Welcome to Gaia! ::

Personally I find it slightly annoying that it won't accept anything that's not "anime". After all it is the Art Arena, so if it's not anime, should it not be considered art?

I think there are two possible solutions to the issue: A) Rename the forum to something more appropriate to the content. B) Allow more kinds of art, even if it is not anime, and maybe have different areas for different kinds.
Well, remember: Gaia is an anime/roleplaying-based site. It was originally just a set of anime forums, and a linklist. 3nodding

And not "only" anime is accepted, generally anything that isn't realist will be admitted into the art arena.

Art Arena Rules
Keep artwork themes relevant to Gaia users. Content related to anime, videogames, comics, fantasy, sci-fi, character and figurative work will be considered for approval.

Personally, I'd love to be able to submit photography or still-life sketches. However, they wouldn't be appreciated or extremely relevent to the anime theme of this site. ^^;

If you're looking to share your work with all of Gaia, I'd highly recommend the Picture Post Forum.

Rude's Bestie

Cat

Also remember that it's the theme that's important, not neccessarily the style. Fantasy art or anime fanart done in a realistic style would fit, for example.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff