Welcome to Gaia! ::

1 100.0% [ 230 ]
Total Votes:[ 230 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 21 22 23 >

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I don't understand why every time people ask for masculine items some users ask us to be 'specific' and yet there are plenty of threads with specific examples of outfits.

It's unfair that the female base has sooooo many choices and most of those items don't look weird on it.

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
pirhan
I was very disappointed that the Dark Omen didn't even try to have a male counterpart. I'm disappointed that there is an over abundance of pastel colours, overly frilly dresses and those weird tiny feet. I'm disappointed that most masculine items go down the dark/gory/ugly road instead of simply tasteful and thoughtfully made counterparts to the feminine items.

As someone who uses a female avatar this bugs me too!

Pastel colours bore me.

I'm not in the frilly.

And feet should be big enough to carry the person walking on them!

It's trousers for me, Gaia seems to have a huge problem with designing male trousers.

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
pirhan
I was very disappointed that the Dark Omen didn't even try to have a male counterpart. I'm disappointed that there is an over abundance of pastel colours, overly frilly dresses and those weird tiny feet. I'm disappointed that most masculine items go down the dark/gory/ugly road instead of simply tasteful and thoughtfully made counterparts to the feminine items.

neutral

But the male counterparts to the female items are all gentry tea time stuff.

No want! gonk

Gaia could start off with some cool sports stuff.....like boxing or some MMA madness! They could make mods that show some action moves...give us some cool sports arenas/rings....give us some referee clothes and speech bubbles....give me a Michael Buffer quote somewhere in there or something. Give me a flippin Football! gonk

Decayin[g]_Sou[l]'s Significant Otter

Demonic Hellhound

Ping of Death
I don't understand why every time people ask for masculine items some users ask us to be 'specific' and yet there are plenty of threads with specific examples of outfits.

It's unfair that the female base has sooooo many choices and most of those items don't look weird on it.
I know. That's why I'm planning on making a sister thread to this with just item suggestions.

The problem with item suggestion threads that aren't feminine items is that they fall off the front page so quickly because of the lack of support from regulars of the SF, and a lot of users who make them give up after a few weeks of bumping with absolutely no results in subsequent item releases.

But there's been an influx of pro-masc item threads lately so I'm hoping if I make a new item suggestion thread, it'll get some good attention and stay on the front page easily. 3nodding

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
You have my support. Male avatars need love too.

Phantom

RIGHT HERE WITH YA BRO

Revered Plague

35,450 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The Body Farm
Ping of Death
I know. That's why I'm planning on making a sister thread to this with just item suggestions.

The problem with item suggestion threads that aren't feminine items is that they fall off the front page so quickly because of the lack of support from regulars of the SF, and a lot of users who make them give up after a few weeks of bumping with absolutely no results in subsequent item releases.

But there's been an influx of pro-masc item threads lately so I'm hoping if I make a new item suggestion thread, it'll get some good attention and stay on the front page easily. 3nodding
Looking at the responses in this thread, I'm sure you'll still get plenty of support.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
As always, more availability, diversity, and choice in masculine items are appreciated by me. I, too, get disappointed sometimes when I see the designated "male" items of some MCs turn out to be armor. Armor is nice, but it's not the only thing guys like.

A pair of distressed jeans would be nice. An updated pair of motorcycle boots. Hell, the Dangerous Denim would've been perfect if it didn't do stupid things to my legs and shrink them down ridiculously.

We actually do give plenty of examples of what we'd like to see made for male bases. In fact, since those of us who want more masculine items are placed with a much heavier burden of "pics/examples, plz" than those who request feminine items, we more than often make damn sure to include specifics.

So... seriously, I don't see why the requests seem to get skirted over so often. (Bad choice of words, I know.) But I have to say, I'm extremely excited to see so much support for more balance in items lately. For a long time I felt like I was the only one really pushing for it, and with so many other people making their own threads, and those threads getting a LOT of support, I'm feeling really encouraged. There are more people not only seeing the inequity but actually acknowledging it, and even better, challenging it. Thank goodness for threads like this.

Demonic Hellhound

Bleeding Apocalypse
As always, more availability, diversity, and choice in masculine items are appreciated by me. I, too, get disappointed sometimes when I see the designated "male" items of some MCs turn out to be armor. Armor is nice, but it's not the only thing guys like.

A pair of distressed jeans would be nice. An updated pair of motorcycle boots. Hell, the Dangerous Denim would've been perfect if it didn't do stupid things to my legs and shrink them down ridiculously.

We actually do give plenty of examples of what we'd like to see made for male bases. In fact, since those of us who want more masculine items are placed with a much heavier burden of "pics/examples, plz" than those who request feminine items, we more than often make damn sure to include specifics.

So... seriously, I don't see why the requests seem to get skirted over so often. (Bad choice of words, I know.) But I have to say, I'm extremely excited to see so much support for more balance in items lately. For a long time I felt like I was the only one really pushing for it, and with so many other people making their own threads, and those threads getting a LOT of support, I'm feeling really encouraged. There are more people not only seeing the inequity but actually acknowledging it, and even better, challenging it. Thank goodness for threads like this.
I'm very glad you agree and that yes, there has been more support lately.

If you're interested, I started up an item suggestion thread. c:
I'm gonna post a link to it in my signature along side the link to this thread too, to get more people suggesting more items. It seems to have a better impact when it's a lot of people suggesting, not just one or two saying "uhm hey can we have a new guy item please..?"

Demonic Hellhound

just look at the rapid EI bundle that came out...

Le Carousel - female
Band of Bremen - female (with 1 pose males can use...but look skinny as hell stare )
Rosamund's Redemption - absolutely female
Mineiro Scroll - male (with a couple of things females can use well without looking masculine)

i arrest my case!

PS: i do know most of these items existed before, but the new one is ONLY female. there isn't a single pose there a non-metrosexual guy would use -.-

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
They need to make...a masculine Rosamund. lol

Now that I look at the pictures from this series, they seem extremely similar. The girl that wants to be a prince, sheds her womans robes for male armor and a sword, gets her woman stolen from her by some guy, fights him to win her back.

(Male)
http://static.zerochan.net/Revolutionary.Girl.Utena.full.1230369.jpg
http://ariel.elventechmage.com/squidoo/anime/utena/ring/utena-ring-touga01.png
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image

Demonic Hellhound

Ladybug Hyuna
just look at the rapid EI bundle that came out...

Le Carousel - female
Band of Bremen - female (with 1 pose males can use...but look skinny as hell stare )
Rosamund's Redemption - absolutely female
Mineiro Scroll - male (with a couple of things females can use well without looking masculine)

i arrest my case!

PS: i do know most of these items existed before, but the new one is ONLY female. there isn't a single pose there a non-metrosexual guy would use -.-
I'm actually surprised they threw the Mineiro Scroll in there. lol
since it's a female bundle, so am i lol

i think it's strange that you think i’m funny 'cause he never did

The Body Farm
i actually remembered utena as soon as i saw the item the first time :3

i think it's strange that you think i’m funny 'cause he never did

dreamsk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash