Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bitchboots's Prince

Girl-Crazy Man-Lover

I'd like to see existing features maintained over something new and shiny that everyone will stop using after six months and will eventually break and/or be removed for low usage.

How's Alchemy coming along by the way?

Hot Lop

I like the contract system. The others seem like
things that would lose their appeal after a few months.

Beloved Entrepreneur

12,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I'm thinking what if the Forum title be more flexible? I mean, in my case, when I change my avatar's outfit, I will find a good name for it like currently 'The Brown Soldier' fits my avi (not a good looking avi I know smile ) Unfortunately i've changed my username many times I have to pay OMGgolds!.....
Why not let us name the title ourselve (title for current outfit) with a little, flat price, maybe?

Problem is... Staff impersonation..

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
I really like the idea of forum titles based on achievements. I think it would be a great way to reward users for their dedication to certain aspects of this site. I love the idea of it, such as a nifty title for those that reach max alchemy level. I have mad respect for them. I fear I will be forever at level three!

I also really like the Art Contract too. I know I've won art auctions or got art slots and end up with a pending trade for months, sometimes a year or more. The contract would eliminate that worry when you have waited six months for someone to complete art, and you notice they haven't logged in for the last four months. You end up not knowing what to do. Cancel since contacting them isn't an option? But then if they come back a week or two later and decide to finish it and you no longer have the payment, there's the worry of it being seen as a scam. The more I think about it, the more I like it, both on a buyer and artist point of view. Maybe it would motivate me to finish my breedable pets faster! heart

Ok, fine, I like all the ideas. The forum wars would be potentially fun in the discussion forums. THESE ARE ALL AWESOME, okay?

Partying Gaian

2,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Hygienic 200
The art contract is a greeeaaaat idea! It would solve a lot of the problems that people face in art and breedables threads when a user poofs or scams others. I hope to see this become a real thing in the near future.

Dramatic Senshi

18,325 Points
  • OTP 200
  • Hero 100
  • Magical Girl 50
I'm ambivalent on forum wars and forum titles; both seem interesting but gimmicky.

Contracts, on the other hand? Oh dear Lord yes PLEASE. I'm not in general art forums much, but I am a BCer, and I've spent months and months waiting for things to be finished and wondering if the commission was even still open. This would hopefully motivate artists to finish things sooner, especially in the BC where things can and do take months or even years.

In a relationship with Yiisu

Demonology Warlock

60,225 Points
  • The Forlorn Warlock 500
  • Dual Class Magic User 500
  • Night Club Singer 500
Achievement titles would be interesting, but I can see it as becoming annoying for some people over time.

The art contract idea appeals to me very much. It's quite a clever idea and the concept image looks great. I wonder if this could be worked with Alchemy services as well, somehow?
What happens to the mini-shops forum if the contracts come out?

Invisible Fatcat

8,500 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
Forum wars looks rather stupid. It makes me think of those people who say Like if----- ( insert context here)

And it seems like a waste of time.

Savage Fairy

24,600 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
I like the contract system idea. Not sure about the other ones.

Dangerous Man-Lover

12,175 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I like the Forum Title Idea, I love expressing myself.

Obsessive milonguera

About the art contracts and art shops listing.

I approve of both if they remain optional and as an addition to the way the things are, not a forceful substitution.

A directory of art and other shops would be useful if artists could make an entry regardless of their shop threads in forums. Threads in forums aren't just a place to buy and sell art, they are a meeting place and a community - directories cannot substitute that.

Contracts should be made more [time] flexible.

An user said it would show artists how to be 'real professionals' and how art buying and selling works in the real world. I can only speak for myself but so far I was really glad I could do art for people on Gaia, without the formality of contracts and constraint of deadlines - as opposed to all the other art I do outside of this website, as a real professional.

And this idea should be posted in the mini shops communities as they would be the ones using it the most often. I'm sure users frequenting those forums could give the best feedback.

Cluttered Browser

26,350 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Omg yes to all of those please
Where do I submit an item idea? O.o here I guess?

I wanna submit an idea for and outfit/item that made up of two items but would work well together but gaia won't let me equip both items, so maybe someone could make them as one and put it in gaia?

jade rabbit and lady alzbeta

http://i320.photobucket.com/albums/nn339/XthecheatedX/gaiaidea.png

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas