Welcome to Gaia! ::

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

I've been thinking maybe we should have a seperation from the newbies. Like when they first join they can't talk or PM or have any other sort of contact with the older users, until they have a certain number of posts. There are flaws in this idea i'm sure I just haven't thought of them Haha.

So what do you guys/girls think?
i love it!
That's rather elitist, dontcha think?
uh....what about older gaians who LIKE to help newbies sweatdrop And this is a community, why ostricize(sp?) people becuase they just joined?

Garbage

I would have quit Gaia if I had been restricted to interactions with newbies only. I met a couple mods and prominent members, and settled myself as an Extended Discussion regular, while I still had a relatively low post count. But to be restricted to the sort of idiocy that most newbies display would have driven me off the site, and then I'd never have had the honor of attempting to steal Jakob's hat and have him bite me at Anime Boston xd Or made as many friends as I have.

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

Da Pyro
That's rather elitist, dontcha think?

Can i get a definition of that word?
Cassidy Peterson
I would have quit Gaia if I had been restricted to interactions with newbies only.

Me too. Its only due to extreme circumstances that I became hooked to gaia
uh well.....there could be posibilities, like if someone had a big problem and wanted to put in the life issues, but didn't want you to know who they were, they could get a mule....and put the issue in.....if what your saying will happen, then they would have to wait to put up the post? but what if they wanted an answer soon....but had to get like 100 posts......but they didn't have enought ime, so they would have to imbarrass themselves....as in us their original account... sweatdrop

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

Milkchan
uh....what about older gaians who LIKE to help newbies sweatdrop And this is a community, why ostricize(sp?) people becuase they just joined?

For one. There are more users that hurt new users than help. In the end if they are exposed to that they becaome the same. Perhaps there could be certain mods that are allowed to go into the new users area and help?
I think that most older Gaians would agree that this is a bad idea.
a**l Jesus
Milkchan

For one. There are more users that hurt new users than help. In the end if they are exposed to that they becaome the same. Perhaps there could be certain mods that are allowed to go into the new users area and help?

mods have way to much on their hands than to do that....

Festive Celebrator

Then they would never learn the true gaian ways.

Join in the oldbie-wisdom, they must xd
What if a newer user needed to contact a moderator? Then what?

a**l Jesus - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=elitist

suqarbabey's Husband

Loiterer

Harvestmoon9
a**l Jesus
Milkchan

I know that. I meant that certain mods are made for that job only. rolleyes
a**l Jesus
Harvestmoon9
a**l Jesus
Milkchan

I know that. I meant that certain mods are made for that job only. rolleyes
like the people who already do it but aren't mods.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff