Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'd like the idea of the contract system, with the exception of the deadline part. If it was optional it's fine, but having an absolutely set deadline would just make the entire ordeal so much more stressful and put pressure one what should be a fun thing for the most part.

Plus, I show customers work in progress shots, which can slow the process down, since I can't continue working on a piece until the wip has been okayed. I'd hate to miss a deadline due to something out of my control, such as a customer taking too long to get back to me for various reasons.

Edit: Also, for the ratings, I hope that it would be, I guess similar to e-bay, where it logs who gave what rating, allows for them to give detailed feedback, and also allows artists to respond to said feedback and give them a chance to improve said rating.

As for forum titles, I think it's a cute idea, so I'd like to see that.

Not all that interested in Forum Wars though.

Durem Champion

The first two look like awesome ideas. The forum wars on the otherhand, seems a little bit pointless when you could be working on other things.

Magical Fairy

20,300 Points
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Snowball Hero 200
  • Frozen Solid 200
I like forum titles and contract system. I've seen forum titles requested here in SF a few times in the past before and have supported it.

Forum wars seem utterly useless.

Devout Gaian

I like the forum title idea, an absolute NO to the others. I feel the contract system will be cheated by users, that or otherwise someone who is not popular will not be trusted. Forum wars doesn't seem to have a point, and feels like it will be awfully demeaning to the person who is losing.

Team Lead

11,950 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Rat Conqueror 500
Both ideas look really cool! The second one is something that's really needed

Mewling Prophet

11,400 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
TBH it all looks cool, but working on zOMG! instead of burying it in the closet with all the mothballs would be nice. That's just my opinion though.

Shadowy Sleuth

20,750 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Hunter 50
the contract system looks really snazzy. i likes it a lot.

the forum wars concept is pretty lame and i don't think it'll become much (if anything) other than a popularity contest.

Fluffy Werewolf

15,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hunter 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Only that art shops thing looks decent to me, concept wise. The other two, eh not so much.

Hallowed Treasure

12,900 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Survivor 150
User ImageThe best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Forum Titles
I like the idea, but unless it counts our previous post/fish caught/etc. I don't want it. I know how much I've posted and I don't want to have to post 100 more times just to be none as a newbie or something. stare
70% Approval

Shop Contracts
Again, I like the idea. I can see how useful it would be, to both seller and buyers. 3nodding
100% Approval

Forum Wars
OH GOD NO!! That would just give the trollers an excuse. gonk
0% Approval

O.G. Firestarter

22,425 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
Titles - Not exactly useful but not really harmful. Wouldn't really feel too strongly either way.

Contracts - Dunno really. On one hand it's an easy thing to go back to if you need screencaps to prove a scam, but at the same time you can do the same with forum posts.

Forum wars - I can see this turning into people spamming for votes, and maybe even competitive trolling.
I love the Forum Titles idea.

However, I think we should really have a better title system for guilds, to make them more guild-y. Like, the crew/mods should be able to give titles to guild members. o3o

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
The forum war thing doesn't seem really useful. It's really no different from...a poll. An unbiased poll.

If you use it though test it out in an event first, or maybe it's own special "forum war" forum (give it it's own forum)...don't unleash it on the site like a rabid dog.

As for forum titles, "Awesome Nuts" would be a great forum title. Just be sure if you do release adjectives...be aware that people are going to be on the lookout for vulgar combinations ;D

The art contract % thing might be worrying if, say, one end holds up their end of the bargain but the other end doesn't, so the contract fails and hurts both parties' percentage, even if it was really the fault of 1 person. People might complain about how it affects their % if % is based on completion from both parties. I'm basing this on assumptions for how % is calculated though...don't really know how you guys are going to calculate that.

Also for the art directory there are going to be 1000s of listings...and a ton of people are going to create listings/shops and abandon them....so it'd be really cool if we could distinguish/search between active and inactive shops (e.g. shops that have contract/thread activity within the past X days). Or if we can "jump" pages when searching through the directory (like how we can jump to a certain page in a thread)...in the Outfit Marketplace you can't jump pages so you have to click 'next' 500 times to get to the 500th page in the Outfit Marketplace directory, which sucks for the people who have listings between pages 10-3000.

Scholarly Storyteller

57,450 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Level 10 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
Amaya has Fallen
User ImageThe best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart.

Forum Titles
I like the idea, but unless it counts our previous post/fish caught/etc. I don't want it. I know how much I've posted and I don't want to have to post 100 more times just to be none as a newbie or something. stare
70% Approval

He did mention it tying to achievements....so if we have the achievement, I think it means we get the title?

I wonder if that'd mean that we'd get new achievements (e.g. fishing related achievements)?

Or achievements for every new possible forum title?

Nimble Explorer

Forum titles sound fun, I'm indifferent to the contracts thing (Not particularly in favor, but I'm not opposed to figuring out if it goes live and I want to sell art again), and the third one? Sounds...um...well...no. Just no, to the forum wars thing.

Dangerous Knight

I love the idea of forum titles! And while I wouldn't get much use out of it myself, I think the contracts system is a pretty good way to tidy up the buying process, plus I know a lot of people would probably like it.
But forum wars just seems kind of pointless to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff