Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Capitalist

13,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Partygoer 500
xXTengokuXx
              Yeah I remember the days when I use to like reading the evolving item reports. You know, when the whole Timmy/Evil Timmy thing was going on. Announcements use to be fun. Now they are just an annoyance everyday that I have to clean up.

The evolving item reports were the only ones I ever bothered to read back in the day! razz

Dangerous Cultist

5,950 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Shy Nymph

25,125 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
If only they put as much effort in on the site itself and Evolving items/GS updates instead of GC announcements :/
how many times a day do you need to tell us about a sale?
honestly...

Invisible Lunatic

Even the huge gold market crash aside the announcement spam is just driving me insane. I wish we could opt out of Cash Shop announcements. I used to get so excited when I saw the announcement bubble. Could it be an evolving item? New Gold Shop clothes? Hair styles? Manga? Event? No. It's just another RIG or Money maker or discount. I used to buy the MCs just to opt out of advertisements. Now I wish I could do the same to opt out of these announcements. But that would be ridiculous, right? Paying to opt out of Cash Shop announcements. Gaia would do something like that though.
Almost every day, I sign on to ten new announcements. TEN. And I think that's the max for announcement notifications that you can get. What the hell has happened in the last ten hours that I've been asleep that requires that many announcements?!
...Oh wait. It's all GC related.
Cash sale, Cash Shop, Rococo, Verge, another Cash sale... Who cares? Nobody. Nobody gives a damn any more. These sales are being spammed to the excess to try and wring more money out of people, and all of the new items are either recolors or items that look exactly the same. Pastel, big sweaters, 'cute' crap, RIGs, CIs....
There's no effort being put into anything else any more. No updates in the Guilds (which they promised, once upon a time), no good events around holidays, no plot updates... Nothing.
Gaia's gone down the drain. It's sad.

Explorer

that is a great idea! they should make cash shop notices. that way we can be notified if we want to hear the incessant bullshit or not.
lol im all for!

Sparkly Prophet

4,650 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Member 100
I'm a bit late but I, too, these Cash shop notices have to stop.
I remember when the announcements were exciting, too. I can't stand logging on every day and seeing 4-10 announcements about flash sales and premium item shops.

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

OH, FOR ******** SAKE GAIA! LEAVE MY INBOX ALONE!

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

A is for Angst
Almost every day, I sign on to ten new announcements. TEN. And I think that's the max for announcement notifications that you can get. What the hell has happened in the last ten hours that I've been asleep that requires that many announcements?!
Cash sale, Cash Shop, Rococo, Verge, another Cash sale... Who cares? Nobody. Nobody gives a damn any more. These sales are being spammed to the excess to try and wring more money out of people, and all of the new items are either recolors or items that look exactly the same. Pastel, big sweaters, 'cute' crap, RIGs, CIs....
There's no effort being put into anything else any more. No updates in the Guilds (which they promised, once upon a time), no good events around holidays, no plot updates... Nothing.

I know it is very late but may I quote you in the first post?
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
A is for Angst

Oh, goodness! Go for it! I'd be flattered.
c:

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

A is for Angst
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
A is for Angst

Oh, goodness! Go for it! I'd be flattered.
c:

Thank you so much. ^.^

Anxious Explorer

I'm one of those few nocturnal/part day people that mainly are up all night and literally in less then... I think it was around 3 hours(?) I was going around after I cleaned out my whole announcements and literally the 10 popped back in 3 hours. They aren't useful, they're pissing me off, and I want them to stop. I have never wanted to directly buy GC items nor I have had to sell a lot of my favorite items to get new ones in the marketplace, literally, 26 BILLION ? Who in gods name made inflation THIS bad? I used to come on here a lot lot more than I usually would before and I am just now actually getting into all of this again after most likely a year or two of being away. A lot of the old items from a long time ago that I owned like ,Starmony for example. I bought it for when it was up for sale at 8,000 and now its lowest price is around 8,000,000. Inflation needs to be brought down, Gaia Cash Craze needs to be simmered down, and whoever is making 10 gaia cash shop updates in /3/ hours or was said to do so in the middle of the night no less needs to take a chill pill.

Kindly Lunatic

10,475 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
I think there are too many new items being released too often. It takes away all the excitement.
The gold inflation is so depressing, too. Part of the fun of Gaia used to be saving up gold to get items you want. I remember when Jigsaw(game) was the best way to make gold.

I am really not even interested by announcements anymore.

I have been here a long time and I guess I'm just sticking around because even the friend that changed into an a*****e that no one likes anymore needs a friend and I'm kinda hoping Gaia will come to it's senses. :[

Bashful Bibliophile

31,215 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Crack Shot 50
I wholeheartedly agree!

I took a long break from Gaia about a year ago or so and recently returned. I knew there had been some inflation around the time I left, but this has gotten so unbelievably out of control. Especially the 10 announcements. If I were to spend money on a site like this it would be to support a lovely community, not to just fill someone's pockets. This is a sure fired way to drive the whole site into the ground.

I'm really disappointed. emotion_donotwant

Shy Rabbit

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
I'm getting sick of Gaia. Announcements have become shameful plugs for Gaia Cash and cash shop items. Make another forum for cash shop announcements. You've already got community announcements, featured announcements, Gaia blog and staff notices. Why not make one for the Gaia Cash and cash shops so you're not spamming at a rate of five TEN OR MORE announcements a day. It's not even worth looking at announcements any more. I've been here for years and it's prompting me to find another roleplaying website.

-------Evolving items evolve less. There are less items, there is less of a story to them and items that are still evolving get ditched. You're not putting any effort into them and they've lost their appeal by doing so.

-------There are just TOO MANY cash shop items and they run for so short a period of time. They've become worthless and pointless.

-------Announcements are for announcements - special events, celebrations, advertising sponsors, news, contests, updates and that type of thing.

-------Go back to your roots. Focus on what's important instead of constant ADVERTISING. If we want to buy cash, we will.

-------You're ruining the site. People are leaving. Your own followers hate what you've become. You need to make Gaia BETTER if you want sponsors, users and a higher income. If you turn the site into cheap trash, you'll only get cheap trash in return.

-------EIGHT announcements in less than twelve hours! What are you thinking, Gaia?

-------All these items look the same. They're cute, pastel and bland. There's no real theme to them. They're not unique. They're not striking. Be adventurous! Make something wild and interesting. You're only targeting the kawai kids.
I'm retracting this one because they're starting to put more effort into them. Some of them are interesting. Some of them have a theme.

-------Put some thought into them. The average Gaian could make better recolors.

-------Now they're sending cash announcements in our PM inbox! We get it. You're selling cash left, right and centre. Don't buy it at full price.

-------Are you running out of ideas for gold generators yet? Are you sick of constant reruns? We are.

A is for Angst

I have written a letter to gaia about this s**t! and i put my username THEY DONT GIVE A ********! I CAN TELL Because i wrote it 3 months ago... i knew they wouldnt do anything... even though 2 PEOPLE AND THE GAIA TEAM OR WHATEVER SAID THAT " We always read our letters and listen to our players" Or whatever ( they didnt say that but something like that i cant remember) BUT i swore 2-3 years gaia will shut down!
i was even thinking of makeing it a shitty letter but then i was like "Nahhh"
User ImageUser Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas