Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bashful Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Timid 100
  • Overstocked 200
Lazarus Larkin
I will admit it makes me a little sad when people say "I CAN'T MAKE A GOOD MALE AVATAR IT IS IMPOSSIBLE", because we actually have a LOT of great male items and anyone CAN make a great male avatar.

That said, there is still a definite imbalance. I mean, just look at our two new MCs. We have this awesome snake thing that's full of poses anyone could use, and... this weird dress that's... really just a weird dress. There's a teeny chalice and a weird background in Dark Omen, neither of which seem terribly interesting, and the other poses are really feminine.

it also really, really sucks that so many of the long flowing hairstyles look way more masculine with the Agape scissors pose that costs 2 million gold. We shouldn't have to pay 2 mil to get access to more short hairstyles, we should already be getting them = /
Keep in mind this isn't about the general male population; it's about masculine male population. 3nodding

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
My point still stands.

Also I was mostly agreeing with you >.>

(also also, this avatar looks way more awesome in the equip screen when the face scales show properly)

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
I switched once to make an Augustus Sinclair cosplay, I swapped back within a few weeks because Gaia simply doesn't have the bulk of items I really want for it (Stubble, Gaia, comes in many colours and doesn't have the same thickness!).

Same of Victor 'God damn' Sullivan too ...

It's a shame because I really wanted to explore the Male base for a while.

Witty Genius

Sextans
hmmm there are plenty of items, you just can't find them because Gaia doesn't tag items properly.

Tektek tells a different story.

Lazarus Larkin
I will admit it makes me a little sad when people say "I CAN'T MAKE A GOOD MALE AVATAR IT IS IMPOSSIBLE", because we actually have a LOT of great male items and anyone CAN make a great male avatar.

That said, there is still a definite imbalance. I mean, just look at our two new MCs. We have this awesome snake thing that's full of poses anyone could use, and... this weird dress that's... really just a weird dress. There's a teeny chalice and a weird background in Dark Omen, neither of which seem terribly interesting, and the other poses are really feminine.

it also really, really sucks that so many of the long flowing hairstyles look way more masculine with the Agape scissors pose that costs 2 million gold. We shouldn't have to pay 2 mil to get access to more short hairstyles, we should already be getting them = /

Your desires for creating a male avatar may be met by existing items, but judging by the outcry of many, others can't say the same. And I can testify to say there aren't a lot of great items for the male base, because I want more masculine items to dress my female avatar. Trust me. Item selection sucks.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
I'm about ready to just go edit that post since apparently people are only reading the first half of it sweatdrop

l VUN l's Partner

Mega Rabbit

Lazarus Larkin
I'm about ready to just go edit that post since apparently people are only reading the first half of it sweatdrop

I also don't really think it's as hard as some people say it is to make masculine avatars. Then again, it depends on what you mean by masculine. To me masculine doesn't only mean beards, chest hair, mullets, motorcycles and booze.

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Grim Decayed Refinement
Lazarus Larkin

I also don't really think it's as hard as some people say it is to make masculine avatars. Then again, it depends on what you mean by masculine. To me masculine doesn't only mean beards, chest hair, mullets, motorcycles and booze.

That's probably part of it. I think stuff like spats, cravats and monocles are masculine. And awesome.

"Masculine" and "feminine" are really pretty arbitrary terms. I think what we really all can agree on, though, is that we want more updates that are NOT complicated hairdos and lacy/frilly clothing.

Bashful Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Overstocked 200
Lazarus Larkin
We have some really awesome male items, but we should have way more and you are correct about there being an imbalance.

there hopefully that isn't so hard to comprehend
Your original post made complete sense to me, I was only stating it's about strictly masculine items. There are many male items, but not many items that are the forefront of masculinity.

I can make male avatars and make mighty fine ones, but it should not have to be so hard to achieve while female avatars have such a wide array of capability. 3nodding

Spiritual Recalibrator

33,440 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Champion Cardholder 100
You know...there are times where I wish Lanzer would not answer. He just made a really sexist statement with that. Does he even realize he just said "because they are girls they will make girl things" (to paraphrase)? Because that's what it amounts to when you break it down.

You can't possibly take every project into careful consideration when you've been neglecting the other half of the userbase. Demands for masculine items haven't been drowned out or dwarfed by feminine requests. They've been largely ignored.

If your female staff can only handle girl stuff, then it's time to bring in some big boys who can handle the masculine stuff. Lanzer has clearly told us "it's because they're girls."

Which is a shame...since some of our best masculine items have come from prominent female artists! stare

Familiar Phantom

thank u 4 this thread

i like making male avatars and i personally dont mind making them ~feminine~ but it'd be so nice to see more of really masculine items and stuff bc sometimes i do want to have a nice badass male avatar

whenever "male" oriented items get released they always seem rly androgynous to me, too...not that anything's wrong with that i personally like that lol but
yeah

we need more male items

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
While there's a couple sets that I can think of that I want, but we don't have... I actually wouldn't say the selection is all that bad. It was pretty bad say 4 years ago.

It would be nice to see some more variety though. I have started threads with some more concrete suggestions (basketball and football uniforms pls), but I'm too lazy and too busy to upkeep them.

By the way- A male artist being better or more willing to draw male items is totally ******** bullshit. It's like everyone got a brain tumor and forgot about V0, L0cke, and o_8.

Dapper Dabbler

Not only do we need more masculine items, we need them in a better, broader color pallet. Guys like wearing colors too, Gaia. We're not just all about black/gray/tan.

Bashful Fatcat

12,150 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Overstocked 200
I woke up to a post explosion. o.o
Well done, Not every guy on gaia is a ******** metrosexual.

lol

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces