< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

The Red Pocky Box's Partner In Crime

Swashbuckling Shapeshifter

30,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • Cheerleader 200
BASKET OF GOODIES ITEM

They are selling this sucker in packs of up to 48. They mix the items in with the "chance to win 1 billion gold".

At this point they are forcing gold down people's throats. Want the new items we're releasing? Too bad. You have to buy this gold generator to have a chance at them. Just like the apprentice chance. There was something I really wanted but I can't get them, because the gold grants are like mines in a crazy gold-exploding Gaia-version of minesweeper and I refuse to buy generators.

Please stop. Please.

Widower

Smitten Mage

44,775 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • New Fan 50
  • Team Moira 200
User Image {I'm not touching any of those Gold Generators. Hate 'em with a passion. 8/

Lonely Streaker

I was actually about to post a thread about the same issue. I was inactive for about a year and rich when I left and now I'm pretty damn poor I think. I used to sell dolphins for 80k last year and a now they're going for 8 mil. That's 100 times the price it was roughly a year ago.

I sell art and I like to think I'm not bad at it, so I typically can make what I consider a lot of gold fast. I really can't keep up with this inflation though and it's driving me crazy that I have no idea what appropriate pricing is. I used to sell head shots for like, 2 mil last year, and today I'm getting offers of 700 mil. My art isn't better than it was last year. I'm using the exact same samples. I have no idea what's going on.

it won't be long until we get to numbers I can't even read.

This issue really needs to take a high priority.

I feel like I'm in Zimbabwe.

Aged Humorist

Aniew
I know this feel. There is WAY too much gold available. They need to implement some kind of donation gold sink that gives good items or something to lower the amount of available gold. I'm pretty sure the available gold is reaching the 1 trillion mark... That is ridiculous. I miss the mid 2000's when gold was worth something.

Tenacious Glitch

24,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Newbie Helper 100
Thank you for posting this. You might want to include indeed.com for employee reviews since it is a more credible source. I'm at the point that I just want to have a community feel again to the site despite the inflation problems. It's like a cash shop item won't guarantee me a new friend and I come to talk to people not do solitary activities. So vending and using cash shop are extremely boring activities and only a small part of what makes Gaiaonline the social site that it is.

Dapper Nerd

It's gotten to the point that once you've saved up for an item, bam! Three days later it's more pricey by another several HUNDRED million. Same with commissions. I accept a commision, enough to buy something I'm questing once I've finished the art, then bam! By the time I finish, my pricing was already outdated and I literally cannot afford anything unless I cave in and buy GC (as of now, I still maintain my "never bought GC" but who knows how much longer till I cave). This new 3 bil payout from Make it Pour scares me.

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

oh god im in love with this thread

reviali's Waifu

Sparkly Fatcat

27,025 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Team Kitten Star 75
Spoggly
It's gotten to the point that once you've saved up for an item, bam! Three days later it's more pricey by another several HUNDRED million. Same with commissions. I accept a commision, enough to buy something I'm questing once I've finished the art, then bam! By the time I finish, my pricing was already outdated and I literally cannot afford anything unless I cave in and buy GC (as of now, I still maintain my "never bought GC" but who knows how much longer till I cave). This new 3 bil payout from Make it Pour scares me.

bloody mary went from 50 mil to the trillion mark -,-
no way im getting it now >3>

and it's funny since there's a huge rift between the varying classes

Dapper Nerd

Kyorukki
Spoggly

bloody mary went from 50 mil to the trillion mark -,-
no way im getting it now >3>

and it's funny since there's a huge rift between the varying classes

Yep. Some stuff on my wishlist are just that now: wishes and dreams. I feel like I'm in a wartime economy: gold/currency gets you nothing much. Agree on the rift thing. @__@ I've seen some people with several halos, they could probably buy hundreds of other gaians' invos combined.

30,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • Cheerleader 200
MAKE IT POUR

You can get these little terrors alone or in sets of 6, 12, 24, 48. And what do they give? THREE billion gold. I personally see it as being two ways:

First way: The company no longer looks at any posts made by anyone that uses the website.

Second way: They know exactly how everyone feels, since it's not a secret and it's leaked way beyond just the Feedback forum, and have chosen to ignore it completely.

I really don't find comfort in either of these explanations. It also has really bothers me that they are selling them in such large quantities. Someone shelling out for 48 of these things is going to have a massive of a lot of gold in the end and because of that the gold is going to be more worthless.
The more they give out the LESS it's worth. I feel like I need to shout this to anyone still buying these items:

THE MORE YOU BUY GOLD GENERATORS THE LESS YOUR MASSIVE AMOUNTS OF GOLD ARE WORTH!!

Gaia, I can't believe that this is for nothing. It looks to everyone like you are purposefully hammering the economy down into the ground. Please explain to us what's going on. We don't need gold/cash to have community, but the feeling of community is getting lost under the frustration of feeling ignored. (Especially because there was such an amazing feeling of community before-including the staff as well as the users)

30,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • Cheerleader 200
Scobre
Thank you for posting this. You might want to include indeed.com for employee reviews since it is a more credible source. I'm at the point that I just want to have a community feel again to the site despite the inflation problems. It's like a cash shop item won't guarantee me a new friend and I come to talk to people not do solitary activities. So vending and using cash shop are extremely boring activities and only a small part of what makes Gaiaonline the social site that it is.

Thanks for the heads up. I looked at indeed.com. Unfortunately I could only find two reviews on Gaia's page and one is from 2012. I'll definitely be keeping a watch on it though!

Phantom

how about we make something like a petition where we group a number of gaians to not log in gaia for a specific period and let's see how they react?

because once people buy GC, it will go to their revenue.
and if we group up to not log in gaia over specified period of time, the MP will or might deflate. hence their revenue decreases.

just saying.

30,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • Cheerleader 200
passworrd
how about we make something like a petition where we group a number of gaians to not log in gaia for a specific period and let's see how they react?

because once people buy GC, it will go to their revenue.
and if we group up to not log in gaia over specified period of time, the MP will or might deflate. hence their revenue decreases.

just saying.

It's a noteworthy idea. I've also seen people trying to organize a boycott on buying cash items. I think these are both things that might get Gaia's attention.

The log off idea might work better since there are a lot of auto-cash subscribers, and there is nothing wrong with that. No one here WANTS Gaia to fail. In fact-the reason that we are all so upset it that we want it to succeed and stay a nice place to visit.

30,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • Cheerleader 200
Some positive thoughts:

While I still didn't like the random NPC spamming during Easter, it was nice that they toned it down from the abrasive, unrelenting Diedrich posts from April 1st.

I am elated to see that the announcements have gone down. There are still entirely too many, and yes there were 6 just yesterday, but they aren't pumping out 9-12 a day anymore. With any luck this trend will continue.

Does this mean they are starting to listen to the community or is it just a lull? I'm hoping for the best and choosing to be optimistic.

Now if only the weather forecast gold-generators would bite the dust we'd be better off (=.

30,375 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Dig Dig Dig! 250
  • Cheerleader 200
SPOT ON ITEM

I've taken to ignoring most of the announcements since they flood (though as mentioned, not as much as they used to) and I'm just sick of seeing Jet and Cygnus.

Anyway today we have Spot On. An ironic name for an item that is continuing the terrible trend. What is it this time? Do I hear 5 billion? Yes I do. Good God. There really doesn't seem to be an end...at all. If you feel like basically dropping a 20 they're also selling these in the 48-per set as has been the recent trend.

I recently saw something that has been circling where someone sent in a complaint to the Gaia staff and the response they received was blaming the users for the inflation. I am hesitant about whether this is true or fabricated. Either way, the statement that gold generators are NOT a problem is incorrect.
However we CAN help stop it by not buying them anymore. I don't believe that people should stop spending on Gaia, just on the things that generate gold. This won't go away otherwise.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff