Welcome to Gaia! ::

Should sponsors be available for the people who lives outside of US? Not just asian regions, but other regions as well?

No friggin' way. 0.074074074074074 7.4% [ 2 ]
OMG YES. 0.81481481481481 81.5% [ 22 ]
Uh...well, I guess. So to be fair. 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 3 ]
Total Votes:[ 27 ]

Shameless Grabber

I hope the mods will choose better sponsors when they want to replace Blue Noodle. As what I've read from the dev notices, yes, Blue Noodle is at fault for breaking the contract but I really wished that the mods will pick a sponsor that can serve the asian regions as well as other regions just like Blue Noodle. Please! I know Gaia is all about serving the the US residents, since they are also build and located in the US and usually when they have the gathering, I want to go, but I couldn't go since I'm not even living in the US.

Sometimes I feel like Gaia is a bit unfair, but thinking logically, there's nothing really unfair about it since we people who lives in the asian region and other regions isn't their target audience. But I hope that they do realize that there are actually a lot of people from the asia region and other regions who joins Gaia and who are waiting and seeking to click the 10gc tiny tree since we can't purchase it using cash. I have a friend who lives in Thailand and none of the sponsor offers actually works for her. It's sad to hear ya know!

So again, while the mods are selecting the next sponsors, I really hope that the mods will pick off a sponsor who can serve the asian region and other places, unlike those 3 impossible sponsors who are not available in my country. Some people might ask us to do surveys and all, but come on! Not many people have that much of spare time to do surveys, well not me at least. Unless I'm really, really free then I will. I was a bit mad that Mecha Neko is not available for people outside US, but then again, since it's licensed so I don't really mind, and all I'm just saying is give us, the people who lives outside of US, and other places some privilege, even if it's a tiny one! I'll be happy! Please consider this!! Gah. I hope they'll read this.

Choose a sponsor that's available for everyone! Worldwide! I don't wanna see the...

"We are sorry, but this offer is not available in your country.
Please try another offer." emotion_donotwant

...STATEMENT ANYMORE!!! emotion_facepalm

Of course, this is just a suggestion but I'll be happy if this comes true!

Destructive Bunny

Even though I understand that they don't always get a choice in sponsorships. Maybe Gaia can be proactive and approach international sponsors :3

Shameless Grabber

Starshine
Even though I understand that they don't always get a choice in sponsorships. Maybe Gaia can be proactive and approach international sponsors :3

Mm...yeap yeap! that's what I think too!! emotion_awesome
Yeah I though I might be able to save up enough for the new bundle before it left the shop, boom there went my only source of cash. Not being in the US means a very limited choice especially when you don't want to sign up for anything or give out any information. Gaia says not to give out any personal information but a lot of their offers certainly demand that you do.

Aged Genius

kiyomi-ai chan
I hope the mods will choose better sponsors when they want to replace Blue Noodle. As what I've read from the dev notices, yes, Blue Noodle is at fault for breaking the contract but I really wished that the mods will pick a sponsor that can serve the asian regions as well as other regions just like Blue Noodle. Please! I know Gaia is all about serving the the US residents, since they are also build and located in the US and usually when they have the gathering, I want to go, but I couldn't go since I'm not even living in the US.

Sometimes I feel like Gaia is a bit unfair, but thinking logically, there's nothing really unfair about it since we people who lives in the asian region and other regions isn't their target audience. But I hope that they do realize that there are actually a lot of people from the asia region and other regions who joins Gaia and who are waiting and seeking to click the 10gc tiny tree since we can't purchase it using cash. I have a friend who lives in Thailand and none of the sponsor offers actually works for her. It's sad to hear ya know!

So again, while the mods are selecting the next sponsors, I really hope that the mods will pick off a sponsor who can serve the asian region and other places, unlike those 3 impossible sponsors who are not available in my country. Some people might ask us to do surveys and all, but come on! Not many people have that much of spare time to do surveys, well not me at least. Unless I'm really, really free then I will. I was a bit mad that Mecha Neko is not available for people outside US, but then again, since it's licensed so I don't really mind, and all I'm just saying is give us, the people who lives outside of US, and other places some privilege, even if it's a tiny one! I'll be happy! Please consider this!! Gah. I hope they'll read this.

Choose a sponsor that's available for everyone! Worldwide! I don't wanna see the...

"We are sorry, but this offer is not available in your country.
Please try another offer." emotion_donotwant

...STATEMENT ANYMORE!!! emotion_facepalm

Of course, this is just a suggestion but I'll be happy if this comes true!

Yes, I certainly understand your frustration. I lived in Thailand for almost 3 years and had some of the same trouble. If it were up to Gaia, no problem. Unfortunately, it isn't. We will keep looking for more sponsor that we can offer worldwide.

Sir Schmerz's Husband

Thieving Sex Symbol

35,450 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
Okay. Let's entertain the possibility that Gaia wants have sponsorships for Asia.

There are 48 different countries in Asia. Asia is a continent, not just a handful of countries, which people sometimes forget. Here's a list of the 48 different countries within the continent of Asia that Gaia would have to make separate and distinct deals for in order to have offers available for ALL of Asia in order to make it "fair."

As you can imagine, it's highly unlikely to happen. I'm very sorry that there are some offers you simply cannot do. There are offers that I cannot do, too, even though I live in the USA. But please realize that it's not as simple as Gaia deciding all on their own that they want to do something and, therefore, they can do it. They need permission and deals with separate companies that are licensed do do business in each and every one of those countries. To have deals in "Asia," as you so broadly put it, would be an immense undertaking that could take years to hammer out. It just isn't feasible. If there are sponsors Gaia can get that offer things worldwide that's fantastic. If not, it's still understandable.

Tipsy Smoker

You're actually the first person I've seen who has been so polite and understanding about the situation.

Shameless Grabber

KaguraOfTheWind
Gaia says not to give out any personal information but a lot of their offers certainly demand that you do.

True that. That's why I usually do surveys or tasks that won't need me to give out my information that much. You can try out Matomy's tasks. They don't require you to give out information. Although the cash doesn't look very appealing, but it's better than nothing. But it takes time though. :< I only do that task when I'm free.

Shameless Grabber

codemonkey37179

Yes, I certainly understand your frustration. I lived in Thailand for almost 3 years and had some of the same trouble. If it were up to Gaia, no problem. Unfortunately, it isn't. We will keep looking for more sponsor that we can offer worldwide.

That's good to hear at least. I mean, at least some people are hearing me out. Please do! We all will be very happy if you guys are able to find sponsors like Blue Noodle...but not act like Blue Noodle. sweatdrop

Shameless Grabber

Bleeding Apocalypse
Okay. Let's entertain the possibility that Gaia wants have sponsorships for Asia.

There are 48 different countries in Asia. Asia is a continent, not just a handful of countries, which people sometimes forget. Here's a list of the 48 different countries within the continent of Asia that Gaia would have to make separate and distinct deals for in order to have offers available for ALL of Asia in order to make it "fair."

As you can imagine, it's highly unlikely to happen. I'm very sorry that there are some offers you simply cannot do. There are offers that I cannot do, too, even though I live in the USA. But please realize that it's not as simple as Gaia deciding all on their own that they want to do something and, therefore, they can do it. They need permission and deals with separate companies that are licensed do do business in each and every one of those countries. To have deals in "Asia," as you so broadly put it, would be an immense undertaking that could take years to hammer out. It just isn't feasible. If there are sponsors Gaia can get that offer things worldwide that's fantastic. If not, it's still understandable.

Of course Asia is big. But Gaia can always try to find out who and where the majority of the asian people in Gaia comes from. It's easier to find out when you visit the Gaia International. From what I see, most of the asians in Gaia comes from Indonesia, Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam etc. Of course it's impossible for Gaia to find sponsors for the whole asian region. What I'm trying to say is, Gaia should at least or try to focus on a particular area first and move on from there. I'm very sure they can't target the whole asian region at once.

They can always move step by step. I studied marketing so I know how hard it is to target the whole asian region, but at least they should segment it first before targeting, isn't it? Taking it slow and finding the right sponsors who can sponsor the particular areas, is already good enough. The problem they are dealing with is finding the right sponsors who can sponsor the asian region. We are just trying to see if Gaia can find the right sponsors for us.

Shameless Grabber

Chahklet
You're actually the first person I've seen who has been so polite and understanding about the situation.

Really? emotion_awesome
Nothing good comes out from fighting and debating it anyway. This is the site feedback section anyway. We're all giving out suggestions. Nyaha! emotion_dowant

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff