Welcome to Gaia! ::

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
You've got the future on your side,
you're gonna be fine now...

So I went into Rallies to spin my wheel for the day.

And then I saw this:

User Image

I was like "Okay. Its someone being stupid."

So I spun the wheel, and it landed on the raffle ticket and said I got one...

... and then the "wheel" told me to click to get the ticket (no blue link or anything, just a word bubble). Warily, I did so. I was redirected to a white page (in the Rally window) with some weird silver logo and a continue button (which I forgot to screen cap) and when I clicked Continue it took me to a login page.

I put "You're a f** scammer" and "hahahaha" into username/password thing. and when I hit log in it took me to a 'page' that was my avatar and gold amount. Pretty snazzy.

Obviously a scam. Even though I never typed my password, I went and changed it anyway.

So, guys, be wary of the scam. For those who haven't gotten a raffle ticket yet it looks pretty realistic...

I don't know how to report a friggin' prize wheel... so... EDIT: Nevermind. I found "it" in username search. Reported.

Plastic Sporks:
- Talking prize wheels
- Stupid people who take the time to 'hack' into the system to get your goldz.
- random weird scam attempts.

(My first thread in the GCD failed, so I expect this one to, also... sweatdrop )
I know whatever you decide,
you're gonna s h i n e . . .
People have been reporting that today. I had a word bubble with large, annoying pictures yelling about how I was an idiot when I spun. gonk

Good on you for not giving up your password!

Bloblike Cutie-Pie

Wow. I really hope that doesn't happen to me. D:

Who ever is doing this needs to be punished. >.<
I saw one bubble saying "*name* wins a ticket to hell". I couldn't help laughing xd , but yeah, just one of the reasons I avoid rallies and populated towns.

Tiny Chibis's Partner In Crime

God Eater

I had this when I went to Rally today. I was like WTF? I got shades though emo

icetears's Princess

Bratty Witch

24,825 Points
  • Just Cute Witch Things 500
  • Live Fast! Die Garish! 500
  • Team Kitten Star 75
I just make my own room and spin it so no one will be there to script it
That's quite funny.
Woah I never knew you could get scammed even through rallies o.o
I'm going to create my own rooms then because I always click "find me a room"
wow I heard about the hacking on rally, but didn't know it was like that

Barton Sweetheart

....So let me get this straight some hacker did that for gold? That's just somthing I'll never understand no matter how long I stay here. It's not real gold it's not real money nothing here is real but you try to scam people out of stuff becuase...?

The talking wheel now THAT I would laugh. Not had any werid scam attempets apart form the PM I got the other day.

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Cutesi
I just make my own room and spin it so no one will be there to script it

That's what I'll be doing from now on, that's for sure! haha

5,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
Zealand_Aquarius

....So let me get this straight some hacker did that for gold? That's just somthing I'll never understand no matter how long I stay here. It's not real gold it's not real money nothing here is real but you try to scam people out of stuff becuase...?

The talking wheel now THAT I would laugh. Not had any werid scam attempets apart form the PM I got the other day.

People who hack users here on Gaia are generally just mean and greedy people who want their gold/items the easy and illegal way: by stealing them.

Yes, They are so low as to steal PIXELS.

That's what disgusts me the most about them. Why go through all that trouble to get PIXELS. Especially when there's like a 99% chance you'll get caught anyway.
Thanks for the heads up. Just the other day when I was in rally I saw some people scripting some funny images into the wheel but I haven't seen that phishing attempt you mentioned yet.

Cute's Compadre

Philanthropic Tycoon

I just got that on a mule and almost fell for it since mine was the prize wheel and said you had to click the speech bubble to get the item.

Shy Borg

I knew it was only a matter of days before someone hacked the wheel trying to be all cool. Jesus, and people say I don't have a life.

Yes, well I've won the Raffle two times to know it doesn't ask you to go anywhere. XD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff