Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gekkoki
My love for you...

gaia_nitemareleft It's not going to lower the hacking threat at all.. Hackers (good ones at least) just take a username, put it into the appropriate field, post this special little code into the password field, and BAM password is auto-deciphered and the user is screwed. Only protection from this is to use encrypted passwords or more technical ones that the password codes have a hard time figuring out. Gaia changing it's virtual spaces doesn't fix anything or lower any threats. gaia_nitemareright

...shines brighter than the sun

Can't we at least be happy the guy finally responded to our question? And says it wouldn't be hard to do? T-T

I feel pretty good right now. I'm sorry you don't :[

Shy Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ozzy the Dreamer
Gekkoki
My love for you...

gaia_nitemareleft It's not going to lower the hacking threat at all.. Hackers (good ones at least) just take a username, put it into the appropriate field, post this special little code into the password field, and BAM password is auto-deciphered and the user is screwed. Only protection from this is to use encrypted passwords or more technical ones that the password codes have a hard time figuring out. Gaia changing it's virtual spaces doesn't fix anything or lower any threats. gaia_nitemareright

Can't we at least be happy the guy finally responded to our question? And says it wouldn't be hard to do? T-T

I feel pretty good right now. I'm sorry you don't :[

My love for you...

gaia_nitemareleft Hmm? Yeah! Sorry, lol just woke up a little while ago and my tummy is upset is all.. gaia_nitemareright

Shy Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
My love for you...

gaia_nitemareleft Also, Akira wanted me to send you his support and hopes things work out. xD He's at school so he can't post this himself. gaia_nitemareright

Owlie
I'd much rather have any dev time devoted to zOMG as an actual game, and fix the broken quest lines, than split the userbase in half between the actual game and a hangout space.
Thank you so much for posting!

I agree that fixing the game would be good at this point.

But as I've learned from questing for an expensive item of late, all that zOMG boils down to is a room full of veterans who have done everything and now are only interested in farming for gold. I should know; I am one xD

Even if zOMG! got an update with fixes and new quests, time would pass and this would only happen again.

There are SO many spots on the map that I can see potential for people hanging out like they do in the virtual spaces. Having the option between game and virtual space, in my opinion, would not only give variety, but give the developers TIME to fix and update the game while we all hang out :3
Gekkoki
My love for you...

gaia_nitemareleft Also, Akira wanted me to send you his support and hopes things work out. xD He's at school so he can't post this himself. gaia_nitemareright

Tell Akira I said thank you very much and I hope he has a great day at school >w<

I'm staying positive. With friends like you guys, how could I give up on hope for this idea? :3

Winged Phantom

18,300 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Marathon 300
Ozzy the Dreamer
Owlie
I'd much rather have any dev time devoted to zOMG as an actual game, and fix the broken quest lines, than split the userbase in half between the actual game and a hangout space.
I agree that fixing the game would be good at this point.

But as I've learned from questing for an expensive item of late, all that zOMG boils down to is a room full of veterans who have done everything and now are only interested in farming for gold. I should know; I am one xD

There are SO many spots on the map that I can see potential for people hanging out like they do in the virtual spaces. Having the option between game and virtual space, in my opinion, would not only give variety, but give the developers TIME to fix and update the game while we all hang out :3

I agree there are lots of awesome places on the map for hanging out, but honestly if those areas are not already used, I don't think opening a new space will increase traffic.

The developer's time is not determined by how many people are on the servers, but rather by what HQ thinks it wants to invest in.

If anything, decreasing the number of players actively playing the game will make the game even less likely to be updated in the future.

The nails have already been hammered into zOMG's coffin, there's no reason to bury the coffin in concrete.
I guess we'll just have to see what happens. The staff seem to do as they please regardless of us suggesting it or not, as evidence to this recent change to Rally and Hollywood.

At the very least, someone at Gaia browsing Site Feedback might see this thread and get some ideas for whatever THEY want to do. Probably won't be what I suggested, but at least I'll have contributed in some indirect way xD

On another site-note: People are reacting very strongly to this Rally/Hollywood thing. Personally, I'd calm down a bit and see how Gaia takes everyone's feedback on the matter. But of course for some, Rally and Hollywood are the biggest features on the site.

I know the feeling. I want to see virtual spaces expanded upon :{D~

Shy Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ozzy the Dreamer
Gekkoki
My love for you...

Tell Akira I said thank you very much and I hope he has a great day at school >w<

I'm staying positive. With friends like you guys, how could I give up on hope for this idea? :3

My love for you...

gaia_nitemareleft We are both glad you are staying positive, and we are both behind you on this, all the way! gaia_nitemareright

5,800 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Huh. I think this would be pretty cool. It'd cut down on the loading time being that it's just right there. Especially if your computer has a problem with quickly changing things or you can't handle having the zOMG window up with the Towns window up together. Also it's good for quick crews too :] smile

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

15,200 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cheercrusher 50

From top to bottom:
******** businesses, how do they work?
would support
would support
would support, but rather on friend's lists
lol didn't read, sorry mate
I would support a variety of color pallets, however, I WANT NEW SHINY ITEMS.
Probably would never play it, but why not?

4/7 aint bad. Everyone has to start somewhere whee

@thread:

I do not see how feasible it would be to integrate flash spaces to zOMG!

I'm one for finishing zOMG!, or at least using Towns 2 (or zOMG! 2) to finish the story.

Sweetheart

7,800 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Love Machine 150
I think it would also spark peoples' interest in playing zOMG that haven't played it much or before smile (There could be a button at the bottom saying something to the effect of "I want to PLAY zOMG" to take you to the actual game). So it's win win for everyone and not much work for the devs.
@Terror: Yeah, I've learned the hard way some of my ideas were lost causes for one reason or another. xD I think I had others in the past that I lost the links to. Like there being a 'normal proportions/non-chibi' version of your avatar you can look at in 'My Gaia' and/or set as your signature. I had a bunch of 'em, man @~@'

Some ideas I've made really WERE 'too much work' or 'impossible for business reasons,' but seeing from codemonkey that this sort of thing would be doable is a huge relief ^ ^

Thank you all for posting, I love to see people's thoughts and feedback 3nodding

Perfect Fatcat

best o' luck <3
@body peircing: Thank you!

Just tried DMS. Not the best luck with crews, and holy crap they built that place to be hardcore xD

Sad thing that there isn't an easy mode so I can just get some screens of the last area.
It would be quite the hangout spot, I'd imagine. cool

Shy Sex Symbol

9,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Invisibility 100
Ozzy the Dreamer
@body peircing: Thank you!

Just tried DMS. Not the best luck with crews, and holy crap they built that place to be hardcore xD

Sad thing that there isn't an easy mode so I can just get some screens of the last area.
It would be quite the hangout spot, I'd imagine. cool

My love for you...

gaia_nitemareleft Yeah seriously .x. gaia_nitemareright

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items