Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Seeker

edy

Sebasu

L1 s_SonicWave

maybe you still don't believe me that this account and I-Prince Musikuu-l is never hacked before. Ask my friends here and if you need anymore proof, go ahead and send an email to this account's current email address. I really need my account as fast as you developers can... I shouldn't have tried that secondary auth token because it doesn't work properly...
Since asking the bug forum and PMing admins and devs don't work, can I please talk to someone about the login issues on regular login?

I have run into an issue with logging in, it takes three tries to log in no matter what, even if I use the right password. I have tried under windows 7, 8, android, and linux I have used Frontier, Comcast, and Wave Broadband. I have used the standard DNS and OpenDNS. I have used this on two different accounts. The issue happens every time.

Aged Survivor

23,275 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Voter 100
I have a minor issue. I only have the authenticator on this account, but I always have to log in twice because I get rejected the 1st time I try to enter the code to log in. When I try the 2nd time it will log me in. I use Firefox as my main browser. Other than that minor issue it works well for me.
Major issue here. I was having issues with my iphone so I had to do a factory reset, but that made it so I lost my authenticatior (not the app, just the part that makes it specfic to my account)

I can still login via the gaia app, but not on a computer/etc. (this is not the account I am having the issue with)

edit: I cannot back up as the backup I made is corrupted.

edit: I also do not have the original email.

editx3: I do have access to the email account just fine, is there someway I could get the code resent?
Tillisnut
I have a minor issue. I only have the authenticator on this account, but I always have to log in twice because I get rejected the 1st time I try to enter the code to log in. When I try the 2nd time it will log me in. I use Firefox as my main browser. Other than that minor issue it works well for me.

If you don't clear your cookies, then you shouldn't need to login twice if you're using:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/auth/login/

We checked for a cookie that says whether you have secondary authentication, and if you do, we display the secondary token field. We set the cookie every time you login. If you're using the header tabs to login, then you will have to login twice since we don't have space right now in that image to accommodate the secondary token.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

Ok so I recently got this thing on my phone.

Is there any way that I can stay logged in on this computer without having to enter my information in every time I close the window?

I like the added security and all, but this is getting a little irritating to have to go grab my phone to log in every single time.
Citrine Shard

Is there any way that I can stay logged in on this computer without having to enter my information in every time I close the window?

I like the added security and all, but this is getting a little irritating to have to go grab my phone to log in every single time.

If it's not a public computer, you can click on the "Remember Me" option when you login, and that will keep you logged in. You shouldn't have to login every time you close and open your browser unless it's been a couple hours since your last activity. Also check that you don't have add-ons/plug-ins that delete/clear your cookies when you close your browser.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

edy
Citrine Shard

If it's not a public computer, you can click on the "Remember Me" option when you login, and that will keep you logged in. You shouldn't have to login every time you close and open your browser unless it's been a couple hours since your last activity. Also check that you don't have add-ons/plug-ins that delete/clear your cookies when you close your browser.

I always click the "remember me" It never works.
And it kicks me off even if I close the tab, no matter how long its been since the last visit.
Even if I close the browser for two minutes I get kicked out.
And the only thing I have enabled is a pop-up blocker which doesn't do anything to the cookies.
Citrine Shard
edy
Citrine Shard

I always click the "remember me" It never works.
And it kicks me off even if I close the tab, no matter how long its been since the last visit.
Even if I close the browser for two minutes I get kicked out.
And the only thing I have enabled is a pop-up blocker which doesn't do anything to the cookies.

I would suggest trying a different browser, and see if the problem persists. Remember Me is cookie based, as is our login. It's possible that you enabled something long ago, and forgot, and that's causing problems. Since there aren't other threads with people experiencing the same problem, it's something related to your browser and how it's setup. You can also check your security settings for the browser since that will also affect how cookies are treated.

Shirtless Shapeshifter

edy

I would suggest trying a different browser, and see if the problem persists. Remember Me is cookie based, as is our login. It's possible that you enabled something long ago, and forgot, and that's causing problems. Since there aren't other threads with people experiencing the same problem, it's something related to your browser and how it's setup. You can also check your security settings for the browser since that will also affect how cookies are treated.

Ok so I tried it on Internet Explorer, which I never touch so it's still on default settings and whatnot. I usually use Firefox.

Anyway, I logged in with Internet Explorer and it didn't kick me out when I closed the tab.
But it did however log me out after closing the browser and opening it back up within a minute.
I clicked "remember me".
And I checked all the settings and everything is default and nothing clears the cookies or the cache, or at least if it is it's not supposed to.

Any other ideas?

Shirtless Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Megathread 100
I have no idea where this goes but I need help. My phone deleted my account that was linked to the app and now I have no idea how to get it back. And I can't log into my main account now. How do I get it removed so I can log back in?

angelkisses999's Other Half

Divine Demigod

14,650 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Almighty Kamina
I have no idea where this goes but I need help. My phone deleted my account that was linked to the app and now I have no idea how to get it back. And I can't log into my main account now. How do I get it removed so I can log back in?

Same thing happened to me! I have the app on my iPad and the account didn't show up.....all my stuff is on my main account and I just want to get rid of the token!
I angel of your dreams I
Almighty Kamina

Same thing happened to me! I have the app on my iPad and the account didn't show up.....all my stuff is on my main account and I just want to get rid of the token!

What account is affected?

angelkisses999's Other Half

Divine Demigod

14,650 Points
  • Fortuitous Finder 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Angelic Alliance 100
edy
I angel of your dreams I
Almighty Kamina

What account is affected?

Angelkisses999

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas