Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Transmutator

Goldsink Idea - New Recolor Shop (run by Kanoko)

To staff members (devs, artists, higher ups). If this idea is something the site would never consider, please contact
me. I would rather not be wasting my time on an idea HQ would never consider, even if it is beneficial to users.

Howdy there o' Site Feedback. Let's get to the nitty gritty. Users have been clamoring for higher end gold shop items.
Users have also been clamoring for cheaper Dernier Cri items. Well, do I have the store for you. Or should I say, Kanoko does.
I think it is high time she gets her own shop. She has been working for Brennivan long enough and we Gaians have needs. XD
So what exactly will this store offer? What high-end gold shop items might the Gaia staff provide. Simple. One pose recolors.
We of the GCD know too well, that small recolors are really easy to do with the right programs. So no need for original content right away.
By providing easy one-pose recolors (of makeup, lips, accessories, contacts, etc etc), we could have a fantastic shop and goldsink.

Basic Shop Information

1) Shop prices would range from 100k - 2mil
2) Would only contain one pose items.
3) Poses would be recolors of an original
4) The original items would not be sold here
5) All items would act as equip-able items
*To those that requested they be base-
affecting items like Salon hair/eyes, that
would only deter purchases due to their
higher-end prices of 1mil - 2 mil.

6) Items would be soul-bound for 30 days.
*This would promote those to buy directly
from the shop than to buy from users in
the marketplace, thus a gold sink.

7) And finally, the items would not have a
sell-back rate. They will in no way attribute
to returning gold into the system.

With the example below, I will be providing recolor examples with what will be in the shop. All items will contain 1 pose.
Do know that this will be a "cheaper" Dernier Cri (if accepted by the staff). Which means items will range from 100k-2mil.
So much cheaper than Dernier Cri, but easily affordable for those that have gold ready to be drained into the sink. XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The image below is an example of what I would like this shop (or kind of shop) to look like and what it would contain.
Below I will be taking item/recolor suggestions from those that would like to see such a shop be implemented.

*Although I doubt the staff will be willing to add premium recolors to a gold shop, I can always hope that there
desire to overcome this inflation and dwindling user satisfaction is greaters than their purpose as a business.

*image behind Kanoko was made by Miori and was used in the Impractical Gala RIG/CI.

Sparkling Transmutator

Recolors and Suggestions

*large recolor images to be added soon*

Suggestions (recolors) I am implementing:

Eyes:
- Oisin Blessing Eyes
(orange, pink, purple, grey, white, brown)

- Gemini Twins eyes
(all colors of the rainbow)

- Wendy doll eyes

- Kanoko/Majoko eyes

Lips:
- Gaia-sama lips recolors
(all the colors of the rainbow)

- Sundae Sweets lips
(all the colors except brown, mint, and pink)

Leg Mods:
- Dynamic Graffiti sneakers

- White Swan legs

Needs some soulbinding to get everyone to want to quest everything in her shop. Or how about a 365 day soulbinding length before it becomes unsoulbound. It'll piss people off but we need a really good gold sink at the moment.

Sparkling Transmutator

Adamen
Needs some soulbinding to get everyone to want to quest everything in her shop. Or how about a 365 day soulbinding length before it becomes unsoulbound. It'll piss people off but we need a really good gold sink at the moment.

Hmm usually I HATE soulbound items. I would rather the items not have a sellback price.
Users that want said recolors won't mind the prices... but I guess I wouldn't mind some soulbinding for a little bit.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
User Image

I love this idea, William.
Is that the Lucie lipstick?

Wintry Dragon

Maybe, instead of items, they will be actual facial mods like Salon hair and facial hair? Maybe, make it cheaper so people can switch between colours with little regret.

I don't know what Vanessa would do with the competition though with her salon that does not do make up.

Sparkling Transmutator

CaIabrese
User Image

I love this idea, William.
Is that the Lucie lipstick?

It is. twisted I'm think that it will just be the lips, which can layer over the current Lovely Lucie lips.
Thus the eye shadow can be reserved for the original Lovely Lucie. What do you think? All or just lips?

I really don't want the black eye shadow to be recolored. It would be way too tacky.

Sparkling Transmutator

A mali
Maybe, instead of items, they will be actual facial mods like Salon hair and facial hair? Maybe, make it cheaper so people can switch between colours with little regret.

I don't know what Vanessa would do with the competition though with her salon that does not do make up.

I am all for a more-premium Salon, but that isn't what I want this to be.
I want this to be a cheaper Dernier Cri, not an expensive Salon. XD
Also, for this to work, they need to be equip-able items, not like gold shop eyes/wigs.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Winter Hue

It is. twisted I'm think that it will just be the lips, which can layer over the current Lovely Lucie lips.
Thus the eye shadow can be reserved for the original Lovely Lucie. What do you think? All or just lips?

I really don't want the black eye shadow to be recolored. It would be way too tacky.
User Image

I think just the lipstick, too.
However you know how Gaia relies on their Lovely Lucies and other rare items for those stupid sales, they'll probably not implement a recolor so cheap because they'd probably put it in club verge for 5000 GC.

stare

Impassioned Lionheart

One-pose recolor shop sounds super cool, William. emotion_kirakira I might throw some(or a bunch) at you emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

Wintry Dragon

Winter Hue
A mali

I am all for a more-premium Salon, but that isn't what I want this to be.
I want this to be a cheaper Dernier Cri, not an expensive Salon. XD
Also, for this to work, they need to be equip-able items, not like gold shop eyes/wigs.
Looks like it's an idea that will end up in Club Verge.

Sparkling Transmutator

CaIabrese
User Image

I think just the lipstick, too.
However you know how Gaia relies on their Lovely Lucies and other rare items for those stupid sales, they'll probably not implement a recolor so cheap because they'd probably put it in club verge for 5000 GC.

stare

Oh believe me, I know. However since they are one pose recolors, Gaia can still release recolors
in Club Verge. We have never had a 2nd recolor of an evolving item... so it would be unprecedented
if the Little Lucie was recolored again. But with the recoloring simply being the lips, there will still
be demand for the original Lovely Lucie for the eyeshadow, blush, and the rest of the full effect.

Besides, they can always pop the Lovely Lucie and all of the original items I will be recoloring in Club Verge. XD

Sparkling Transmutator

TehChich
One-pose recolor shop sounds super cool, William. emotion_kirakira I might throw some(or a bunch) at you emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira emotion_kirakira

Oh please do. You are so talented at recoloring items. OTL I bow to you.
I want it to pretty much be a recolor shop since that will probably be low cost to Gaia.
Minimize the cost for Gaia (to not need to pay the artists to make original items).
True, this shop will not make a cent for HQ, but it will be beneficial for the users of this site.

HQ already pays the artists every month who make items for the gold shop update.
So if they pay a tiny bit extra for recoloring (which is pretty simple for small items),
it can easily be the most popular and well-used gold sink. Plus a popular "premium" gold shop.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Winter Hue

Oh believe me, I know. However since they are one pose recolors, Gaia can still release recolors
in Club Verge. We have never had a 2nd recolor of an evolving item... so it would be unprecedented
if the Little Lucie was recolored again. But with the recoloring simply being the lips, there will still
be demand for the original Lovely Lucie for the eyeshadow, blush, and the rest of the full effect.

Besides, they can always pop the Lovely Lucie and all of the original items I will be recoloring in Club Verge. XD

User Image

I'd be completely down with this shop.
I'd probably throw tons of gold if it were updated accordingly.

Oh an just so you know the butterfly doll makeup is basically the Lucie makeup just altered.
The lips, exactly the same.

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
Winter Hue
TehChich

Oh please do. You are so talented at recoloring items. OTL I bow to you.
I want it to pretty much be a recolor shop since that will probably be low cost to Gaia.
Minimize the cost for Gaia (to not need to pay the artists to make original items).
True, this shop will not make a cent for HQ, but it will be beneficial for the users of this site.

HQ already pays the artists every month who make items for the gold shop update.
So if they pay a tiny bit extra for recoloring (which is pretty simple for small items),
it can easily be the most popular and well-used gold sink. Plus a popular "premium" gold shop.

User Image

Dude, William.
On Ernya we have VOLUNTEERS to recolor things, so Gaia should do that.

Regular users volunteering to recolor the items.
[Of course their payment could just be getting the items they recolor for free.]

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff