Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bunny

yum_cupcake Good to know we all feel the same. Gaia is killing itself, slowly and painfully. I was off gaia for less than 12 hours and I come back to literally 8 announcements all of the same old items we in the GC shop they already announced.

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

SAlL0RMOON
yum_cupcake Good to know we all feel the same. Gaia is killing itself, slowly and painfully. I was off gaia for less than 12 hours and I come back to literally 8 announcements all of the same old items we in the GC shop they already announced.

Ya, I noticed that too. I thought "no f*cking way".
Hmm.. 5 announcements since I went to bed. I wish We could earn gold for every announcement we read so that I feel like I'm getting some actual value from opening and closing every one of them. lol

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

Kaniskion
Hmm.. 5 announcements since I went to bed. I wish We could earn gold for every announcement we read so that I feel like I'm getting some actual value from opening and closing every one of them. lol

LOL, I wouldn't mind it so much then... if it were 100 or 1000 gold then maybe another 1000 gold for staying on the page long enough to read it.

Surefire Faun

Yeah I remember the days when I use to like reading the evolving item reports. You know, when the whole Timmy/Evil Timmy thing was going on. Announcements use to be fun. Now they are just an annoyance everyday that I have to clean up.

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Light_SpiritCat
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Light_SpiritCat
It's not Gaia's staffs' fault. You know it's Goldemort and #DopamineBaby who are responsible for this :/

I did a quick Google search because I have no idea who they are. Are they the usernames/nicknames CEO and COO?

yes.
It's forbidden to call the CEO by his real name, so people here use Goldemort as his nickname.
That "Dopamine Baby" is current approach that Gaia has been using (and thanks to it, Gaia Online destroyed) introduced by the COO

Why is it forbidden to call the CEO by name...?

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

xXTengokuXx
              Yeah I remember the days when I use to like reading the evolving item reports. You know, when the whole Timmy/Evil Timmy thing was going on. Announcements use to be fun. Now they are just an annoyance everyday that I have to clean up.

And they still show up, even if you turn them off.

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

salopettes
Light_SpiritCat
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Light_SpiritCat
It's not Gaia's staffs' fault. You know it's Goldemort and #DopamineBaby who are responsible for this :/

I did a quick Google search because I have no idea who they are. Are they the usernames/nicknames CEO and COO?

yes.
It's forbidden to call the CEO by his real name, so people here use Goldemort as his nickname.
That "Dopamine Baby" is current approach that Gaia has been using (and thanks to it, Gaia Online destroyed) introduced by the COO

Why is it forbidden to call the CEO by name...?

Defamation of character, leaking information that might lead to hate letters, claims of cyber bullying (which would be a fraudulent claim but it's easy to claim being bullied). Yeah, there are people out there who are angry at the CEO but they're trying to cover themselves from the angry mob.
Right? I've visited here twice in one day and both times I came on I had like eight announcements. It has become very obviously over-the-top.

Fashionable Loverboy

9,500 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Object of Affection 150
There needs to be an option to turn off announcements regarding cash offers and the like. I log off for 8 hours or so and there is like 5 announcements i care nothing about. Hell there was one day i finished looking at the announcements, refreshed the page, and there was another about some stupid recolour. :T Oh my oh my.

Azaurmyth's Wife

Batty Splicer

Maniacal Bliss
There needs to be an option to turn off announcements regarding cash offers and the like. I log off for 8 hours or so and there is like 5 announcements i care nothing about. Hell there was one day i finished looking at the announcements, refreshed the page, and there was another about some stupid recolour. :T Oh my oh my.

I totally misread that and thought you said there is an option. My heart soared.

Fashionable Loverboy

9,500 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Ra Ra Rumpleteaser
Maniacal Bliss

I totally misread that and thought you said there is an option. My heart soared.

I am so sorry to dash your hopes! D:

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"It just makes me feel like nothing Gaia says matters anymore!" gonk
User Image

Hot Detective

9,325 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Trader 100
ninja i tried everything i could to disable them, nothing worked the way i wanted. Either i shall ignore them and never open them.. as their ads sometimes so tempting. Or maybe do open but don't look at the content just to reopen all the announcement and make them go away?

wahmbulance

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces