Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ferocious Pumpkin

I want zOMG! back. Why can't they listen to us dedicated zOMGaians? Nope, just "hey, we recolored this old item, now buy our half-assed product."

Profitable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
METALFumasu
Cory Shallow
I can't believe they've become so desperate as to have to bribe users with a half a million gold in order for them to refer new users.

As if there weren't enough sock puppets and inflation on this site.

The whole "why not invite a couple friends to join the party? We'll give you free gold!" line is downright depressing, to be honest. Especially the fact that they're doing it for every single summer sale announcement.

Maybe if Gaia hadn't made such anti-user business decisions over the past 9 months (or year, depends on who you ask), they might not be in a position where they're effectively begging Gaians to spam their contact list for a chance at potential new blood.

Most likely scenario is that some of the more unscrupulous Gaians are going to create a ton of fake email addresses and then spam those accounts with Gaia requests in order to get the gold, and then create mules/sock puppets from the new accounts in order to get the bonus 5 million gold reward x however many mule accounts they created.

The whole place has degenerated into a make-shift pyramid scheme.

The only way for loyal users to keep up with the tide of gold inflation at this point is referral bonuses. They're trying to repopulate the site with new users while continuing to devalue the central currency, only to buttress more short-term cash sales (as their absurd level of on-site advertising has failed to).

Profitable Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Megathread 100
Come on, lurking staff, mods and devs.

Keep telling me the number of registered accounts is a reflection of site activity.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces