Welcome to Gaia! ::

100kb is nothing, and so many people break the limit it's unenforceable
when it is enforced, it's an annoyance more than anything else
and lastly, it's pretty ridiculous that you can have 10mb of gifs and obnoxiousness in your post style that's shown in every single one of your posts, but can't have more than 100kb in your sig, which is only shown once on your last post on thread's page

it's antiquated, and needs to be raised to AT LEAST 500kb, though 1mb would be much more manageable

Benevolent Sex Symbol

i actually like the 100kb limit please gaia don't change it
otherwise i will be forced to stop coming online and i will tell all my friends the same!

Questionable Grabber

I am a lumber jack and I support this.

Super Friend

i made this thread long ago and gaia didnt care maybe u should show a little leg
the polease
i actually like the 100kb limit please gaia don't change it
otherwise i will be forced to stop coming online and i will tell all my friends the same!

User Image

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
why? so more people can have annoying animated pictures in their signatures like yours? (which i might add is 337.4 KB (345,495 bytes)

most of the time they don't even bother checking filesize and copy paste whatever "cool/funny/cute" animated pic they find on tumblr

it used to bother me years ago but seeing more and more users have huge animated signatures i'm alright with it.

edit: and my point is proven with the above post. emotion_yatta
Miserable pile of secrets
why? so more people can have annoying animated pictures in their signatures like yours? (which i might add is 337.4 KB (345,495 bytes)

most of the time they don't even bother checking filesize and copy paste whatever "cool/funny/cute" animated pic they find on tumblr

it used to bother me years ago but seeing more and more users have huge animated signatures i'm alright with it.

your sig is 4x the height of your post

3,000 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

7,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Blessed Fairy

There are still many users on Gaia using dialup or other slow forms of internet service. It would be unfair to them to increase the limit because it would increase their loading time. I think the 100,000 byte limit is more than large enough; it's your signature, not a movie. wink

Personally I think there also needs to be a limit on image file sizes in posts because sometimes the post styles do get out of control. But that doesn't justify breaking the file size limit on signatures as that is a written rule. That being said, the gif in your signature is over 300,000 bytes just by itself. Please remove it.

Super Friend

way 2 have a giant sig nerdlinger
Diamond Rika
There are still many users on Gaia using dialup or other slow forms of internet service. It would be unfair to them to increase the limit because it would increase their loading time. I think the 100,000 byte limit is more than large enough; it's your signature, not a movie. wink

Personally I think there also needs to be a limit on image file sizes in posts because sometimes the post styles do get out of control. But that doesn't justify breaking the file size limit on signatures as that is a written rule. That being said, the gif in your signature is over 300,000 bytes just by itself. Please remove it.

i defer to my argument about the post styles

Super Friend

Diamond Rika

punks jump up 2 get beat down

when r u scrubs gonna limit the posting styles if u want it so bad

ppl have been barkin up that tree for years, nobody likes looking @ that obnoxious s**t in every post

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
gull

way 2 have a giant sig nerdlinger
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Questionable Grabber

I honestly don't know what's worse. The fact that you are dumb, or the fact that your signature kind of kills your entire post with it trying to be funny and cute. Despite it's file size it's still obnoxiously large and I rather look at a gif that's 250x500 and 2mb than that heap you call a signature.

Not to mention gaia was made when bandwidth was just stretching out it's arms and still conservative. Majority of people were still on DSL and even dail up at the time in 2003. Now it's nearly a decade later and we've got nearly infinite bandwidth and insanely fast download speeds to boot. Anyone spending their free time on gaia really isn't concerned with download speeds because it's normal to have 1MB+ now.

The limits need to be adjusted so the mods stop bugging people about trivial things when they should be focusing on more "serious" matters.

So please. Do us all a favor and educate yourself.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff