Welcome to Gaia! ::

Party Partier

I really don't get peoples complaint about the avatars showing skin. It isn't like they have dongs and cooters or even nipples. Its like looking at a doll. Or is everyone just have so little self control they can't help but sexualize everything they see with exposed body parts & anything will do as long as it even remotely resemble humans?

Healing Hunter

26,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Paradox Prince
I really don't get peoples complaint about the avatars showing skin. It isn't like they have dongs and cooters or even nipples. Its like looking at a doll. Or is everyone just have so little self control they can't help but sexualize everything they see with exposed body parts & anything will do as long as it even remotely resemble humans?

It's all about personal preferences.

Party Partier

VanVor
Paradox Prince

I understand it's a matter of personal preference but it's still beyond me on why it can bother anyone.

Magnetic Lunatic

Yes please. I'm not really bothered by much here, but I'd like the option. Just in case someone manages to make an avatar that encompasses all my phobias or something. Like, spiders crawling out of a corpse's eyesockets. That would creep me out.

The nude avis I just find ugly.

Healing Hunter

26,500 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Paradox Prince
VanVor
Paradox Prince

I understand it's a matter of personal preference but it's still beyond me on why it can bother anyone.

Eh. *Shrug* I Frankly think it's because sexualized things are still, well, sexualized, ( And because we've been having an awful lot of sexualized items pushed in our faces lately to be honest ) and frankly I'm actually for having a out since;

1: Not that big a deal to deny it outright
And 2: If people do have an out, that means people'll be able to stop posting/complaining/asking about it.

So everyone'll be happy 3nodding ... least on this topic, lol

WraithDeer's Pardner

Saint Elder

You can always use that light version of gaia if you find peoples avatars that upsetting.

Moonlight Sweetheart

52,925 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Coloring Champion 0
  • Snowball Sharpshooter 50
But what if someone changed their avi to something less edgy? Maybe they were only being edgy for an event? Would the censor reset itself? Though I could see this as pretty taxing on users actually using this feature.

Benevolent Strawberry

27,600 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
I support this idea.

Not just for nude avis which honestly, don't bother me at all. But more for excessively gory avatars and there's a LOT of items that depict violence and gore here. I understand that not everyone wants to see either of these kinds of things.

But I think it's kinda funny that gore and violence are usually a-ok but nudity? Nope, gotta censor that.

Even just an option to temporarily hide particular avatars so if they change outfits or something... yeah... idk. It's probably not gonna happen unless they can make money from it, right? 8'D

tora-gen's Fangirl

Eco-friendly Kitten

27,900 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100

I wouldn't mind that. Sexualized avatars bother me. I don't want to see your pixel doll masturbating, thank you very much. You might find it "sexy", I find it gross.
I remember when your account could get banned for exploiting a glitch that made us topless >_>

User Image

Yukina101's Partner

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Why don't they let us just block any avatar that wears certain items? I mean you can make a wishlist and add things to your wishlist so easily, why can't we have a blocked item list too? Essentially if there was any particular item we didn't agree with or like even one pose of we could block any avatar that sported that item.

As for me I like to show off my avatar's lovey white skin once in a while (after all working for the item white body dye took me about a year of work and plotting mostly on my own), but I like to keep it classy-ish when I show off her skin.

Regardless, everyone has their own tastes in what is appropriate or tasteful to see or not. For example I hate the mustachio series completely and want to scream if I see a single item from that series but is modest by all means. Let us pick and chose what items to see, is what I propose.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Paradox Prince
VanVor
Paradox Prince

It's still a repesentation of a human body as I have said before in this thread. As it baffles you how people can be bothered by it, it baffles me the need to shove even pixel flesh in others faces. We all have different values and giving people an option to screen what they don't want to see be it sexual, gory or simply out of place with one's tastes would add more to a users' experience than take it away.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
If they can give the libertines the ablity to bare all they want, I don't think it's unreasonable to give us who aren't as 'edgy' a small feature like this so we can enjoy the site too, a wider audience will get you more money Gaia.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Legal due to recent topics
I understand where you're coming from but this isn't the first time Gaia has released edgy items. Years ago they released Alruna's Rose and I don't think there was that much outrage about it but correct me if I'm wrong. Plus there are other items with edgy poses.
If you want to block certain avatars, that is totally okay and it's your right to feel comfortable here. I just don't think people should be focusing their frustration with this site on these items but rather our economy, having actual updates and for a better communication system between staff and users.

Special Snowflake

How about a tick box you press before saving the avatar which says "contains mature themes," so users can mark it each time they save.

For viewers a tick box in the settings which says "Do not show avatars containing mature themes." In this way it's largely self-regulating, and doesn't impact on people's ability to interact with each other.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff