Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sukuya's Partner

Questionable Firestarter

25,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
But can we have a field for LESS than $100?

Like little custom amounts so we can have just the right amount to buy an LQI. Right now, I have 140 GC and, if given the opportunity, I wouldn't mind having the ability to just by $8.59 USD worth of GC to get a neat item I see in the shop.

Astral Dreamer

I really think the custom should be any amount above the new $2 option. Just let us choose what to buy damn.

In a relationship with the Yiling Patriarch

Wrathful Spirit

That'd be nice, I've plenty of times I have 250ish cash and need 250 more or 750more etc.

But tbh im more curious of if the choose your own would be eligible for the discounts/sales because if its not I'd rather just buy cash on the existing tiers.

Godly Sex Symbol

40,890 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Elysium's Hero 500
I agree, it should be totally custom above the $2 minimum.

Tiny Shapeshifter

It would've been much more effective had they gone between the $20-$50 range. I understand that there's the issue with extra fees from third-parties, especially when it comes to $5 and below, but it would've been more appropriate had it applied to at least $10 as a starting point. A good chunk of Gaia's sales are around the $10 range (if one plans to buy two items in one go).

Shade

16,900 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Devin 200
  • Punk Patrol 250
yesyesyesyes
i got excited when i saw the custom-amount but the over $100 is just pointless
and gaia, while im happy you're adding a $2 option, can you add an option for 2000gc too???

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
They should just make it custom for any amount. Do away with tiers completely.

Side note: I do wonder if the upcoming custom field will even be able to make use of discounts.

ed s ed's Wife

Invisible Giver

17,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I agree with this. Once in a while I buy GC just for those items that I know I'll never buy otherwise because they'll cost 50bil or more in the MP. However, in the end Im often left with really odd amounts of GC that I can't use, and Im not going to get money back for either. Like right now- 72gc.
Being able to buy a custom amount after $2 would really help this. I could get $2.27 gc and get 299- which,would likely buy me an item rig or something.
However, on the other side of things, I will never use the custom GC over $100 function.
this is a great idea especially for people that have an odd amount of gaia cash and needs a specific certain amount to get an item they want.
Really would appreciate this, don't see any reason for them not to either.

Dapper Darling

I'd like to see this happen, there are so many times where I need x amount >.<;

Cheery Scrooge

13,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Adnama Lavode
They should just make it custom for any amount. Do away with tiers completely.

Side note: I do wonder if the upcoming custom field will even be able to make use of discounts.

Custom above the $2 minimum makes sense. Or maybe even $1.
And they could still have exclusive items for buying over $X amount.
~King Awesome

Lonely Smoker

20,115 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Millionaire 200
While I personally don't buy Gaia Cash, I agree with you guys.

Allowing people to buy specific amounts of Cash would make it a lot better for people who choose to buy it. Especially for people who are working with limited disposable income who only want to spend a specific amount.

Say, you've got $15 you specifically want to spend on GC, you'd have to do 2 separate transactions. You can't just specify you want an exact amount, you have to buy it in the increments that they say you can.

Rainbow Lover

24,375 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Now don't get me wrong, I would be totally ok with this.. but I don't see it happening.

This is a very common tactic amongst a LOT of companies (Playstation, Steam, Xbox, most other companies where you buy some sort of credit through them). It brings in more money for them, since very few things actually cost $5 or $20. They cost $4.99 or $18.98. Just a little less than the credit amounts. A penny to the individual user doesn't really matter, but when a million users have that extra un-usable penny in their account, that means a pretty big amount to the company.

That being said, Gaia is no where as big as Nintendo or Sony, so I don't think that extra penny, or even an extra dollar, is going to be a HUGE difference in their profit, so it would be nice to allow the user to customize how much GC they want.

Kawaii Spirit

l2eflektor
I really think the custom should be any amount above the new $2 option. Just let us choose what to buy damn.

Yeah, this. Just let us choose how much we wanna buy already.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff