Welcome to Gaia! ::

Miserable pile of secrets
gull
Miserable pile of secrets
why? so more people can have annoying animated pictures in their signatures like yours? (which i might add is 337.4 KB (345,495 bytes)

most of the time they don't even bother checking filesize and copy paste whatever "cool/funny/cute" animated pic they find on tumblr

it used to bother me years ago but seeing more and more users have huge animated signatures i'm alright with it.

edit: and my point is proven with the above post. emotion_yatta
way 2 have a giant sig nerdlinger
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

anyone who thinks that your sig is less obnoxious than mine is simply circlejerking you
noshing
NOPE

inb4 they lock your sig
Diamond Rika
There are still many users on Gaia using dialup or other slow forms of internet service. It would be unfair to them to increase the limit because it would increase their loading time. I think the 100,000 byte limit is more than large enough; it's your signature, not a movie. wink

Personally I think there also needs to be a limit on image file sizes in posts because sometimes the post styles do get out of control. But that doesn't justify breaking the file size limit on signatures as that is a written rule. That being said, the gif in your signature is over 300,000 bytes just by itself. Please remove it.

1. they can disable signatures and images if theyre using dialup and having a hard time loading images (but who uses dialup? the FCC recognizes broadband internet service as a necessity in today's times confused )

2. instead of limiting the size they should spend more time developing a script that users can use to block images over a specific file size.
I actually hope most of you keep putting such large images and gifs in your signatures. Then I can keep reporting them, your signatures keep being disabled and having to be reenabled for larger amounts of gold each time. Until the mods just decide to ban your signature privileges permanently. Then we wont have to deal with you abusing it anymore. It's a win for everyone!

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
james quall
Diamond Rika
There are still many users on Gaia using dialup or other slow forms of internet service. It would be unfair to them to increase the limit because it would increase their loading time. I think the 100,000 byte limit is more than large enough; it's your signature, not a movie. wink

Personally I think there also needs to be a limit on image file sizes in posts because sometimes the post styles do get out of control. But that doesn't justify breaking the file size limit on signatures as that is a written rule. That being said, the gif in your signature is over 300,000 bytes just by itself. Please remove it.

1. they can disable signatures and images if theyre using dialup and having a hard time loading images (but who uses dialup? the FCC recognizes broadband internet service as a necessity in today's times confused )

2. instead of limiting the size they should spend more time developing a script that users can use to block images over a specific file size.

YES #2 is perfect

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Brooding.
I actually hope most of you keep putting such large images and gifs in your signatures. Then I can keep reporting them, your signatures keep being disabled and having to be reenabled for larger amounts of gold each time. Until the mods just decide to ban your signature privileges permanently. Then we wont have to deal with you abusing it anymore. It's a win for everyone!

talk2hand
The Brooding.

obvious troll this thread is trying to take care of a serious issue begone

Questionable Grabber

Diamond Rika

Hey there. Fire fox and any modern web browser would like a word with you. Ad block allows you to block large signatures and any other nonsensical website animation that chokes their bandwidth. And like a previous user mentioned there's the option to disable signatures as well.

In fact the advertisements themselves are larger than some of the signatures on the forum. So it would be a moot point to begin with.

The site isn't geared towards people who are on dail up and I highly doubt there's many people using dail up on gaia in the first place. It's not 2003 anymore.

Demonic Bookworm

30,400 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Nahh, I think they just need to do somethign about post styles and other laggy items, I actually want my new laptop to run fast on Gaia not be lagged because someone needs to stroke their e-peen emotion_donotwant

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
Nero`Angelo
I honestly don't know what's worse. The fact that you are dumb, or the fact that your signature kind of kills your entire post with it trying to be funny and cute. Despite it's file size it's still obnoxiously large and I rather look at a gif that's 250x500 and 2mb than that heap you call a signature.

Not to mention gaia was made when bandwidth was just stretching out it's arms and still conservative. Majority of people were still on DSL and even dail up at the time in 2003. Now it's nearly a decade later and we've got nearly infinite bandwidth and insanely fast download speeds to boot. Anyone spending their free time on gaia really isn't concerned with download speeds because it's normal to have 1MB+ now.

The limits need to be adjusted so the mods stop bugging people about trivial things when they should be focusing on more "serious" matters.

So please. Do us all a favor and educate yourself.

you think i give a ******** what anyone thinks about my signature? it relates to my interests and if you don't like it, adblock it. personally, i adblock peoples stupid/ugly faces from their signature. it makes my browsing experience more pleasant. emotion_c8

Hallowed Sex Symbol

14,550 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
н є l l г ค เ ร є г

Have I not been too long in the shadows of invention and creation.
As I rightfully behold the flesh, fear of the conscious mind will have you facing away.

[►] Due to reading the obnoxious responses, I'm going to guess this thread was moved here.

OP: I don't see any reason for Gaia to increase the sig limit, many people don't have fast internet as is, or shitty computers.

I think 100KB is justified.

My word and world holds ground and is real.
Your word is like floods of poisoned water, a language spoken with spit from different tongues.

Questionable Grabber

HeIIraiser
н є l l г ค เ ร є г

Have I not been too long in the shadows of invention and creation.
As I rightfully behold the flesh, fear of the conscious mind will have you facing away.

[►] Due to reading the obnoxious responses, I'm going to guess this thread was moved here.

OP: I don't see any reason for Gaia to increase the sig limit, many people don't have fast internet as is, or shitty computers.

I think 100KB is justified.

My word and world holds ground and is real.
Your word is like floods of poisoned water, a language spoken with spit from different tongues.

Then remove your signature seeing how it's 4mb in size...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff