Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Elder

WakayamaManami
Drak of Paradise
I skipped past most the posts so don't say i'm copying if i just plain missed someones post.

They log you out for security issues. They do the same to me. It prevents, say, another person all together getting onto the computer after you that you forgot to log out of. They sit down, and if they are on gaia, they could strip down your avi and send all items and gold you have through a chain of mule accounts over to their real account. Gaia logs you off so you don't get hacked this way.

Not to my knowledge, actually. I use remember me, since I am the only one who uses my laptop.

I never have to log in unless I happen to log out, or gaia has problems in which EVERY one is logged out.

I repeat - I almost NEVER have to log in. Seriously. whee
I have a laptop as well so i don't have to worry about logging out really. It is those who use public computers like in cyber cafe's and library's who might forget to log off, it is a security feature for them mainly.
I asked in Q&A, and now I have a firm answer:

Quote:
Remember me plants a cookie within your browser's cache, which saves your session. It won't nesessarily keep your account logged in, because some browsers are configured to disallow cookies, or delete the cookies folder periodically.

So, if you have your browser set up to where it will only delete cookies whenever you permiss it to, or to where it will keep your cookies, you'll always stay logged in.

If not, then eventually the cookie is deleted and you will have to click 'Remember Me' again in order for another one to be planted into the cache and for you to be re-remembered.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff