Welcome to Gaia! ::

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Spacebabie76
When I do get some Gaia Cash (One offer has the perfect gift for my dad for Father's day) I will not waste any on this or anything with "Punishing" in the title. Because this is a freaking trap.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» Or Kama. Since that's questionable too.
              Granted, every time I see "Kama's Suggestion" my mind automatically replaces it with Kama Sutra, and we all know what THAT is. rolleyes

" I did everything you asked! "

Blessed Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Magical Girl 50
Bluecandescent
How in the ******** does Gaia expect people to equip that arm mod and not have it be explicit? How are we supposed to be creative with that pose? The way Gaia is handling this is like, in order to equip that mod the rest of the avatar needs to wear baggy sweats or something.

If we equipped the arms and the arms alone, would that be ok? But if we put panties at the ankles, or pasties, that wouldn't be ok? If we put blush that wouldn't be ok? How is more clothing worse than nothing?

The item was originally designed to remove the underwear.
Then they backpedaled and changed it. It wasn't a glitch, right? Which means Gaia knows full damn well what that pose is doing.

This is a cash item that is inadvertently designed to get users in trouble. Whether this was on purpose, or just the artist's expression, we may never know. Either way I don't like it one bit, unless Gaia changes their policy. As an artist I highly value creative expression, be it sexual or not, and while I certainly don't have a problem with the item itself, I don't think it's ok for Gaia right now. Especially not for cash.

Bless this post.

This is my opinion on this whole thing.

Velvetine Zealot

37,225 Points
  • A Magnificent Epilogue to Our Youth 500
  • Dauntless Sovereign 500
  • Melonsta X 500
Aperture Sentry Turret
Spacebabie76
When I do get some Gaia Cash (One offer has the perfect gift for my dad for Father's day) I will not waste any on this or anything with "Punishing" in the title. Because this is a freaking trap.

Granted, every time I see "Kama's Suggestion" my mind automatically replaces it with Kama Sutra, and we all know what THAT is. rolleyes

Or Kamadeva, the Hindu god of sensuality and sexual desire.
So any view of this item is sexual.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Long Live The Ice
Aperture Sentry Turret
Spacebabie76

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7073/turretpost.png" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

Or Kamadeva, the Hindu god of sensuality and sexual desire.
So any view of this item is sexual.

»»» But how dare we wear it because gosh Gaia doesn't allow sexual content jeez put some clothes on! Just because we market the item this way doesn't mean you should USE it after you buy it! mad

Wheezing Plague

I guess there's a fine line between suggesting sex (on top of clothes, as skimy as they might be), and actually having your hands down your pants.

I do agree that the rules regarding this seems a bit shady. If they are going to release suggestive items, then they need to state clear rules as to how you can use them. (Tbh, I love the Kama's item. Some of the handposes are great - like the hands on the hips. I like that! Sassy.)

Blessed Prophet

Morbid Gnome
Throttle Kitty
I recently received a warning for equipping my Kama's Suggestion arm pose, I was informed that my avatar was considered "sexually explicit" because it was in the middle of a "sexual act" because at the time of the item being released, the arm pose removed the bottoms, I simply equipped a blush item to my avatar with these arms, and had her open her mouth and nothing else (minus my ears and tail and stuff that's on everything) - and that made it 'explicit'?
You're forgetting that you also had mUltipants equipped with the "whoops" pose. So your avatar had its pants around its ankles, was blushing with hearts around its head, and the hand over her uncovered groin. It was clearly meant to look like a masturbation scene which is why it was deemed Sexually Inappropriate and you were given a warning.

Throttle Kitty
one for "suggestive art" when the art forum CLEARLY states suggestive art and artist nudity are allowed and the art in questing DID NOT EVEN CONTAIN NUDITY and was in NO WAY explicit or overly sexuallized, and contained no sexual act at all. I've ordered art just like it in the past and it was okay, I have even ordered art very similar to it from a FA not to long ago and it was okay, but now suddenly even mildly suggestive art is enough to get me a warning and a 10 billion gold art contest totally shut down after it had over a dozen entries....
The art you're referring to clearly contained nudity. I'm looking at it right now and the breasts on one entry, which you mark NSFW, are clearly exposed. If you've forgotten which image I'm referring to, I'd be glad to provide a link via PM as proof of what your art contest contained and which images we found to be especially problematic.

So let me get this straight, you can't link to NSFW art off the site now? That's another failure on Gaia's team. For years now, artists have linked to NSFW pieces OFF-SITE by labeling it as NSFW. There has never been a problem apparently up until now?

Also, why is it that equipping pants pulled down deemed as sexual but people with naked avatars doing the SAME EXACT pose not? The arms and the mouth do all the freaking work from that item. Are you guys really that daft?

Velvetine Zealot

37,225 Points
  • A Magnificent Epilogue to Our Youth 500
  • Dauntless Sovereign 500
  • Melonsta X 500
Aperture Sentry Turret

»»» But how dare we wear it because gosh Gaia doesn't allow sexual content jeez put some clothes on! Just because we market the item this way doesn't mean you should USE it after you buy it! mad

It's basically like a friend going "Hey gurl I bought you this bomb-a** corset it gives you a great figure try it on some time" but then you wear it in front of them and they go " CHRIST WHY WOULD YOU WEAR THAT PUT YOUR PUPPIES AWAY"
You gave the item to us, don't punish us for using it like it was directed!

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Long Live The Ice
Aperture Sentry Turret

It's basically like a friend going "Hey gurl I bought you this bomb-a** corset it gives you a great figure try it on some time" but then you wear it in front of them and they go " CHRIST WHY WOULD YOU WEAR THAT PUT YOUR PUPPIES AWAY"
You gave the item to us, don't punish us for using it like it was directed!

»»» I know, right?
              The hypocrisy is just... emotion_facepalm

Familiar Shapeshifter

17,125 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Brandisher 100
Aperture Sentry Turret

»»» I know, right?

The best part of the whole situation is the ironic "Sex Symbol" title :u like that doesn't imply anything that we wouldn't want.

It makes me laugh every time I go re-read the first page, in a bad and confused way. Things need to change quite obviously.

Sex Symbol

15,525 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Conventioneer 300
Best Soraka NA
So let me get this straight, you can't link to NSFW art off the site now? That's another failure on Gaia's team. For years now, artists have linked to NSFW pieces OFF-SITE by labeling it as NSFW. There has never been a problem apparently up until now?
Artistic nudity can be linked to so long as there is an appropriate disclaimer. That policy has not changed.

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
-ScourgeTheHedghog-
Aperture Sentry Turret

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/7073/turretpost.png" Hey, it's me! Don't shoot! "

»»» I know, right?

The best part of the whole situation is the ironic "Sex Symbol" title :u like that doesn't imply anything that we wouldn't want.

It makes me laugh every time I go re-read the first page, in a bad and confused way. Things need to change quite obviously.

»»» Exactly. But seriously, who the hell is making these decisions at HQ? The left hand clearly doesn't know what the right one's doing.

Someone needs to communicate the site's rules to whoever decides these items need to exist, because this is embarrassing.

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Morbid Gnome

my favorite part was how you didnt talk about how hypocritical gaias being about these new sexual items that got released

Married Otaku

19,640 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Zanark Avalonic
Morbid Gnome

my favorite part was how you didnt talk about how hypocritical gaias being about these new sexual items that got released

»»» Nooooooooo, Gaia's not being hypocritical at all! //sarcasm

You can't point out their flaws. It hurts their feelings. Instead you just have to plug your ears and go "lalalala" like everyone at HQ is doing to ignore the blaring ******** ups they're repeatedly making. lol

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

Morbid Gnome
Best Soraka NA
Artistic nudity can be linked to so long as there is an appropriate disclaimer. That policy has not changed.

So my contest was shut down for using a spoiler tag instead of a link on one image? Something that could have been fixed in under a minute.... I had a disclaimer stating that the image was NSFW...

Shady Bro

39,375 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
Aperture Sentry Turret
Zanark Avalonic
Morbid Gnome

»»» Nooooooooo, Gaia's not being hypocritical at all! //sarcasm

You can't point out their flaws. It hurts their feelings. Instead you just have to plug your ears and go "lalalala" like everyone at HQ is doing to ignore the blaring ******** ups they're repeatedly making. lol

"lol lets make some items at cup at genitals"
"WOW YOURE USING THE ITEM WE JUST RELEASED + A BLUSH THATS SEXUAL AND NSFW HERES A WARNING ********"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff