Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Body Farm
Dion Necurat
Good people of this thread, look at me.

This is the manliest I can possibly make myself...and yet I feel like a mutant. Why?

Look at the arms. Now, I don't know about you, but I look like a gorilla with the Bossu set. I'm not entirely sure if that was the intention or not, but I'm suspecting it has something to do with the leg mod. It looks disproportional to the rest of the body.

How can I look like a manly sir without looking like a gorilla?
You skipped leg day. crying

I probably did; I just wanted to add to the point you're making.

It is entirely possible to make items that make guys look manly. Bossu does that, but takes it a step over into superhuman. While its great that I look like the lovechild of Armstrong and Zangief, I'm more concerned that my hands are much larger than both legs put together.

Decayin[g]_Sou[l]'s Significant Otter

Demonic Hellhound

Dion Necurat
The Body Farm
Dion Necurat

This is the manliest I can possibly make myself...and yet I feel like a mutant. Why?

Look at the arms. Now, I don't know about you, but I look like a gorilla with the Bossu set. I'm not entirely sure if that was the intention or not, but I'm suspecting it has something to do with the leg mod. It looks disproportional to the rest of the body.

It is entirely possible to make items that make guys look manly. Bossu does that, but takes it a step over into superhuman. While its great that I look like the lovechild of Armstrong and Zangief, I'm more concerned that my hands are much larger than both legs put together.
I know. c: I said that 'cause I have a thing up on the first post about skipping leg day.

I think it was supposed to be cartoonish or overexaggerated. But I mean, it would be really nice if they did make a muscular body that didn't look freakish and didn't make your arms and hands three times the size as your legs.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
The Body Farm
Dion Necurat
The Body Farm
Dion Necurat

I know. c: I said that 'cause I have a thing up on the first post about skipping leg day.

I think it was supposed to be cartoonish or overexaggerated. But I mean, it would be really nice if they did make a muscular body that didn't look freakish and didn't make your arms and hands three times the size as your legs.

You are asking WAY too much there!! D<

I'd love this, actually. We have a couple of skin overlays that do well to enhance the torso, but they don't do anything to the arms. Giving them a tiny bit of definition would go a long way.
3nodding

Demonic Hellhound

Bleeding Apocalypse
The Body Farm
Dion Necurat
The Body Farm
Dion Necurat

You are asking WAY too much there!! D<

I'd love this, actually. We have a couple of skin overlays that do well to enhance the torso, but they don't do anything to the arms. Giving them a tiny bit of definition would go a long way.
3nodding Yeah, it would.

If they released an item that accentuated arm muscles at the same time they released a bunch of tank top items, a lot of bros would probably be happy. lol lol

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Body Farm
Dion Necurat
The Body Farm
Dion Necurat

Exactly! I want to look like a british brawler, but nothing really gets the mock-up well unless I have this ridiculous muscle mod.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
The Body Farm
Yeah, it would.

If they released an item that accentuated arm muscles at the same time they released a bunch of tank top items, a lot of bros would probably be happy. lol lol

The starter military tank tops we have are probably some of the best tanks we have. I just wish one came in plain white or plain black! gonk

Dion Necurat

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Benevolent Cutesmasher

14,050 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
User Image
User Image

Just popping to say I support wanting more masculine items though would like to add that everyone will have a different idea of what masculine items are, while keeping in theme with Gaia's aesthetic style.

Now on page one I noticed La Bella Figure was mentioned as to femine this legs is just to bulky to be womens legs. I have to disagree it looks weird on women. As I skinny guy myself in real life I find it a little annoying to say that masculine purely references to large male body types. This is not true at all and I feel the argument agasint skinny legs mods in un-founded.

Now however we recently got stinger which includes some really nice male pieces along with pissing of alot of female users (This made me laugh) , this item is a good example of an item that looks better on a male base but also keeps in line with Gaia's anime aesthetic.

Cheers for making this thread up though I bleeive this debate will go on for some time as I can see everyone has a different interpretation of "masculine".

Demonic Lover

Could I request a "toned" arms and leg skin overlay? =O like the torso in the Shadowlegend?, I always found it super sad that while the preview showed a ripped upper-body, it only "rips" the avatar's torso . 3. the super ripped look next to the "chubby" arms and legs just makes me cringe lol, I would love a full-body thing that didn't color outside the lines, just a normal skin would be nice C: and it wouldn't produce weird glitches XD <3

Demonic Hellhound

King Blackwater
User Image
User Image

Just popping to say I support wanting more masculine items though would like to add that everyone will have a different idea of what masculine items are, while keeping in theme with Gaia's aesthetic style.

Now on page one I noticed La Bella Figure was mentioned as to femine this legs is just to bulky to be womens legs. I have to disagree it looks weird on women. As I skinny guy myself in real life I find it a little annoying to say that masculine purely references to large male body types. This is not true at all and I feel the argument agasint skinny legs mods in un-founded.

Now however we recently got stinger which includes some really nice male pieces along with pissing of alot of female users (This made me laugh) , this item is a good example of an item that looks better on a male base but also keeps in line with Gaia's anime aesthetic.

Cheers for making this thread up though I bleeive this debate will go on for some time as I can see everyone has a different interpretation of "masculine".
I really only mention La Bella Figure because the feet are small as well as the legs being very thin in comparison to the upper body of the male avatar. I get that you might be a dude with tiny legs, but are they half the width as your arms? And it's just that with the male avatar base that we have, the legs do look too thin ... simply because male avatar arms are not also thin. Thus, you get skipped leg day guy. I'm not in any sense saying that guys can't be lean or gangly without being masculine, I'm just saying that to fit our avatars' bases, legs shouldn't be five pixels wide.

neutral And Gaia really doesn't have an aesthetic style anymore. We've got everything from realistic looking items (the cat heads, for example) to semi realistic (the Ron Bruise heads, some backgrounds), to super cartoonish (Adventure Time items, for exaple), to anime items (a vast majority of items). There are also several different coloring styles, depending on which artist is working on which items (some color very flatly, some shade very well, some use muted colors, some use vibrant, etc.) It's really more about what looks good on which avatar base now.

But yeah; the new Stinger item has been promising so far for us bros. And I have no idea why it'd piss girls off; they've got plenty of REIs and EIs that favor female avis (the Cake one, the K-pop ones, SOF Taiga etc etc) so I think it's only fair that once a year or so, us guys get an REI that favors us.

Dapper Codger

7,825 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Bleeding Apocalypse
The Body Farm
Yeah, it would.

The starter military tank tops we have are probably some of the best tanks we have. I just wish one came in plain white or plain black! gonk

Dion Necurat

If only I could tip you more than once.

Yes, that is precisely what I'm talking about.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
Dion Necurat
Bleeding Apocalypse
The Body Farm
Yeah, it would.

Dion Necurat

If only I could tip you more than once.

Yes, that is precisely what I'm talking about.

Thanks for the 200 (or equivalent thereof) tips!!

Demonic Hellhound

I really should get around to making the item suggestion thread with all the nice suggestions from this thread. lol

I'd love an item with that pose of that picture.

I mean we have this:

Why can't they do just a torso and have it turned so it's the chest that's facing us instead of the back?

Smoker

Agreed. pirate
I was very disappointed that the Dark Omen didn't even try to have a male counterpart. I'm disappointed that there is an over abundance of pastel colours, overly frilly dresses and those weird tiny feet. I'm disappointed that most masculine items go down the dark/gory/ugly road instead of simply tasteful and thoughtfully made counterparts to the feminine items.

Monster

pirhan
I was very disappointed that the Dark Omen didn't even try to have a male counterpart. I'm disappointed that there is an over abundance of pastel colours, overly frilly dresses and those weird tiny feet. I'm disappointed that most masculine items go down the dark/gory/ugly road instead of simply tasteful and thoughtfully made counterparts to the feminine items.

bold words apply to me x1000000

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces