Welcome to Gaia! ::

i notice that cash shop items are up for a while, which gives many people a chance to buy them, making their worth decrease. what if items were put in the shop for shorter periods of time, thus making them rarer and more limited? would that help more gaians become "richer"?
i'm not suggesting this happens all the time, but wouldn't it make sense to shorten times of those "rare" items in the shop?

thoughts, please!

Nerd

> ~ < I think it would only allow cash users/buyers to get richer...

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Hey... hey... take these lame suggestions to the Site Feedback ok?

Salty Pirate

46,975 Points
  • Grunnyland Dabbler 50
  • Grunnyland Collector 150
  • Grunnyland Expert 250
Um, I kinda think they should be up longer so they're worth less in the MP.

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
That would be unfair to those on haitus/unable to get gc/itunes card because of RL problems (i.e can't walk, in hospital etc.)
And gaia is trying to LESSEN inflation. So the more time cs items are in the store the better.
Mermaid Eater

right. so one, i didn't realize this was the wrong forum.
2, try not to be rude to someone over the internet.

it's pretty lame girlfriend talk2hand

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
I don't think it will do much. When people realize that items will remain in the CS for shorter periods of time, they'll buy 'em up quicker.

And Gaia wants to make money. Why would Gaia want to make it so fewer users can get the items?
Evelin333
That would be unfair to those on haitus/unable to get gc/itunes card because of RL problems (i.e can't walk, in hospital etc.)
And gaia is trying to LESSEN inflation. So the more time cs items are in the store the better.

not saying that's what they *should* do, just an honest question to start conversation.
but also, isn't that why they have gaia cash available online? (regarding your first point, i just like disagreeing.)

xhuu's Wife

Married Millionaire

22,800 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Married 100
  • Over Easy 100
jazzzzzzzzzzzzy
Evelin333

not saying that's what they *should* do, just an honest question to start conversation.
but also, isn't that why they have gaia cash available online? (regarding your first point, i just like disagreeing.)

Yeah but there are a lot of users under 18 so paypal is unavailable. and if you live in China, Australia and New zealand, Gaia cash card's aren't available.
Evelin333
jazzzzzzzzzzzzy
Evelin333

Yeah but there are a lot of users under 18 so paypal is unavailable. and if you live in China, Australia and New zealand, Gaia cash card's aren't available.

i learn new things every day.

Questionable Hero

24,325 Points
  • Healer 50
  • 20 Wins 100
  • Hunter 50
Mermaid Eater
Or not at all.

marshmallowcreampie
And Gaia wants to make money. Why would Gaia want to make it so fewer users can get the items?
Makes you wonder why Gaia even takes out items out at all.
Or not considering it is a sales tactic.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Gaia wants as much money as humanly possible.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Shintouyu

marshmallowcreampie
Makes you wonder why Gaia even takes out items out at all.
Or not considering it is a sales tactic.

It's a matter of balance, really. If Gaia doesn't leave items in very long, fewer people get the chance to buy them. If Gaia never takes them out, people are less likely to buy them because there's no sense of urgency. The items are gonna be there forever, so no rush to buy them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff