Welcome to Gaia! ::

(I already know you can go to the chatterbox or pay 5.00 dollars to advertise in Gaia.)

I believe we should have a sub-forum in the chatterbox dedicated to Guild advertisements. Why? Because when one advertises in a guild we are advertising to a deaf public filled with illiterate, flamming and most of the time uninterested people not looking for a guild. When I advertise my guilds the threads in the chatterbox either get flammed, or turn into a thread of illiterate numb-nuts asking to cyber. neutral

I do not feel I should pay 5 dollars to put up a small advertisement either. Sorry, but I don't see why I should pay to advertise my guild! So I think it would be in a lot of people's best interest to create a sub-forum, not a real forum but a sub on advertisements in general...doesn't have to be just guilds, but for other advertisements as well.
Put an ad for your guild in your sig. That way, people in the same forum--who most likely have the same interests--as you will see it. Remember, you can have as much text as you want in a picture.

Loopholes are fun.
They already have a petition for this going. ^^;; I really don't believe guilds need a place to recruit, seeing as anyone interested in a guild will go to the GGN and look. However, I can't see the harm in trying.
OH NOES! YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE YOUR PIDDLING LITTLE GUILD WITHOUT ALL THE "BOTHER" OF PAYING THE ADMINS MONEY TO KEEP THIS DAMN SITE RUNNING! "Sorry, I don't see why I should pay money to advertise my guild that I made for free" on Lanzer's website which costs thousands of dollars a month!" :/ Whatever you may say, you're not a martyr here, toots.
Landreth
Put an ad for your guild in your sig. That way, people in the same forum--who most likely have the same interests--as you will see it. Remember, you can have as much text as you want in a picture.

Loopholes are fun.

I'm laying low on using my signature. >.<

And that is good they have a petition going, thank you for the heads up!
The reason for doing it is to increase their popularity among the guild search engine and have more people join than just having people randomly look up your guild. ^.^
Gelmax
OH NOES! YOU WANT TO ADVERTISE YOUR PIDDLING LITTLE GUILD WITHOUT ALL THE "BOTHER" OF PAYING THE ADMINS MONEY TO KEEP THIS DAMN SITE RUNNING! "Sorry, I don't see why I should pay money to advertise my guild that I made for free" on Lanzer's website which costs thousands of dollars a month!" :/ Whatever you may say, you're not a martyr here, toots.

Don't bother posting if you are going to be rude. stare
I am tired of being polite to GGNers who think that getting their own little forum for their guild, a searchable database to put said guild in, justification to extract "donations" from members, a crack team of mods or "crew" to deal with spam and enforce rules, and three different places to advertise is not enough. Gaia Guilds all teh way baby!
Gelmax
I am tired of being polite to GGNers who think that getting their own little forum for their guild, a searchable database to put said guild in, justification to extract "donations" from members, a crack team of mods or "crew" to deal with spam and enforce rules, and three different places to advertise is not enough. Gaia Guilds all teh way baby!

Then don't bother going into these kind of threads then. It's just a suggestion, you already stated why you don't like it.
Gelmax

Some people aren't able to donate, you know. I'm sure they would if they could. :|
Moose Juice
Some people aren't able to donate, you know. I'm sure they would if they could. :|
Which is fine. I myself cannot donate. And you know what? If she had said "I cannot donate five dollars" or "I am unable to donate five dollars" or "My parents won't let me donate five dollars" or even "I don't have a Paypal account" or "I don't have a credit card", I would have given her a much milder response, along the lines of "If you don't pay a store, you don't get the goods; why should Gaia be any different?". However, she instead said:
Quote:
I do not feel I should pay 5 dollars to put up a small advertisement either. Sorry, but I don't see why I should pay to advertise my guild!
Which won the extra-hard "Congratulations, you people have been grating on my nerves for too long and someone just snapped the string!" retort. (And it doesn't help that the fools in the FFA common thread are speaking in fictional languages. -_-)
I can't pay the five dollars to advertise Gelmax, as poor as it seems it's true. I know it must cost a lot to keep Gaia working, trust me I know...I used to run a website, it takes a lot of work, and if I could donate I would but I can't so I gave a suggestion that was free. surprised
Well, there's plenty of places to advertise for free already.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=68
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9394306
And last but not least, your signature.

Now, if I've ever noticed one thing, it's that people who run guilds on the forums can only advertise in half those places, and yet I've never seen them complaining about it.
Gelmax
fwah fwah fwah

Ah, I see your point. I didn't read close enough.

If I could donate, I would. $5 isn't really all that much and, like Gelmax said, this place is free, the guilds are free and Gaia needs money to keep running.

But for those who can't donate... don't we have a Guild Forum?

Edit: And all those other things? xD
Gelmax
Well, there's plenty of places to advertise for free already.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=68
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=23
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9394306
And last but not least, your signature.

Now, if I've ever noticed one thing, it's that people who run guilds on the forums can only advertise in half those places, and yet I've never seen them complaining about it.

Already advertise in the Captain's guild.
I already stated about the chatterbox.
And you are not allowed to advertise in the guilds forum you'll get introuble.
And I already stated why I am not using my signature...recently I've runned into some trouble with my signature and deciding not to use it for awhile.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff