist

I'm sorry but what bundles are you referring to? The RIGS? Those are chance items, you aren't guaranteed a nice item at all, you are more likely to get something worth less than 60k, and doesn't have many nice poses than you are to get one of the rare very nice items. EI's are one item with multiple poses. The artist that makes the item also has a lot to do with the item's worth and overall success. They already make cheap bundles with so-so items that aren't very popular anyways. 50.00 is inexpensive for me btw, and a lot of people. I would rather buy one very good item with lots of poses for 50.00 than buy a bundle of crap for the same price. This is all Gaia Cash were talking about anyways, it in no way means you have to spend that much to get that item. Myself, and many others do offsite Trialpay offers. The last one I did I got 4500 worth of Gaia Cash for spending 7.00 through Trialpay. So your assumption that someone has to actually spend 50.00 to get 5000 GC is wrong.

Vicious Nerd

10,900 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Battle: Mage 100
Harudaku
Valheita
Harudaku
-l- bby gurl -l-

Sorry, couldn't resist

I'm sorry but what bundles are you referring to? The RIGS? Those are chance items, you aren't guaranteed a nice item at all, you are more likely to get something worth less than 60k, and doesn't have many nice poses than you are to get one of the rare very nice items. EI's are one item with multiple poses. The artist that makes the item also has a lot to do with the item's worth and overall success. They already make cheap bundles with so-so items that aren't very popular anyways. 50.00 is inexpensive for me btw, and a lot of people. I would rather buy one very good item with lots of poses for 50.00 than buy a bundle of crap for the same price. This is all Gaia Cash were talking about anyways, it in no way means you have to spend that much to get that item. Myself, and many others do offsite Trialpay offers. The last one I did I got 4500 worth of Gaia Cash for spending 7.00 through Trialpay. So your assumption that someone has to actually spend 50.00 to get 5000 GC is wrong.
You've read a lot about my post that I never typed.

My point was merely how ridiculous it was that you were stating that a $50 bundle wouldn't be enough to pay the artists when Gaia has been fine with $10 bundles till this point. (The bundles I was referring to, incidentally, were the EI ones. RIG bundles slipped my mind completely)

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff