Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wealthy Millionaire

I have been a member since 2004. I have watched the ups and downs. But everything lately has been nothing but downs. Everything revolving around Gaia cash. Before we know it you will have to pay to even access the site. Now with the Club what ever it is "rewarding" people that spent a lot of cash to spend more cash is just crazy. I wouldn't want to even be in this "club" due to the fact that you have to spend 9999GC to get in. That is crazy. Gaia is reminding me of the very country I live in and it disgusts me. In America the rich get tax brakes while the middle class gets all their taxes taken. This is the same concept as reward the rich and take from the poor/middle class. It is really amazing what you guys have caused in such little time and how low Gaia has sunk to make some money. Well this was just a little rant of my frustrations. Now to go think about leaving the site for good since I feel there is nothing left for me to stay for. Have a great day/rest of your lives everyone!!!

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

i'm getting uber tired of people starting posts with "I've been here since ____" How long you've been here has nothing to do with anything.

And the only thing I want to address in your post is that gaia isn't TAKING anything from "the middle class". If you spend enough to get the PERKS of getting into the shop, if you don't spend Cash why the hell would you want in anyways? It doesn't benefit you. Gaia doesn't run on rainbows and hugs and grunny pee like people think they do.

Wealthy Millionaire

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
i'm getting uber tired of people starting posts with "I've been here since ____" How long you've been here has nothing to do with anything.

And the only thing I want to address in your post is that gaia isn't TAKING anything from "the middle class". If you spend enough to get the PERKS of getting into the shop, if you don't spend Cash why the hell would you want in anyways? It doesn't benefit you. Gaia doesn't run on rainbows and hugs and grunny pee like people think they do.

While the middle class is still spending money on GC and not getting any rewards for it. So yes they are losing something. The ability to be in this "club". Also the only reason I stated that I have been here since 2004 is to show that I have been here for most of the ups and downs. Not that I should be treated different than any other user because of being here for so long. It was my choice to stay. I did so because I wanted to not to get any special treatment. Everyone is going to have a different opinion about the situation but, this isn't just about this "Club" it is about how greedy Gaia has gotten.

Healing Healer

17,400 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
You never know when Gaia will add perks for all who spend Cash, no matter how little. This particular feature that they rolled out first caters to those who've spent a lot, and imo there aren't that many perks right now. We get an expensive shop, a guild, a couple free items, the opportunity to get our avi's drawn (it's a contest and nothing is guaranteed - most who buy something from the store will not win) and that's about it at this moment in time. Trust me, you're not missing anything.

Hallowed Shapeshifter

Yes Gaia... how dare you be like any other business in this world and attempt to make money. Shame on you for actually employing people and then wanting to pay their wages instead of forcing them to do it all for free.

And I am utterly disgusted with you that you actually make all these cash items optional... instead of forcing us to buy them.

CrackedJewel's Fangirl

Naughty Nerd

dragonmaster14
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.

While the middle class is still spending money on GC and not getting any rewards for it. So yes they are losing something. The ability to be in this "club". Also the only reason I stated that I have been here since 2004 is to show that I have been here for most of the ups and downs. Not that I should be treated different than any other user because of being here for so long. It was my choice to stay. I did so because I wanted to not to get any special treatment. Everyone is going to have a different opinion about the situation but, this isn't just about this "Club" it is about how greedy Gaia has gotten.

You could spend $10 every month and would get the perks of being able to go in the club. :/ That's not a lot of money and a middle class peasant, as you're making it sound, would be able to afford it even with bills and school and children.
So no, actually, they aren't. and the ability to get into the club is only useful to people willing to spend $50+ at one time. SO normal users have ABSOLUTELY NO USE for this store. They'd see it, go "lol no way jack" and exit. So gaia is saving them that step and making is available for users who will most likely buy.

greedy? Aha. no. This isn't them being greedy, this is them being a business and encouraging people to spend $10 a month ($100 in 12 months, really) so they can gain access to a store. It's a perk. A little "hey, this is cool and we appreciate you, here, if you want you can spend more on this cool stuff, too!" How day they make OPTIONAL cash shop items, right?

Perks for users who DON'T spend GC are on the way. :/

Fashionable Genius

Gaia needs people to spend money to stay in business. You like being on Gaia? If nobody donated any money, it would be gone. And then where would all of you whiners go? rolleyes

Fashionable Genius

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
dragonmaster14
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.

You could spend $10 every month and would get the perks of being able to go in the club. :/ That's not a lot of money and a middle class peasant, as you're making it sound, would be able to afford it even with bills and school and children.
So no, actually, they aren't. and the ability to get into the club is only useful to people willing to spend $50+ at one time. SO normal users have ABSOLUTELY NO USE for this store. They'd see it, go "lol no way jack" and exit. So gaia is saving them that step and making is available for users who will most likely buy.

I don't see why they should. They don't contribute anything finacially.

Fashionable Genius

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.

^this this this this

Hilarious Streaker

6,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200
dragonmaster14
I have been a member since 2004. I have watched the ups and downs. But everything lately has been nothing but downs. Everything revolving around Gaia cash. Before we know it you will have to pay to even access the site. Now with the Club what ever it is "rewarding" people that spent a lot of cash to spend more cash is just crazy. I wouldn't want to even be in this "club" due to the fact that you have to spend 9999GC to get in. That is crazy. Gaia is reminding me of the very country I live in and it disgusts me. In America the rich get tax brakes while the middle class gets all their taxes taken. This is the same concept as reward the rich and take from the poor/middle class. It is really amazing what you guys have caused in such little time and how low Gaia has sunk to make some money. Well this was just a little rant of my frustrations. Now to go think about leaving the site for good since I feel there is nothing left for me to stay for. Have a great day/rest of your lives everyone!!!

Gaia is now a dirty little hooker flashing her wares and going spend money on me I love you till the next big store come out then I love who ever else pay me most money.
Also a big fu to those who complain about oh I have been a member since.... older members have a right to complain without us Gaia wouldn't have gotten off the ground because it wouldn't have had users in its early years, so show us some freaking respect, of course we are pissed we remember when this site was a cute anime forum site and when the fishing game was god, so dont b***h a us for hating the cash whore its become.

Self-sustaining Simp

dragonmaster14
Now to go think about leaving the site for good since I feel there is nothing left for me to stay for. Have a great day/rest of your lives everyone!!!

Why is there nothing left to stay for? Nothing has been taken away, they've just added optional expensive cash items for avatars. You acknowledge that being able to buy more expensive items isn't any kind of a reward and yet you think Gaia is robbing the poor to feed the rich...Well how?

I can't afford the big-money cash items, so I'll stick to spending what I can afford on items I want to buy - if there's nothing I want in my price-range I won't buy anything until there is. If you're in the same situation, then why not do the same(or not spend at all, if that's what suits you)? None of this has to affect your enjoyment of Gaia at all, you can still do everything you enjoyed doing before.

I'd be sad to see someone leave over some expensive cash items, I hope you decide to stay.

Zephyr Ceferino's Princess

Fluffy Kitten

.~[Misty.Muffin]~.

The more I think about it, I think Gaia probably should have waited until they did have something for non-GC people to introduce with Club Verge.

It says a lot to people that we now have this elite shop for people who spend the money, and everyone else gets an "Oh, we'll get to you later." How much later? Considering what's happened to other things that didn't make Gaia enough money in the past how do we know "later" won't keep getting pushed off until its "never?"
If you don't care about club verge or want to be a part of it then why are you even bothered in the slightest about the cost to get in or bothered at all to make this thread? It's like a real night club except, not real and for Gaian's that are rich. Ever been to a real night club? Rich and VIP get in first, everyone else get's to wait outside in a big line unless they can bribe the bouncer with a couple big ones. Businesses will 99% of the time always put their highest paying customers before others, it's the way of the world. Ever been to a really fancy hotel? If you buy their average room then it's all good. If you spend the night in their luxury suite however you get free room service, a private pool, back rubs, access to spa, gosh you name it. Gaia is in effect doing the same thing here except not as good because the high payers don't even get anything special or any free treatment, they get access to a shop where they get to spend more, oh gee that sounds really VIP and special doesn't it? Spend money to gain access to a shop where you just spend more money, yeah I'd be pretty jealous too. ^^;

I'll also add, because I'm not living in North America I never got access to Mecha Neko...and never will either. I don't care, I have the MP to turn to, these shops mean nothing to me!

Wealthy Hoarder

Elizabeth of York
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.
dragonmaster14
.~[Misty.Muffin]~.

I don't see why they should. They don't contribute anything finacially.

Not true. I spend $25 dollars a month (or less) and I got in.

So you do not have to spend it all in one sitting.

Now, onto topic.

Op: You're not missing much. Go to the mp. You will have to spend gold but oh well.

Original Gaian

what about the poor people who are on disability or welfare or other social problems who come here to forget there problems AND cannot spend there money because they cant afford to
and then they find out they gotta spend that money on gaia to do things AND buy things
it is like saying we will rob anyone to get our money for the website
SHAME ON GAIA ONLINE
i am not saying i am gonna quit over this but it might make the decision easier in the near future to do so if i wanted too

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff